• This topic has 889 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by loum.
Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 890 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Xmas
  • swavis

I also missed yesterday, busy day at work whilst not feeling great then promised a mate I’d help with converting his bike to 12speed yesterday evening. I did start 5 days early so think I’ll allow myself one day off.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pretty lazy one yesterday, hour walk wi the wife, felt cold and tired after blood donation, so easy one it was.

Braw night for it.

braw

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

Nice place for a walk!
    Yoga and physio last night for me and mtb fitness metcon circuits tonight. Doing a big event at weekend has taken it out of me! Back on the bike tomorrow

scotroutes

Today was looking like a repeat of yesterday. I had a chilled, easy walk with the wife for a bit of lunch, then I waited all afternoon for a break in the driech conditions so I could go for a run. It didn’t look like it was going to clear and I was even contemplating waiting until it was dark as at least you can’t then see the shitty weather. However, I manned up, put on hat and gloves and managed a run just as it was dusk. It felt good to be outside rather than on Zwift again and it was a reminder of how it felt to run when the weather is less clement. I even felt that my one yoga session earlier this week had helped.

Shitty ISO setting also lies about how dark it was 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My favourite time of year for running, that lovely gloamin around teatime.

Wee 4 mile social run with a mate today, good chat. Then a BLT n chips, magic.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Weights and bodyweight stuff tonight, tomorrow could be a struggle on a training course and then straight into my week to help at Cubs. Mebbe get the turbo out (shivers).

onehundredthidiot

Yesterday was a bloody wet and cold 8km run. But in the hills with rainbows and 5 deer. Dogs decided to only chase pheasants though.
    Today was a 40min tempo ride.

keefezza
    Free Member

One week after the bike park Wales fall and my neck still hurts but not stopping me exercising now. Did some very slow and lazy walks last week to get some form of movement in. Friday walked my youngest to school and ended up getting a bit wet and having to run a mile home as the plumber arrived earlier than I thought.
    Started back on bodyweight workouts Saturday and Sunday again, walk for 90 mins ish yesterday and just done an hour of beginner calisthenics.
    One thing I forever seem to struggle with is physically gaining any strength. I’m hoping that this method of keeping me focused might for once have an impact.

As for drumming half hour every day, well and truly out the window, probably missed a week so far in total irritatingly. But I’ve still had more focussed practise than I normally do so that’s a positive to take out of it.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

A few hours pootling about on the canal in my new inflatable kayak. I am still managing to get in and out and portage, though it’s not pretty – often I end up lying prone on the bank, but “not in canal” is always a win!

oar tree canal
    club run this evening

mogrim

Turbo session at lunchtime, could probably have got out for 45min on the road bike but I’m pretty sure doing intervals indoors is better exercise and of course there’s no risk of getting a puncture and getting back late to work.

Proper swim tomorrow for the first time since June, could be interesting 🙂

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Reader, I got through that tree!

MoreCashThanDash

Back on it today, fitted half an hour with Kassandra in between work and a Scout exec meeting

sirromj

Morning commute usual 5 miles. 50 minute lunch ride inc. bike shop and chip shop stops. Very windy returning to office. Mixed road/off road commute home, legs felt tired, overdressed in uneeded waterproofs and overtaken by someone on a gravel bike which was nice – rare to see other riders off road around here. Felt like I needed more Yoga, did a couple of 30m Beginner yoga with Kassandra. Much better than yesterdays, but still frustrating when she does the option for the super flexy people rather than showing the option for the rest of us.

jeffl

Still feeling rubbish, was off work today and just spent time chilling. Realised that I didn’t fancy going out in the wind and the rain with my dodgy chest so did some strength and stretching, using resistance bands and YouTube for half an hour. Quite enjoyed it and will probably fit in a session or two a week.

scotroutes

still frustrating when she does the option for the super flexy people rather than showing the option for the rest of us.

Reclining pigeon? Yeah – I LOL

swavis

Well I’m back on track, out for 90mins last night. I was quite prepared to set my jaw and just head out into the filth but by the time the wife arrived home at 8:15 the rain had stopped and the wind abated a little. It actually ended up rather nice out. Still feeling a bit of lurgy, but I felt better for being out in the fresh air.

ahsat

Pilates for me last night. I feel like a few quiet slow day is helping – feeling a bit less run down.

jimmy

Just went for a stroll last night to get the 10k steps in, no time for anything else as I’m on a course this week with no lunch break. Beaut of a day today, gonna admire it from my desk.

scotroutes

Day 21 – started off nice and just got better.

Took the #gradventourer over the Burma Road for the first time. I missed not having lower gears of the MTBs.

I’d have stayed out longer but had to get back to cook dinner for Mrs S.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Christ, that’s a horrible climb on a 50t 😅

Kettlebells brutality today, really enjoying it though.

iwluap

Getting frustrating now, had a cold that I can’t seem to shift since the challenge started. I’ve purposely left the house to do something every day but that has been mostly dog walks. I miss getting the HR up and doing something longer, running in the hills or out on the bike. Just trying to shift this first rather then pushing it and setting myself back. Almost miss lockdown, didn’t get a single cold last year…

Great to read about everyone’s efforts. Hope to have something meaningful to report soon!

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Busy day today, walked the dog, cycled nigh on 30 miles, then went to back-to-back fitness & weights classes.
    I do think I’m getting fitter, I could do bicep curls with the next weight up and when I started the final class I was more mentally tired than physically.
    This is REALLY welcome as recently I’ve been feeling that age has come got me and that training just slows the decline rather than triggering some actual improvement. Apparently all is not lost!

jeffl

Felt better today and was dog sitting, so took the dog out for a half hour run. Think he quite enjoyed it as he’s only ever walked, never run, if that makes sense.

Was good to get out.

MoreCashThanDash

Got a 30 minute walk in while daughter had a music lesson, and bumped into friends I’ve probably not spoken to for a year or so. Which was nice, there aren’t many people left who don’t know my eldest has just started uni at Cambridge 😎

fenlander
    Free Member

Well done all, I’m enjoying the pics and stories.

Not as adventurous as many on here, but still on track:
    Day 19 (Monday) – busy day, managed to fit in 30 minutes on the rower
    Day 20 (Tuesday) – forced myself to do 40 minutes on the rower, late after parent’s evening
    Day 21 (Wednesday) – 25 minutes intervals on rower in lunch break, 20 mile road loop after work

The easier day on Sunday definately helped, feeling fitter already.

3 weeks in…

jimmy

Struggling for time again today, but sun was out and the diary clear so rode up Castlelaw at 330 then came back to finish work. Boss approved, I’m lucky.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Zwift Monday and Zwift Tuesday, had planned another tonight but knackeredness and hunger got the better of me. Nearly never bothered but squeezed in a half hour yoga YouTube and feel the better for it. Mind you I’m still as flexible as a dead plank.

scotroutes

Christ, that’s a horrible climb on a 50t 😅

I’m googling 46/30 cranksets. 🙂

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

This challenge has come at such a good time for me.

Normally by the end of September I’m pretty bike fit, but start to lack motivation to ride mountain bikes three or four times a week as conditions get worse. I lose a load of bike fitness and make idle promises to do other types of exercise, and strengthen upper body and core. This NEVER happens.

I have dusted off my kettle bells and done the onnit academy beginner circuit twice most weeks. MTB maybe twice a week. Yoga with Adrienne or the pinkbike series from a while back. If I’m tired I just go for a walk after dinner.

A lingering cold made it harder but its better now. I’m starting to notice more strength already.

I reactivated zwift membership and need to do an ftp test. Maybe I’ll find my running shoes again, but the DOMS is always really bad initially and I’m worried about injuring myself.

Thanks to all of you for the motivation and good luck everyone for the rest of the year.

sirromj

Last of the commutes for this week today. Went to go for a walk at lunch time but decided to go for a run instead, wearing 5ten free riders. Didn’t record it, but Garmin Move IQ tells me I ran for 30 minutes. And 30 minutes of Runner’s Yoga – Yoga With Adriene this evening.

sirromj

but the DOMS is always really bad initially and I’m worried about injuring myself.

It’s well worth it! Being worried about injury is no bad thing. Usual advice is to listen to your body and take it easy to begin with especially if you have good fitness from cycling. See the running thread here. I got shin splints when I first started, but really glad I stuck with it (running that is, not running with shin splints) and got past it.

swavis

Another 90 mins last night around the local tracks and I’ve got the day off today so the wife and I are gonna head down to Aviemore and do the Loch Eanaich out and back. Pic’s later 👌🏻

mogrim

Short run at lunchtime yesterday, then swim in the evening. First proper swim since June, and I can certainly feel it today 🙂

Another run later, might go to the gym at midday. Or do a Sufferfest video. Not sure.

scotroutes

@swavis – it’s been a bit wet overnight but water levels are still low. You’ll get wet on the low path back out, but isn’t that part of the fun?

swavis

@scotroutes absolutely 👍🏻😁
    There was still sections of dry trail last night around here, even after all the rain on Tuesday.

ahsat

I’m en route to London to the Lael Wilcox thing – with my bike. So it’s going to be an odd 30 mins central London cycle! And given this is something I’ve never done before, I’m definitely counting it!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

After three early shifts I’m at an age where I wake up at 5am whether I need to or not. Used this to go out a run and get today’s session in.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Took my running gear into Glasgow for a post uni run, got stripped back of van. Nae shorts. Bastard.

30 min yoga class. The wooden man indeed.

sirromj

trials bike at lunch time for 40 minutes. rear wheel control. no height, no risk. small calm hops light on the bike. small obstacles. in the evening, around 3/4 hour in various hold and hang positions, upside down & right way up – but nothing too strenuous. only had a dips bar so a bit limited, need a pull up bar.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Managed a couple of hours on the bike along the river.A little bit of dirt jump thrown in at the end.I must branch out from walking,cycling and weights.Also,I need to somehow improve my weather dependant motivation.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 890 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Xmas’ is closed to new replies.