Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 1,056 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas
  • Twodogs

This is Randal

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

hi, sorry, wrong thread perhaps, is there a fatclub this year?

scotroutes

Not for anyone on here, obviously 😉

scotroutes

Day 74. Had my double vaccination this morning and a few minor after effects so wasn’t sure what I’d be able to get up to today. However, one of the guys from the running club suggested an early evening run so ended up with a fast (for me) 10km through the forest and past Loch an Eilean in time to catch the moon-set.

scotroutes

Day 75 – an indication of the change this challenge is having on me. Despite a decent weather window I decided that some weights and yoga would benefit me more than another ride, so it was 30 minutes of each.

Day 76 – as a rainy weather front is coming in I thought I’d best head outdoors for a ride. 45 km Ryvoan loop with lunch at Nethy Bridge.

It must be Winter. The pogies are on. (It was minus 3c when I left home)

The weather front approaches.

AndrewL

Lovely photos, you have however commandeered the sunny weather again!

Murky in the Peak District

devil's elbow

AndrewL

Hope everyone is ok. Weather here has still be cold and grey but today a bit more broken up. Set off for an afternoon ride that changed to a night ride.

Headed up through Blacka Moor
    a lovely tree

Then onto houndkirk

houndkirk

Off past the top of Burbage
    top of burbage

On to Stanage

top of stanage

Working tomorrow but may get a chance to do something in the afternoon.

scotroutes

Nice. Particularly liking that 2nd photo.

Yesterday I’d borrowed some Garmin Rally power meter pedals to “calibrate” my wee turbo trainer so I spent some time on Zwift playing around with those. Looks like the turbo is pretty accurate at lower inputs but struggles with higher, sprint levels of power. I’m not sure that I’m bothered enough to do something about it.

Today was a visit to Loch Garten for a quick dip. Nice turnout. Air temp 7c, water 4.8c. I was in the water for about 6 minutes.

When we got home I headed out for a relaxed 5km run. No photos as it was dark 🙂

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Struggling badly this week.Mainly walking stretching and yoga.Cold,dark and constant tupperware skies can go do one.Anybody else feel like there walking through Treacle to the finishing line?I’ve let the side down, so MTFU will start tomorrow.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Also,anybody know how @stanley is doing?

AndrewL

Hope Stanley is ok. It’s been difficult with the damp grey days. I don’t think anyone has let the side down. Just getting out and getting some fresh air when we get the chance, or a bit of a workout inside is all good.

I’m not managing any kind of hypothermic antics like scotroutes, I am impressed by your cold tolerance!

ayjaydoubleyou

Slight incremental improvement!
    FTP test last night, improved by 9.

soobalias
    Free Member

well november was pretty tough, looking back i think ive dropped 9 days now through a combination of excuses, woke up this morning with a cold, so it will just be some yoga/recovery stuff this weekend

thanks for the pics on here and the group on strava which are helping keep me motivated..

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yes,I wish I new how to load videos and images on here.Anyway,a really nice 90 minute hike along the Tees and some exercises.Not much wildlife on show….guess there trying to keep warm.

blitz

Still going ok here. Overall I’ve missed 3 days since the start. Just squeezed a Zwift in before heading to Dundee for our works Xmas do. Have a fairly clear day tomorrow so will get outside at some point on the bike.

mogrim

Sort of missed one day so far, I was in Amsterdam and doing touristy stuff but it was raining and TBH we didn’t do enough walking for it to really count. But apart from that, still going with lots of running and a bit less cycling.

fazzini

Well I’ve missed several days so far, but I’ve decided I’m just going to keep going after the 100 days is up! Made it out on the bike just locally the last 2 mornings and even managed to miss the rain on both days. Amazing sky this morning 😁

stanley

Hi @monkeycmonkeydo @AndrewL and everyone,

Still here… just!
    I’m about halfway through my 4th chemo cycle. Finding it pretty tough tbh. Very tired all the time, back pain, sore fingertips, bla, bla, etc.
    I seem to have only about 4 hours of energy on most days but I am still trying to get out as often as possible (probably 4 out of 5 days on average). I’ve done a few short walks, used the ebike loads and even managed a few rides on a proper bike.

I’m going to arrive at Christmas in a worse physical state than 100 days beforehand, but I’ll certainly be in much better shape than if I’d stayed on the sofa! I’ve got lots of nice new kit too… and some plans for next year 🙂

My mini-goal for this coming week is to get my old Solaris back together and then join the ride out from Cotic Cycles HQ this Friday.. easy group of course!

scotroutes

@stanley – great to hear you’re working through it!

Day 79 – a couple of hours on Strava doing the short Fondo route. Just like IRL it was great having a few “hares” to push me a bit harder.

Day 80 – Global Fatbike Day!!!

Frosty start near Alness but I managed to catch some hair frost, which I’ve only seen once previously.

Proof it’s not always dry and sunny!

Looking towards lunch

Merry Christmas!

Where’d everybody go?

Nice boathouse

He’s so fast!!!

AndrewL

Glad you are getting out @stanley – that’s definitely a good effort.

I like the bike helmet Christmas tree @scotroutes and the leaf @fazzini

I got out after work yesterday for a ride near tideswell, but it was cold and grey so didn’t get any photos.

Slow trot around in the dark today.

Fingers crossed for some frosty blue sky days later on this week.

scotroutes

Day 81 – feels like the end is fast approaching now.

9:30 swim in Loch Vaa. Just caught the first rays of sun of a frosty morning. Air temp -1C, water temp +3.9C.

With a lot of low-level mist hanging around I thought I’d take the drone up the Ord Ban for some aerial photography.

30 seconds after I arrived at the summit, the mist/cloud rolled in and I saw nothing, so I walked back down to Loch An Eilean for a couple of fly-bys of the castle.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

@sotroutes+harem!I think that pickaxe will be making an appearance soon.

scotroutes

Day 82. Tomorrows forecast is either for some lovely snow – in which case I hope to be out with the fatbike or (more likely) cold, wet and windy – in which case I’ll probably stay at home and use the gym. That being the case I thought I’d better get a run in today so did 11km down from Badaguish to home. I managed to set another season PB for the 10km but it’s a bit of a cheat as the route is predominantly downhill.

No scenery shots today so have one of my grizzly fizzog instead.

#Archiesays

Updates are getting a bit scarce now. I hope there’s a few more lurking and just not posting 🙂

AndrewL

Hoping for frozen ground and blue skies here over the next few days. A dusting of light snow for aesthetic purposes would be acceptable too.

Got out this afternoon, probably should have put more layers on as it was pretty chilly

burbage

reluctantjumper

Updates are getting a bit scarce now. I hope there’s a few more lurking and just not posting 🙂

I’m struggling to keep the momentum going purely due to work and family taking up most of my time. Only managed 3 days last week and have yet to do anything this week so far too.

Enjoying the updates from everyone else though especially @stanley, makes me feel very inadequate though!

ayjaydoubleyou

Still got the streak going, just not very interesting to be posting about.
    Club night ride tonight though, actual bikes in the woods.

sandboy

@stanley, great to read that you’re still on it!
    I’ve had a bit of a break from riding since the football started and now can’t wait to get out for a ride tonight. I have been doing weights every day for half an hour alternating between upper and lower body each day and in two weeks feel much stronger. It’s something I’m going to continue through into the new year.
    Great pics @scotroutes, the end is very much in sight.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Sat in Smackton library after a trip along the Tees.Freezing but fun with a bit of dirt jump/skills thrown in at the end.I think the ride home will be bracing.

stanley

Thanks again for the positive comments 🙂

Over 50km and 900 metres on the emtb today. Below zero degrees for most of the ride. Beautiful blue skies and sunshine. Took 30 minutes in a very hot shower to thaw out afterwards!

scotroutes

Overnight snow didn’t amount to much (though it’s trying now). However, it was enough for a thin covering on the beach at Loch Morlich

Usual arsing around on the beach…

Things getting serious …

Where’s my dryrobe??

Followed that up later with an hour or so on Zwift and some weights in the gym.

Maybe fatbike tomorrow??

blitz

Still going here. Bit of Zwift mixed up with other bits and pieces. Had a day off on Monday so went to Comrie Croft which was great. Bit of snow on the tops.

Tonight had a night ride in amazing conditions. Trails dry and frosty with crisp still air and flooded with moonlight. Amazing.

scotroutes

Beautiful. That looks like Xmas lights in the last photo!

scotroutes

Day 84 – no snowmaggedon!

The forecast snow event didn’t really happen but I was determined to get out and enjoy what little there was.

Not much at lower levels.

Some more coming in as I headed up to Loch Morlich

Trees loaded up a bit with wet snow.

Ryvoan Bothy and my turn-around point before heading back to Cobbs for coffee and scone!

As an aside, on todays ride I surpassed my total annual distance for every year other than 2019 – currently 7,281km.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Starting a new job has knackered this week for me but lunchtime finish on fridays so going to do a 2hr run (with probably a not insignificant walking component)

Well done all who are still on it. Apart from Scotroutes, who makes me sick. 😜

AndrewL

Popped out after work. Hovering around freezing. Lovely full moon and rode the top field above Blacka Moor by moonlight.

My phone camera is not great generally but rubbish in the dark.

Lots of good photos above.

moon over Blacka moor

reluctantjumper

Actually managed to get in a 45 minute session on Zwift with a pace partner this evening! First chance for nearly a week. Hoping to get a proper ride in this weekend, don’t care if it’s cold I just want to get out there and pedal.

AndrewL

Not full of beans today, but really wanted to get out as the weather was lovely and back in work tomorrow.
    Slow ride with lots of stops .

Up to Holmesfield
    holmesfield climb

Up Johnnygate
    Johnnygate

Obviously stopped for a swim in a Scotroutes style! Lovely and warm…… (may not have actually done this)
    barbrook

Over Big Moor
    Big Moor

Totley Moss and the descent from the big cairn
    Totely Moss cairn

Hope everyone else well and weather has been similarly kind near you.

scotroutes

A wee bit more overnight snow and it was -2C this morning when we turned up at Loch Vaa

Beautifully calm and serene at 9am

Didn’t quite need the ice axe.

Followed that up this afternoon with 30 mins on Zwift and an hour of Yoga with Kassandra.

scotroutes

Oops. I meant to ad this one of me and Mrs S. She was doing “dip a day” during November for a charity but extended it due to illness. It was her final day today.

sandboy

Day 100 for me! I started on 1st of September and will continue my routine now till Christmas.
    Went out on the single speed around the local woods for a couple of hours this afternoon. Absolutely freezing!!
    Now glowing in front of the fire with the football.

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 1,056 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Christmas’ is closed to new replies.