Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,056 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas
  • keefezza
    Free Member

Day 59 – pull-up bar out and an hour’s exercise based on that and some body weight stuff.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Apparently,most people over the age of 50, struggle to walk for just 20 minutes.Can this possibly be true.It looks that way round here.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Feel like I’ve been a bit on the cusp of not really meeting the bruef this year. This weekend I’ll have to count three hours of fly fishing and a family walk along Coniston lakeshore but been for a run this lunchtime so am at least “proper” today, will try and up the ante a bit this week so not relying on grey areas.

I did catch this little rascal on Saturday though 🙂
    (Blurry pic as wanted to get him back in quick)

scotroutes

Day 60 and a bit of a balls-up.

After yesterdays ride, Garmin was exhorting me to take an easy day but also that I was short of Low Aerobic activity. So, I headed onto Zwift for an hour at Z2 this morning. So far so good.

Later on, Mrs S, bored from being confined to the house with a cold, decided we were going for a walk. So, we headed up to Loch Morlich for a casual 5km. Not too bad.

Then, one of the guys from the running club decided he needed to shake his legs out a bit having done a 50km run on Saturday. A nice, slow pace he said. That turned into a 7km/42min run round the forest from Coylumbridge. Definitely not what Dr Garmin ordered!!

blitz

Still going pretty well here. Friday Zwift race. Saturday an hours MTB with Mrs Blitz and then Sunday morning another solo hour on the MTB with a walk around St Andrews with the family in the afternoon. This evening just done another Zwift race.

Feels like a good time to summarise my experience so far. I’ve found it generally ok to fit the exercise in. Missed 2 days overall, both through unforeseen issues that made it tricky rather than just not being arsed, so pleased with that.

I’m definitely feeling fitter. I started on Zwift racing cat D and was pretty quickly top end of that category and bumped up to C. I struggled a bit initially in C but more recently I’m starting to be able to keep pace better and the last few races I’m generally able to stay near to the lead pack and end up finishing top 25/30%. My FTP has gone up from around 220 to 270.

My main issue is I’m just perma-hungry and snacking too much! I’ve lost no weight at all. In fact I put weight on on holiday last month (all inclusive) and have not quite got all of that increase off yet so probably a pound or two heavier than at the start. I need to keep the exercise going but have more self control with food as I’m not where I need to be weight wise. Overall though things are moving slowly in the right direction.

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 60 – walked to a mates instead of driving. Pretty inactive day but needed a bit of that.

sandboy

Three days of weights last week, a couple of easy days and back on the bike over the weekend.
    Last night I really didn’t feel like it but forced myself out the door for an hour on the road bike. Definitely worth the effort and definitely wouldn’t have done if not for this challenge.
    Weather forecast for this week is going to be a challenge in itself!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

80 minutes at the outdoor gym and a two hour walk.I feel surprisingly strong today.I guess the challenge is working. Everybody’s input has been invaluable in keeping me going.Thanks.

scotroutes

Day 61 – back in the water.

Loch Garten was a bit wild and windy this morning.

Usual tentative entrance

Bouncing in the waves

Ready to get warmed up now.

Another calming yoga session this evening.

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 61 – swimming (indoor heating pool because I’m not a hero/lunatic). Did 22 lengths, as an incompetent swimmer I’ve never really bothered to do any over the years but Mrs Fezza has learned to swim in recent years and I’m enjoying these sessions with her. Today the 22 lengths were done 2 at a time instead of the usual 1 at a time, trying to push my endurance.

Next week I go for 30 lengths.

mogrim

Still plugging away here, although Friday was a semi-fail. We’ve been redoing the kitchen, and I spent Friday afternoon moving stuff around. Not exactly exercise, but I certainly wasn’t sitting on the sofa. Saturday was a shortish run, Sunday a shortish bike ride, Monday gym (for the first time in about 6 weeks), and today was 10x400m at the track.

And a couple of photos from Saturday:

fazzini

Well, I’m half way through a ‘full’ week of commuting on the bike. If I manage it, it will be the first time since pre-covid office days back in 2020. Not that I have an exciting commute, but it gets me on the pedal-machine so not all bad 😂

pondo

I’m falling a long way short, but still… 🙂 Still aiming for 30 minutes a day, joined Slimming World at the start of November, finding it pretty easy to stick to and have lost 10 pounds so far. 🙂 Exercise-wise, as I mostly WFH I’d started going for a fat-burny low intensity walk before work, building up to six miles, then doing something at lunch (short run/bodyweight strength/hit the heavy bag type things) – all was going swimmingly until Friday when I had a bit of discomfort in my lower right leg finishing the walk, which evolved into “pretty bloody painful” on running at lunch. It’s the muscle on the front of my shin, that lifts the front of the foot up – is that shin splints? Been pretty painful and put the kybosh on my over-enthusiastic campaign, started going swimming instead and I cycled to work yesterday, which was great – felt so easy compared to my last non-e-bike assisted ride, don’t know if that’s weightloss, improved fitness, or just that, after walking, cycling feels so quick! A bit of all three, maybe. 🙂

Really annoyed with the shin-ouch but que sera, and all that – not easy to rest it completely but doing my best, and looking forward to (gently!) starting walking and running again. 🙂

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

50 minutes of “Seniors Chair exercises with Sharon”😀.Excellent stuff, for old timers like @scotroutes and I.Could feel my damaged achilles once or twice mind.Keep going everybody.

stanley

Still plodding on.
    Lots of ebike rides, although today I enjoyed a ride on my non-ebike, old-faithful, Salsa Vaya.
    Great stuff 🙂

blitz

Zwift tonight. Handful of gravel ride. Awful course with 3 laps of a boring loop with one big climb and one decent. Still, 50 mins ticked off.

scotroutes

No armchair exercises for me!!

Rode up to Ryvoan to play around with the drone. It was a bit too windy really and I eventually had to abort as the wee machine was struggling. I got a couple of photos and some short video though.

I rode back past Loch Morlich just after the sun had set too.

Bloody chilly on the way home mind. Garmin says 4C but it felt colder than that due to the self-induced windchill.

fazzini

I rode back past Loch Morlich just after the sun had set too.

There’s always one who has to show off
    😜😜😜 (I’m just jealous really but when that lottery win comes in… 😂)

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I wonder if next year you’ll be taking photos from space.It seems to be your direction of travel!

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 62 – a little extra walking compared to normal. Busy evening tonight and again tomorrow but I will endeavour to get something useful done

reluctantjumper

Had today off work so went to Afan for a proper ride. Sadly most of Y Wal is closed and they’ve completely forgotten to put any notices up at the centre! So two laps of Blue Scar it was as I was running out of time to do a lap of Penhydd.

jodafett

Day 62 – and I have a confession to make! I’ve missed about 17 days so far but back on track now. Work knackered things up for me through October. Mostly Zwift still, but managed a 100km ride in the real world on Saturday and 50 on Sunday. I will, in no way claim I’ve even got close to the 100 days but going to try and stay in the rhythm of this. Well done to all that have stuck to it better than I have!

mogrim

Gym yesterday, I’ve been for a damp run with the dog this morning and have another run planned for this evening. But I can see it all going horribly wrong this weekend as I’m off to Amsterdam with wife, and we’re meeting our daughters there… and the forecast is very grim. I suppose I’ll probably be walking a fair amount, that might have to do.

pondo

Did some body- and light weights stuff yesterday, then drove myself into the ground using the heavy bag for twenty minutes. 30 minute swim this morning – arms and shoulders are not happy. 🙁

fazzini

Well, I’m half way through a ‘full’ week of commuting on the bike. If I manage it, it will be the first time since pre-covid office days back in 2020.

I failed in my bid. I lost my nerve completely when I saw the rain this morning and the forecast for later. Given the weather and the state of some drivers driving, having been nearly wiped out by 2 cars in the rain last night going home, I decided it wasn’t worth the risk. Still a bit shaken by it tbh. Then driving in this morning, in the rain, had a driver sat on my back bumper nearly all the way. What is wrong with people?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Walk the dogs 30mins per day. Sometimes twice a day so i normally tick the box for this. Been doing a weights for the last 3 months 3 days per week too. Up until recently i lost 11kg in weight but it stalled which i was a bit gutted about.

Well this week i changed my weights to a 3 on 1 off cycle of PPL and wow, its hard but really fun. Bonus, my weight has started to reduce again.

Legs last night so i am walking funny today.

scotroutes

An hour and a half on Zwift – mostly Zone 2.

reluctantjumper

Did a Tour of Makuri on Zwift, Neon Flats course so 20 mins of flat-out pedalling followed by a cool-down. Think I chose the time slot with all the fast riders as I was at max HR for a lot of it just keeping up with the ‘slow’ riders!

mogrim

5x1km intervals at the track tonight. Negative splits, all very pro 🙂

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 63 – legs focused bodyweight workout last night. Planning some drumming and a prance around on the pull-up bar this morning.

Hoping for a skatepark trip and bike ride over the weekend!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Got a couple of runs in this week and weights session last night, tuesday was just bike commute and lunch walk so a bit light but did an hours walk with the wife yesterday lunchtime so double bubble. Was nice just having an hour with the missus without dragging the kids along too. Not sure about today, WFH so should be a run but fancy a change, need to use lunch to get out in daylight but to do what?…hmmmmm

keefezza
    Free Member

Getting out to do anything is good for the soul, what did you do?

Day 64 – 45 mins ish workout via an app using the pull-up bar. Also spent about 3 hours painting the kitchen today so productive too!

scotroutes

Half hour yoga session with Kassandra this evening. Gotta keep those old joints from stiffening up.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Couple of hours jaunt along the Tees.Bit cool but no wind,so quiet enjoyable.Could have done with my batteries not packing up.Good thing I ate plenty of carrots as a child.

scotroutes

Mrs S was heading off to Lewis this morning, therefore necessitating a very early dip so we were in Loch Vaa at 6:30 🙂

It was beautifully calm and almost impossible to actually see the water surface until you made a ripple in it.

It was markedly brighter as we left, though we still needed torches to find our way back to the cars.

Followed that up with some Zwift this afternoon, exploring more of the new Makuri extension.

reluctantjumper

So jealous, don’t get views like that early on in the city!

Just a longish walk with my mum’s dog today, was going to go out for a ride this morning but the sounds of scrapers on windscreens when I woke up meant I stayed under the duvet for a few more hours.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Friday ended up with a walk up the fell behind the house, its a stiff pull so definitely counts! Today bombed out completely. Just busy. Kid ferrying, hen house building, turf laying, theatre going busy. Bike ride tomorrow though fo’ shizzle.

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 65 – managed to get to rampworx with my boys for a few hours Saturday afternoon. Need to get out more often, very slow to loosen up but managing to get some old stuff back every time I’m out.

Not sure what today will entail, probably going to be a focus on house decorating/cleaning so we can flog it.

fazzini

After 3 days of crap weather, work, inactivity (thanks Dr Depression 😡) I actually got out this morning. It was cold. Felt like hard work. Didn’t go far, but it felt really good. At this rate, I’ll be completing my 100 days next summer 😳😂

scotroutes

Day 65. Some snow on the mountains overnight so I thought I’d best dust off the fatbike in preparation for “proper” Winter.

35km round Rothiemurchus and Glenmore again. A bit wet on the trails and the air definitely feeling a bit fresher than of late.

Heading towards Lurchers Crag and the Lairig Ghru

Lochan nan Geadas (geadas = pike). A view that only recently opened up as they’ve been harvesting the timber.

Crossing the Allt Mor

And who can resist a couple of shots of Loch Morlich?

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,056 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Christmas’ is closed to new replies.