• This topic has 889 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by loum.
Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 890 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Xmas
  • fenlander
    Free Member

Been a tough few days workwise, so I have missed a couple of days:

Monday – did some stretching and bodyweight exercises after kids in bed, probably not quite 30 minutes
    Tue + Wed – did a few goblet squats and kettlebell swings in between zoom calls / chapters, less than 30 mins each day, but at least something
    Thurs: 10 miles on the roadbike.

Have been really missing it, should be back to doing a bit more from tomorrow.

jimmy

Yoga again today

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Thursday isn’t an easy day, nigh on 11 hours at uni, managed what turned out to be a really nice 5 mile run out the canal to the botanic Gardens and back.

Weej

swavis

I never managed out at all yesterday, just ran out of time. Off over to Gairloch for a few days this afternoon so kayaking may feature as my exercise of choice 😁

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Some proper weather this morning, about 10 degrees colder than yesterday, and a good frost in the garden.

Magic, bring on some more!.

ahsat

Walk yesterday in glorious sunshine around a very long zoom day.

Today some really great mtb in the Quantocks. First time I’ve bought a HT, and got some PRs both up and down. Maybe there is a hint of fitness there.

scotroutes

Update:

Thursday pre-sleep yoga session with Kassandra. Tried a different “beginners” exercise and struggles with a few of the poses. However, I know it’s worth persevering.

Friday was a 2 hour walk with Mrs S, taking advantage of the “up” cycle in her wellness. In the evening I headed out for a bivvy. Not far (22km) but another spot I’ve passed a few times and contemplated. Finding a pitch was only complicated by the fact there have been cattle in the area do I needed to avoid piles of shit. Lovely night though.

Saturday morning return from the bivvy. Might manage something else later.

Looking back to my campsite in the morning

That’s the first month done. Well done to everyone joining in. To those who have fallen by the wayside a little; remember that the benefits still accrue even if you’ve had to skip a bit due to illness, time, priorities etc. Keep it going and lets see what you’ve been up to. Knowing how much other folk are doing helps keep me going too.

jeffl

5k run Friday afternoon after finishing work. Was lovely and cool and an hour before sunset, so lovely to get out.

Walk with the family today in the Peak District.

One thing I am finding is that whilst this challenge is a good motivator to get out, because I’m exercising more frequently than usual the duration is shorter, so a lot more running than biking. Need to get out on the bike a bit more.

sirromj

Yesterday I got back on the balance trials bike. Still wasn’t feeling very energetic so decided to ride it to the local skatepark rather than the usual trials skill obstacle practice (aka trials) in back garden. 20 minutes to do 2.5 miles! 20 minutes at skatepark, then a bunny-hop attempt over a cut out section resulted in snakebite puncture to rear. But only a short 1.6 mile walk home. And on a sunny afternoon, along countryside footpaths, was quite pleasant.

mogrim

Short ride this morning, just a quick spin to get a bit of fresh air. There’s a longer run planned for tomorrow, hopefully get some photos to rival @scotroutes 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

4 mile run in the rain just before dinner, magic.

onehundredthidiot

Short but hard ride today with the dogs, got 3 out of 4 pbs missed the last as i stopped to pick some tasty Boletus edulis (cep, penny bun, porcini) which went into the boulangere potatoes which cooked under the roasted lamb shoulder with anchovies for tonight’s dinner.

fenlander
    Free Member

Back on it today with a steady 25 miles on the road bike to loosen up the legs. Some kettlebell squats and swings in the evening.

jimmy

Went climbing at Ratho EICA today. Have only been sporadically in the past few years and I might not have actually been on a wall for 30mins total but I’m sure going to feel it tmrow.

sirromj

Leisurely family walk in the park with kids and their grandparents this afternoon. Another yoga for climbers youtube this evening (while OH has gone out leaving me with kids)…. forgotten how difficult I find straight arm side planks, and other balance challenges. Oh and an different way to end than I’ve seen so far.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

A weekish in London has had me doing a few runs and a couple of walks as well as traipsing over the city. Culminated in the park run yesterday which was nice(ish), beers burgers and back to back runs left me off the boil a bit. Drive home today so will try to fit something in tonight.

chrisyork

We haven’t been doing this but are doing the gym version of MTB fitness, the last time my partner did it the results were impressive so I’ve joined her and already seeing a big change in bodyfat loss. Especially around the stomach area, fat burn really works!

Fully recommend it, you have to put the work in for sure and we struggle to do the riding part of it as just isn’t the time but we have a gym near us so the warmup is the run to the gym and then 45-1hr of exercises then walk back, week 7 and feeling good!

MoreCashThanDash

Managed to get a 40 mile ride in yesterday, first ride after a week of walking and YouTube yoga.

Currently taking a break after an hour and a half painting, another hour to go with the second coat. Whether that counts or not, I’m going to need 30 minutes of fresh air when it’s all finished!

jimmy

Helped a local group pull out pond weed from a swamp to restore it as a pond for 2 hours earlier. Proper hard work at times lifting years worth of matted roots up. That’ll do for me, back will be in bits tmrow.

scotroutes

I don’t recall previous years entries including so many lame excuses… 😂

scotroutes

My legs were feeling it a bit on the way back from my bivvy yesterday morning so plans to do something else yesterday were dropped.

I talked myself into trying a wee run today – just see how it took me. Keeping to an easy pace, I somehow popped in a leisurely 10km. It looked dreich but was actually very mild and humid.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Have been tapering so lots of Walking The Dog and Cycling to Town.
    Actually did the HM today and fastest I’ve covered the distance in years – not fast AT ALL, don’t get me wrong! – but a combination of parents dying and lockdown and PF and weight gain and a crumbling knee have had exactly the effect you’d expect.
    I’ve been doing strength and circuits classes and losing weight and actual training (as much as I can stand) and rested up before this event and had gels and (1 set) paracetamol during, and managed to run all the way and to speed up at the end. This may well have been my last half but at least I’m happy that it wasn’t a complete mess and I made a decent workmanlike effort on the day.

Had a “funny turn” later that afternoon but that was just a post-race BP drop and a spell of head-between-knees and then brisk walking about sorted that. Very common and this is why the ends of big races are like being the ball in a pinball machine, to keep people moving – I had been moving all day, and then I sat down for lunch and five minutes later …

ahsat

Nice one Stripey. Great work.

Don’t worry scotroutes – 32 properly logged pieces of exercise for me. Even if they include some walks and Pilates 😉

Yesterday another mtb ride. Super pleased to do two rides back-to-back and got up a couple of short steep climbs. Today a misty autumnal walk before heading back north to Yorkshire.

Garmin shows that as my highest CV volume week for over a year. Either my HR is way too high 😂 or I am actually finally getting fitter 11 months on COVID. Whoop.

Busy work week ahead – hoping for a couple of off-road commutes (given I normally get the train!), some gym and some core/Pilates work.

sandboy

I’ve been avoiding looking at the thread as reading about everything everyone has been doing would add to the depression I’m suffering as a result of having this terrible lurgy for three weeks now.
    I have tried a few road rides but it just wipes me out so I have just been doing short walks with the dogs so at least I’m getting some fresh air and a little exercise.
    I still have a chesty cough and it’s not shifting so just going to have to tough it out.

fenlander
    Free Member

Jogged junior park run with the youngest this morning, his first and he loved it. Wants to do some training before the next one so I think I am going to be on a couch to 5k.

30 minutes kettlebell and bodyweight core workout in the evening.

TBH feeling a lot better having had a (much) lighter week, intend to get a mix of rides, turbo, rower and running in this week.

mogrim

My legs were feeling it a bit on the way back from my bivvy yesterday morning so plans to do something else yesterday were dropped.

Quite 😀

Long trail run today with some of the guys and girls from my club, did just over 27km up and down and up again the tallest mountain in the region – Peñalara, 2428m high. It was pissing down on the way to the start, but thankfully stopped shortly before we set off. The humidity and a cold wind at the top weren’t ideal, but par for the course in October. Autumn in Madrid lasts at most a month so we can expect proper cold weather soon…

forest

reventon sort of

Claveles – a ridge leading to/from the top of Mt. Peñalara, which is the lump at the back of the photo:
    Cresta Claveles

me

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Magic Mogrim.

45 minute walk for me tonight, took the week off work, loads of plans, DIY requirements have **** it.

Meh.

scotroutes

@mogrim – fab.

Quite a queue in the background of that ridge shot. Being the highest hill in the region makes it popular?

sandboy

Mogrim, that looks amazing! Very envious.

mogrim

Quite a queue in the background of that ridge shot. Being the highest hill in the region makes it popular?

The people in the foreground are from my club, pissing around and taking photos 🙂

But yes: the mountain in particular does get quite popular as it’s a relatively easy hike to get to with a very clear track that takes you to the peak. This does of course mean you get the same problems as Snowdon – lots of people out in very inadequate clothing, not realising that while it may be nice and warm in the car park at the bottom, 800m higher up a completely exposed mountain the weather might not be so pleasant.

The crest (in the photo) is also fairly popular, but at the same time it’s very exposed and you need a certain amount of agility and head for heights to get across it. It probably averages one or two deaths per year, generally in spring when you get a lot of people heading up there, not realising there’s still a fair amount of ice and snow about, or fog, and underestimating the risk…

Missed a day this week. I’m off sick right now, but it’s a mental rather than physical thing. So doing this challenge has helped. This week I’ve been out on the trails on my mtb, doing lots of kettlebell workouts. And a bodyweight/stretching for a bit of a rest day. I’ve been trying to get a bit more stretching in during this as I should be skiing in a couple of weeks.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Biked to work for the first time in aaaages this morning, bloody mild morning!.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

First fail for me yesterday. Trip back from London then getting everything back in order had me going to bed rather than try to fit in some exercise. I always knew the journey down or back would be tricky. I’ve had a few days where I’ve double dunted so reckon I’ve bagged a workout or two. Don’t feel too bad about it ultimately.

Back on Zwift today, tried to finish off the academy but made an error in picking the group ride, then tried my first race, felt lousy but ground it out. Probably try to finish the academy stuff tomorrow.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ya fanny.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Should you no be working rather than castin aspersions.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yes.

AndrewL

Good to hear what everyone’s been up to.

Failed to get good photos this week, feeling a bit tired as well and might take it easy for next week, this will also give Hector the cat a rest on strava – I think he’s been wearing out his paws too.

Mon – local ride on commute bike, some bits in the woods
    Tues – run in the rain
    Wed – rode home off road from work via Hassop, Baslow edge, Big moor, Totley moos, Blackamoor and Ecclesall woods
    bakewell to Hassop

Thurs – unavoidable return to work this time on the road
    Fri – bit of a ride after work, misjudged temp – was a lovely sunny day but was down to about 5 degrees when I got out and also managed to break softshell jacket zip in a comedy fashion – obviously the 100 days exercise is working well……
    Wardlow view

Sat – worked in the morning and got out for a mountain bike ride in the late afternoon – Holmesfield, Big moor, Totley moss. Night ride later to the pub and back.

Sun – bit of a local run

sirromj

Sunday: out on the trials bike with my boy on his pedal bike for just over an hour. He seems to be going through a phase where he wants to go out riding but when we’re out is constantly stopping and saying he’s tired after a short distance. Perfect opportunity for me to practice weak-foot-forward trackstands. Then later that day probably another good 45 minutes riding in circles around the car park, with the other boy on his balance bike, yet more trackstand and other low speed drills.

Monday: decided enough of the lighter side of exercising due to a cold, over the worst of it so time for a run – 5 miles during lunch break.

jimmy

Walked around the zoo for 4 hours 11k steps but in case that’s too lame ( @scotroutes ) I did 30 mins of HIIT when I got home! 🙂

Just some bodyweight exercises last night before bed.
    Oh and 600!

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 890 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Xmas’ is closed to new replies.