• This topic has 889 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by loum.
Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 890 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Xmas
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Out of isolation yesterday so am rejoining despite losing about 12 days, will continue after Xmas and maybe do a dry Jan/exercise medley. Yesterday was an hour’s walk with the family down ulverston canal and an hour on the road bike for starters and will be a lunch run today.

AndrewL

Last week:

A bit of a quieter one overall and a photo fail!

Mon – bike ride locally, out to Blackamoor and houndkirk area
    Tues – ran in the evening with other half, up onto Totley moss
    Wed – ride after work mainly on the road on commute bike
    Thurs – meeting after work but managed to ride to it mainly via Monsal trail, at end of meeting rode back, forgot I was heading back uphill on trail and then big climb at the end to get back to the car!
    Fri – rode to the pub and short walk
    Sat – Dig day in LAdy Cannings – my arms tell me this has pretty much covered my exercise requirements until Christmas.
    Sun – exciting Trellis building in day so managed a short evening run after.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve been a bit out the loop with the thread this year (I’ve been keeping up to date with it on a Whatsapp chat with some pals in Switzerland). Here’s some highlights – I’ve not missed a day yet.

Hiking the Tarmachan Ridge on Saturday.

Gravel bimble around St Boswells on Sunday

Up Ben Ledi

Done a lot of playing in the Tweed Valley

Slashed my leg open at Yair – I thought this we going to put the brakes on things but a few steristrips have sorted out what’s actually a really deep gash and it’s no made any difference.

Got out with pals quite a bit more than I usually do for the challenge.

Explored some old haunts in Fife.

Done absolutely loads of gravel, usually around 45 miles. And occassionally got very wet.

Has a few splashes in kayaks.

Even did a bit of road riding.

AndrewL

Lovely photos (except the leg!)

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Missed your contributions munro.I,m sensing people, are struggling alot more with the challenge this year.With what’s going on it’s not surprising really.Well done everybody for keeping on.

swavis

Saturday I managed a good 90 minute blast on the gravel bike.

Sunday was a family ride from Burghead to Findhorn and back. A lovely 25km with a hot chocolate stop halfway. Brilliant!

keefezza
    Free Member

Still keeping on top of this. My low exercise days usually result in a little walk around the streets of an evening at the moment. But getting in the required amount.

Not as tired as I was at the beginning of the month and noticing some weight loss too, I don’t really have much weight to lose but my belt, already on its final hole, is beginning to slacken off slightly.

Drumming everyday has not happened unfortunately.
    I’m gonna flip it around for new year, 30 minutes of drumming everyday (minimum) and throw in the bodyweight exercises as much as I can. I’ve noticed, even with a couple of weeks of drumming daily, a good improvement in consistency.

scotroutes

Gonna be busy later so snuck in a run before lunch

onehundredthidiot

Still in, Saturday was a rubbish 5 mile run in the rain before langholm chilli festival.

Sunday was post beer evening turbo which was no fun. Today will be a repeat of the 5miler but in sunshine.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

4 mile run was all I could be arsed doing tonight.

That us at 40 now?.

swavis

40 minute walk with the kids & dog this evening, it’ll do.

sirromj

Yep 40 days!

Sun: 45 minutes on the trials bike – this time not for a ride with the kids.
    Mon: 45 minutes bodyweight exercise in the shed (combined with shed tidying during 2 minute rest between sets).

Wanting to do more but still not at full strength since sickness/cold from last week.

ahsat

Well I miscounted. Thought it was 39. Retraced through my Strava entries and had a double 33.

Another late Pilates session here. Hoping for abs of steel at the end of this!

kelvin

Sunday was a family ride from Burghead to Findhorn and back. A lovely 25km with a hot chocolate stop halfway. Brilliant!

That’s the good stuff!

Walk with my youngest joining up lots of different woods and coppices yesterday, checking out fungi and autumn leaves.

Quick nip up to the Pike this evening. Wet up top on the moors. Time to start sticking to winter trails. Beautiful out though.

Spring doesn’t have a monopoly on beautiful nature.

ahsat

Cycled to work today. I am really pushed for time as I have a manic week with some pretty big deadlines; so ended up taking the road route rather than the offroad. That didn’t end well – ended up carrying my bike to the LBS as I got a puncture from hell thanks to glass on the road! Should have stuck to off-road.

sirromj

Tues: 45 minute lunch time run, 5.6 miles.

jimmy

Think I’ll be missing today, I have the superbug and feel dreadful. Dragged myself out for a walk earlier but managed only 10-15 mins.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Get well soon Jimmy.

Another awesome Lebe Stark Kettlebell session tonight, 42 mins of pain.

alexpalacefan

Pinched nerve in shoulder, old snow boarding injury. Very ouchy.
    Missed yesterday AND today, so I’m out.
    I’ll be starting “50 days of exercise until Christmas” shortly.

APF

scotroutes

A quick catch up.
    Tuesday evening featured a much needed yoga session. It was great to give the legs a good stretch.

Wednesday morning was a 35 minute swim in Loch Vaa. Water temperatures around 9-10 degrees and still wearing a suit at this time of year. The crannog is now sticking out of the water and so is easy to find.

(I should point out that photo is taken with a VERY long lens and the crannog is around 300 metres from that shoreline in the background.)

Wednesday afternoon was a short walk with Mrs S and a couple of snaps using my new phone.

jimmy

I rode my bike for half an hour yesterday for fresh air, felt better but far from good. See how today goes.

jeffl

Went for a run yesterday morning. Only a 5k zone 3 run but the dodgy ribs hurt a lot more this morning. So think I’m going to have to bow out for this year until it’s properly healed 🙁

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Beefcake (hnnnggg) with 2*10l adblue containers filled with water, plus bodyweight stuff last night

40 mins on the turbo tonight but have eaten a lot of crackers, crisps and a garlic and chorizo scotch egg out of sheer boredom today

sirromj

Weds: 1h15m upper bodyweight strength: 5x30s chest to wall handstands, 5×10 bodyweight rows, 5×10 push ups, 3×16 knee raises on dips bars, 3x45s tucked upside down hangs on dips bars. reached very close to failure a few times.

Thurs: discovered very little left in the tank for a 45minute lunch time trials ride. was struggling with just basics. 30 minutes gentle yoga for upper body in evening.

ahsat

Hope all those with illness and injury feel better ASAP.

Wed: more Pilates. I think there might actually be signs of some stomach muscles!

Thursday: off-road commute. And a really lovely sunrise. Smug start to the working day.

Friday: home garage gym before breakfast with the programme my PT gives me. Have a feeling my legs might ache tomorrow.

Right…best get on with some work.

scotroutes

Spin on the Occam

Autumnal colours developing.

Last of this years blaeberries. Taste is quite bland and watery now, but still a treat.

Evidence of consumption

And into a nice descent.

As ahsat says, get well soon folks. Best to recover and not push on too early though.

This thread (and the weather outlook) is also inspiring me to crack on with my home gym. Weight and strength exercises are missing from my current repertoire.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fire training on thursday night, running about in the pissing rain with hoses and gas suits, brilliant.

10k around west end and city centre last night, bloody mild, the calm before COP26 storm.

It’ll be more kettlebells today, same as Colin, been missing from my routine for too long.

Good to see Mrs SR out, about and looking well sir.

jimmy

Did half an hour of Yoga last night, felt much better for it after lying about feeling like crap for the week. But still pretty ill today, so I’ll try and get a walk for some fresh air at lunch time. Itching to get back to where I felt I was feeling fit last week – always seems to come before an illness, maybe I do too much as a result.

Will be an easy weekend for sure.

onehundredthidiot

Rubbish yesterday so a bit of a cop out dog walk. Today is damp but need to get out.
    Not helped by this part of the border having a major incident raised a couple of days ago.

sirromj

30 minutes of untracked garden trials on the trials bike yesterday followed by 30m yoga. Another 45 minutes of garden trials on the trials bike this afternoon, probably do another half hour of yoga this evening. Good job I don’t have a social life errrrrr lol. I’ve kept feeling over the past week that everything has felt a little more difficult than usual and have been feeling more easily fatigued… Occurred to me today that perhaps it could it be 45 days of exercise every day…. 🙂

Was a bit concerned about grip today:

ahsat

Well this is maybe a new one for this challenge; yesterday was an afternoon for power kiting. Burnt more cals that equivalent length gym session! Great fun, especially having not flown for over 10 years!

Today, turbo session when I get home from weekend at my parents. Feeling super happy as after 49 weeks, my VO2 max on my Garmin was back to my pre Long Covid levels. Whoop.

Good weekend of exercise.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Wee 5k with the wife this morning, she’s really been struggling at work recently, her ward is **** mental, was great to get some colour in her cheeks again.

Then at 5ish, the light looked lovely over the beach, so I popped out and had another wee chilled 5k along the waters edge. Bliss.

jimmy

Just a stroll today, but also some patio digging and few random squats. 14k steps in there. Think I’m starting to feel a lot better.

scotroutes

Busy weekend with family commitments but I’ve managed to keep going.

On Friday I popped in a wee Zwift session. It felt a bit like box-ticking TBH but I’m glad I did it.

Saturday saw a wee gang of us head in to Corrour Station for lunch. It’s an easy 25km each way but in superb scenery and the restaurant is amazing.

Sunday was a walk round a very soggy Loch an Eilean with Mrs S just before the dark set in. It was quite weird to see so few folk around after such a busy Spring/Summer/Autumn. That should be the start of a wee quiet spell that normally lasts until mid-December.

The weather looks dreich for the next few days so we’ll see what that brings!

AndrewL

Liking all the photos above and good to hear what everyone is getting up to.

A definite change in the weather over the last week, started off with dry trails and fine to ride the Summer only stuff. The Peak district has liquefied rapidly after that!

Monday – afternoon ride with good light out onto some of the stuff I avoid over winter as it gets too claggy and cuts up.
    Climb to Holmesfield

Big moor

top of big moor

Tuesday – still pretty dry, a ride round Blackamoor and houndkirk

Wednesday – short run after work, super mild

Thursday – met in the evening after work to night ride with some friends, raining hard and got back to the house needing to hose myself off in the garden!

Friday – night run along Curbar and White Edge after work

Saturday – Afternoon Peak district ride after the worst of the rain

Piper House
    Blackamoor

Sunday – a walk in the woods

sirromj

Sun: another garden trials session, 4 days on the trot. Yoga in the evening.
    Mon: strength. 5x35s c2w hs, 5×10 bw row, 5×10 push up. I’m not strong so wasn’t easy.

Bloody return of a cough/cold, joy, just as I thought the last of it was over.

scotroutes

@AndrewL – absolutely loving that first photo

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Took the bairn to her maths tutor last night, walked for an hour in the pissing rain, couldn’t bring myself to do much else.

swavis

I’m definitely out, another evening where I was just too busy running about after the kids and helping a pal with bike maintenance.
    Off down to Glasgow tonight for the first of about 6 gigs this month so there’s no chance I’ll get back on track 🙂

AndrewL

@scotroutes – thank you, your and others’ very good photos have made me get back to taking a camera or at least getting the phone out a bit more. I’d really got out of the habit but I think it helps with this 100 days thing.

Good to hear what everyone else is getting up to

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 890 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Xmas’ is closed to new replies.