• This topic has 889 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by loum.
Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 890 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Xmas
  • sirromj

Tue: 5 mile cross country run, 50 minutes. 30 minutes basic trials here and there in village.

Wed: 1hr20 trials bike around old spots I used to live.

jimmy

Just shy of 10km running up Carnethy Hill in the Pentlands and back down tonight.

ahsat

The mental exhaustion of the last week of dealing with that mental health situation at work has caught up with me today. Planned garage gym became Pilates in front of last nights bake off.

I’ve had two days of bodyweight/bands. Not much else to report! I’m enjoying the little improvements I’ve made throughout this.

mogrim

Still going here, been doing double sessions all week: weights+swim on Monday, run+turbo on Tuesday, then weights+swim again yesterday. Planning on turbo+run today.

Tomorrow’s a concern, though – not sure how I’m going to fit 30min exercise in. Might have to do a 30min yoga session or similar with the work laptop open (and pretend I’m working…)

jimmy

Technically I suppose I’m out. I didn’t manage 30 mins yesterday – lunch plans were disturbed and evening plans amounted to 20 mins of yoga and press ups. Today, similar but I’ve done 60 Burpees. So I’ve done *something* but not 30 mins.

sirromj

I think it’s been said the occasional day here or there can be excused.

Earlier this year I was reading Ross Edgley’s The Art of Resilience , The man who swam around the British Isles – 1780 miles in 157 days! Didn’t finish the last 3rd of the book, but have often found myself thinking about it during this challenge; it does add a some perspective on what we’re doing, and has helped me push on physically. It’s also informative to someone who is interested in sports science but doesn’t actually know anything about it! And some amusing anecdotes.

Thu: 1hr ride to parents, to do hedge cutting. 30 minutes yoga in evening.
    Fri: 1hr trials at skatepark, including the ride there and back, 50 minutes bodyweight exercise in evening

This week has seen me do the most trials riding in one week, with a couple of upper bodyweight sessions, but more importantly without my shoulders, arms, and wrists hating me for it. I sit at a desk working on a PC, and quite happy to do the same in my spare time too. So the more I actually break out of this and start using my body to do things, the better it gets.

scotroutes

Sorry about the lack of updates. Mrs S had an emergency admission to Raigmore Hospital in the early hours of Wednesday morning as she was feeling so poorly. She seems to be doing much better now.

Between trips to Inverness, I’ve been hitting Zwift, including the new Neokyo roads, and managed out for a run on Friday. Plans for a bivvy tonight are on hold as she might be getting home today.

AndrewL

Hope Mrs Scotroutes feeling better and makes her escape back home.

Trot around the woods for me today. Hopefully a ride tomorrow.

ahsat

All the best to you and Mrs Scotroutes. Hope she is feeling some improvement.

Thursday: garage gym, though really good my food wrong and felt naff
    Friday: walk up the hill before work
    Saturday: 8 mile walk with family

Legs still aching from gym and not feeling v walking fit!

mogrim

Bit of a fail yesterday – I had lunch with my colleagues in Madrid, it was great to see them in the flesh (we all WFH) but not ideal for exercise! Managed a couple of hours of walking, mainly with the dog, but that kind of feels against the spirit of the thing. But it’ll have to do 🙂

Best wishes for Mrs. Scotroutes, too!

jimmy

Hope Mrs Onion is doing better…

Trip to the hills this weekend and a very wintery loop from Glen Doll to Loch Muick and back.

ahsat

30 miles of gravel riding today, on some new to us tracks and roads. Brutal northerly headwind. But actually felt the strongest on the bike I have for over a year! 🙂

scotroutes

Mrs S is doing much better and should be discharged tomorrow morning. That being the case, I opted to make the most of my last night of freedom 😀

sirromj

I’m getting jealous not only of the landscapes you’re posting now, but the beers too! Though I did make up for it Saturday with a couple of generous glasses of red. Do like an IPA though 🙂

Sat: 10k run, bit late in the afternoon so carried bike light round with me and used literally in the last two minutes.

Sun: – easy day – after getting back from a trip to see Christmas lights in a pinetum for the kids, and I’d sat around for a bit, it was getting late, 40 minutes of yoga finished at 11:45 pm.

AndrewL

I keep having intentions to do a Bivvy and not quite building up enthusiasm!

Over the last week:

Monday – walk in the woods
    Tuesday – ride out from Calver, past Hassop, down the golf course descent Bakewell and back via Eyam
    Hassop track

13 bends crossing

view from Eyam

Wednesday – off road commute back over Froggat and down through Blackamoor
    Thursday – back to work on the road via Calver
    Friday – loop after work round Tideswell
    Saturday – trot round the woods
    Sunday – out to Holmesfield, Barlow, Linacre reservoirs and back via Holmesfield again.

drop to back of Bradway

Ground still unusually dry for the time of year.

scotroutes

Well, I had to get home again…

That’s my 60th consecutive “bivvy a month”. A couple of times, it’s felt like ticking a box, every other time I’ve been glad of the rather restorative feeling I get. A night out is never a mistake.

jimmy

I really need to get in the habit. I can never decide where to go, and my bed is too appealing cometh the time without a plan..

AndrewL

I like the snow and proper hills above from Scotroutes and Jimmy!

We got out to Hope today on the train and did a loop up broken road, Rushup, down to Peak Forest and then back up to the top and down Pindale.

broken road

ahsat

Scotroutes and Jimmy smashing the photos again

Monday: simple local walk in recovery mode
    Today: stupidly hard Pilates session that resulted in a heap of laughter

And tomorrow is day 70. Day 70 was my last day of the 2020 challenge, as I started feeling ill with Covid that evening, and some pretty tough months followed. Going to give long covid two fingers with a longish gravel ride tomorrow.

sirromj

Mon: 50 minutes bodyweight exercise in shed, 35 minutes cycling 9 miles in 3 rides, hedgecutting
    Tue: 24 minutes for 2 rides total 6 miles, hedgecutting, 30 minute 3.6 mile run.
    Mentioning the hedgecutting because it was hard work I’m not used to.

IMG-20211122-103646

scotroutes

Out for a wee walk with Mrs S today. You can’t begin to imagine how good that felt!

ahsat

Grand stuff Scotroutes

ahsat

42 mile gravel ride, for both mind and body equals my 70 day run of last year.

If anyone is bored/wants more context: https://www.instagram.com/p/CWqm6SiseNP/?utm_medium=copy_link

scotroutes

Yeah, day 70. Get. In.

(Also my birthday)

Out on the Fatbike for a trundle round some fireroads and a wee bit of singletrack. It’s definitely getting muddier though dropping to freezing overnight.

That wall of cloud included a wee snow shower that caught me just as I started heading home.

sirromj

Happy Birthday Scotroutes and good pics as always :+1:

Commutes total 50mins ~1hr spent in the shed, spots of tidying then cutting two 40cm lengths of pvc pipe and gluing one pvc pipe joint onto each. Makes a packable bunny hop bar which I’ve not used with any success for over two years. That was done within two minute rest periods between sets of bodyweight exercises (5x40s chest to wall handstands, 5×6 dips, 5×12 bodyweight rows).

jimmy

Happy belated Birthday, Col.

What’s been this week? Not much. Lunchtime walks and a 40min blast round local roads yesterday. There’s an Innovation / Science park across the road with nice empty roads, makes for a nice 10 miler within lunch constraints, my equivalent of Zwifting.

Job Interview tomorrow so have been conserving energy. Will run/ride off any remaining nervous energy once it’s done.

mogrim

Happy birthday for yesterday, Scotroutes!

Good run last night with the club: 4×2’/2×4’/1×8′ intervals. Freezing at the start, and I was a right sweaty mess by the end 😀

No photos, and that’s probably for the best.

scotroutes

I was out for a short walk with Mrs S on Thursday, then got Arwened yesterday so it was a late evening yoga session. (After making progress with the Dining Room-to-Gym conversion.)

Made the most of today though.

scotroutes

Yeah, so 12km run this morning. Very slippy in places and some dodgy frozen puddles which I was never sure were going to take my weight (some didn’t). No photos but assume the same as yesterday without a bike in the way 😃

sirromj

thu: 44 minutes out on trials bike, used bunny hop bar, reach 40cm but failed to clear it 3 times consecutively.
    fri: 1hr out on trials bike, bunny hop bar again and various small stuff.
    sat: 1hr in shed of bodyweight exercsie, tidying the nut & bolt drawer during 2min rest periods between sets.
    sun: cold 10k run should have worn gloves but still got sweaty. enjoyed though.

jimmy

Friday, a run which felt like hard work. It was flat and I just prefer running hills when the hurt is understandable, but on the flat it’s a different sort of hurt. Anyway.

Yesterday, I maybe failed but I did walk for 30mins at an Edinburgh Castle lights event.

Today, been for a stroll in the lightly dusted Pentlands.

ahsat

Nice photos all.

Thursday: recovery walk from the previous days ride
    Friday: garage gym with weights or reps increased on most exercises.
    Saturday: spent all day sanding our hall, stairs and landing (thinking I’ve sanded my fingerprints off as can’t unlocked my phone anymore) so 30 min yoga session in the evening
    Sunday: bit of an epic across the moors in fresh powder. Realised I really was out there on my own after a while so bailed for bacon

AndrewL

What a change over the week. Like the photos above and glad people are getting out to play in the snow.

Monday: local loop through the woods and out to Blackamoor.

Tuesday: train out to Hope and did a loop over to Peak Forest

Wednesday – ride after work
    Thursday – early morning trot
    Friday – most borderline day so far – managed to cobble together about 30minutes of walking

Saturday – walk round the woods
    Sunday – ride in the snow – had melted and hgone slushy on Saturday then frozen hard overnight so interesting conditions.

ahsat

Might have to use my ‘cheat’ pass today! Walked 30 mins to get my flu jab, but wasn’t going to count that as it was running errands and I planned to do pilates this evening. However now feeling pretty naff post jab with a very woozy head – don’t think pilates is going to happen!

ahsat

Stubbornness won through and Pilates done. Blurghh. Head easing a little – let’s hope that’s it in regard to side affects.

sirromj

Well done! One of my knees was having a little grumble after my run yesterday so I Went for a brisk 50 minute lunch time walk through the fields from the office today. Which didn’t help. Another 30 minute beginner yoga session this evening.

3/4s of the way through!

scotroutes

Endeavour to persevere!

I still have no apparent side-effects from my double-jag today.

30-something minutes on Zwift tonight. A bit harder than I normally

Play room / pain cave is coming along. I’ll be in Inverness tomorrow so will be looking for some more bits for it.

ahsat

Wow Scotroutes. That is quite the set up. We are lucky to have ours up permanently too, but it’s a bit more of a bodge around other bikes in the cellar and nothing as shiny. Looking at the weather today, that’s what I’ll be doing later (overslept to do it before work – ops – think I was seeing off the rest of the vaccine).

Your right Simon – 3/4s of the way! Good luck with the knee.

jimmy

Also took some effort just to crank out 40mins of Yoga last night but as usual it was needed.

For continuation of photos, this is the view from my window and the bright light caught my eye – turned out to be Logan Air ABD-EDI, must have had full beam on (taken with Google Pixel night sight).

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 890 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Xmas’ is closed to new replies.