Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,056 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas
  • walowiz

Day 53, turbo session using wahoo systm app 28.3 km in 60 minutes.

Likewise the turbo setup has been invaluable in staying on track through this.

Also walked the dog for 1/2 hour & then did the blasted bloody physio exercises for 15 minutes. Neither of which I was interested in, or wanted to do.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Hungover trundle in to town to collect the car yesterday followed by a dank and brooding walk round grizedale with the fam.

Was lying on the bed before, seriously considrring sacking it off but made myself get up and do 45 mins on the weights. Bloody wide awake now!.

walowiz

Day 54, very early doors swim – 2.2 km in 48 minutes. Overall pace about 10s per 100m fast than normal. But I felt quicker this morning, despite exercising every day for approaching two months.
    Quick look at the metrics recorded by garmin and ok, 500m of this swim was at 1m 45s pace, not olympic standard or remotely “fast”, but much quicker than I have been going.

This kind of goes against the widely held belief that you should have frequent genuine rest days in-between training days. Now I know I’m on the road back to fitness and all that, but I’m still surprised. I’ll take the win though.

Very atmospheric pic @thestabiliser

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m still at it – not done as well as previous years but I’m plugging away. I’ve done a bit of yoga because my body seems to need it but I’ve ridden my bike a decent amount too.

It seems a lot wetter than previous years. It’s good in a motivational sense but do we think we’ll ever get frosty clear winter days again now the climate’s wrecked?

Plenty of Edinburgh gravel-

Spent a weekend tearing about on our old tandem for our wedding anniversary, pedalling from social engagement to social engagement for 20 miles. Included some spicy moments with a failed cotter pin.

Some nice sun in amongst the rain clouds on the edge of Edinburgh-

7.5 mile round trip to get some Georgian food when I should have driven-

Several very, very wet days riding in the Lakes-

mogrim

A severe lack of photos here from the last couple of days, but I’m still in it. There have been a couple of days where I’ve been doing 30min recovery rides, but as I’d almost certainly have just taken the day off I’m counting them. Otherwise it was a 60km road ride on Saturday, and a tough 32km trail race on Sunday. First time I’ve had a bib number on since July and it was great 🙂

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

30 minutes of stretching, yoga and weights in the backyard.It seems I need 2/3 easier days a week.Mind,with my achilles issues, that’s probably a good thing.
    Out on the bike tomorrow.Hope @stanley is OK.

scotroutes

The day started off badly. I’d planned a ride from Rhynie to Dufftown and back – for the magazine I write for. However, the road was closed at a bridge and they were pouring concrete today so other plans had to be made. As a result, we did two wee loops from Rhynie – one to the Cabrach and one to the Suie. That’s 730m of climbing for 43km of cycling.

This evening I joined Mrs S for her dip-a-day. We’d been planning a moonlight swim for a while and it all came together tonight. Full moon, calm, not too cold (air 8.5, water 7.3)

stanley

Thanks @monkeycmonkeydo,
    It’s been a tough few days following the chemo last Thursday. This is always the hardest week.
    I have managed to do something every day though… Quite a few ebike rides and easy walks in the Peak. Going out for “picnics” has been great for my motivation!

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 54 – squeezed in a session of my calisthenics app workout on the pull up bar. I should stop calling it calisthenics cos it’s really just bodyweight workouts until I become strong enough to actually pick myself up. Started on the next level of difficulty and not too bad, don’t want to push my luck though as my wrist is still recovering.

I can also sense frustration kicking in now, as per previous attempts at this. This is normally down to putting these sessions of exercises before doing anything very hobby specific i.e. drumming. I simply don’t have enough time to do both most days. Maybe I need to find a way to do a more physical drum workout to get my cardio improving alongside the drumming.

scotroutes

@stanley – Mrs S was going through chemo last year and also had tougher weeks. Like you, she felt it was important not to “give in” to it so tried to do a little exercise most days, even if that was just a very short walk. Just getting outside for fresh air was a huge lift for her.

walowiz

Day 55, still going – mainly squeezing in sessions around work and children. Today was a turbo session using the wahoo systm app, 28.5 km in 60 minutes.

Great pics @scotroutes, moonlight swim – that has to be the winning entry for this week. Some great looking gravel routes up there from the looks of yours and @munrobiker ‘s pics?

scotroutes

@walowiz – miles and miles of lovely gravel riding up here. Forest tracks, windfarms, shooting estates etc. There are some huge loops that can be ridden, especially if you are prepared to join up gravel with quieter roads. You’ve missed this years Graviemore event but it’ll be back next year. https://www.graviemore.scot/

AndrewL

Belated update. Glad to see everyone getting out and about, some lovely photos above.

Have managed to do something every day, recently quite a few walks, but have been off to the climbing wall and getting some rides in too.

After further DIY managed to get out towards holmesfield and then back over big moor and totley moss.

holmesfield

reluctantjumper

Just a 30 minute session on Zwift following a Pace Partner today, keeps the legs spinning as I think I may have been suffering with slightly overdoing things at some point already.

lesgrandepotato

Getting quite used to my lunchtime 10k cycle. Don’t manage everyday but it feels like some effect.

Joined a call today and people commented I’d slimmed down a bit.

Overall it’s good. Don’t half get through some kit tho!

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 55 – night ride up to the moors, quick 90min loop.

IMG_20221109_203803504

scotroutes

Love that photo. Reminds me of my first night riding experiences in the Pentland Hills near Edinburgh.

A lovely message from Garmin popped up on my watch earlier this evening, telling me what a good boy I’d been by not excercising today, thereby reducing the recovery time from the last couple of days to a mere 61 hours 😂

I thought I’d best not upset my watch so it was some late evening weights and yoga.

Just got my knee fixed, so perhaps I’ll try something like this next year (it’s too late now, plus it seems like it’s gonna rain haha)…

walowiz

Day 56, after the physio treatment yesterday, for some reason my body refused to move today at 5:30 am, so I missed my slot to go swimming. But thankfully the tube strike presented a unique opportunity to use going to work to get some good long walking in to get to the office.

So from Waterloo to work in the morning and tonight back from the office to Waterloo, two 45m quick-ish walks of about 4-4.5 km. Job done.

scotroutes

Day 56. 90 minutes of Zone 3 (ish) on Zwift exploring the new scenery.

reluctantjumper

A fail day today as I managed to whack my left hip against a solid object at work and it’s a bit sore so decided it best to let it rest. Thankfully it’s just a bit of bruising but it wouldn’t take too well to being in the saddle or a walk. Sore enough just moving around!

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 56 – typical busy Thursday so started to do the homeworkout app, which was requiring me to do a million press ups of various types. I did not last, and I can’t feel my arms. Need to wind it back a bit 🤣

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I’ve got the Norovirus!At 8.00pm, I managed to drag my self to the shop.Got back after a 35 minute stroll soaked in sweat.I think the purchase of toilet roll could be useful shortly. Its my first fail to be honest.😔

walowiz

Day 57, swim 4 km swim in 96 minutes, that’s as far as I can go in one session, fairly quick for the first 2 km, but the last km was a fair bit slower trying to prevent cramp in calves and toes !

Still it’s amazing that I can swim 4 km, compare this to me this time last year and it was all I could do to stay alive or awake. Incredible, taken a year to get here and right now I’m actually starting to believe I can make the full 100 days.

I will need a double espresso every hour to stay alert all day at work, but small price to pay. Happy Friday all.

Edit – great pic k@eefezza

ayjaydoubleyou

I managed to drag my self to the shop.Got back after a 35 minute stroll soaked in sweat.I think the purchase of toilet roll could be useful shortly. Its my first fail to be honest.😔

thats a pass, surely. 30+ minutes of moderate exercise. If its not then I am really not doing as well as I think I am

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Bit of a fail yesterday, relying on my scoot to and from the work from the car (2mile each way) and my lunch time preambulation round site. Will get a run in today.

scotroutes

Day 57.  Mrs S is a bit under the weather with some sort of cold but I wasn’t allowed to miss my morning dip.

Water temperature has actually risen again to 8.9C and as I had my neoprene back on for the first time this season I almost swam to the crannog.

Followed that up with a leisurely 10km run later this afternoon. The weather has been wet and wild and I thought it might get better. It didn’t. One thing about running in the rain though – it’s better when it’s dark and you can’t see it 🙂

keefezza
    Free Member

Scotroutes are you retired or just have a job that allows such spare time?

Day – 57. Beginning to physically see changes in my body following this near 2 months of regular exercise. Did a load of drumming this morning, an hours walk early afternoon and some bodyweight workout on the pull up bar tonight. Now settled down with rum and wotsits.

scotroutes

@keefezza – I retired (for the second time) almost four years ago.

keefezza
    Free Member

Living the retirement dream up there 😃

walowiz

Day 58, early turbo session using wahoo systm app, 28.5 km in 60 minutes. Followed by a lunchtime walk with wombat and daughter No.2, 3.35 km in 48 minutes. Done for today.

Definitely getting fitter.

Though I can’t shake the feeling that whilst this is all good, looking back I’ve just been constantly knackered / fatigued for the last 2 months and those 2 months have flown by in the blink of an eye because of that.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

45 minutes weights,stretching and yoga in the back yard.Beutiful day mind.

scotroutes

25km / a couple of hours exploring some local singletrack and piecing together new loops. No photos today.

fazzini

After fixing all my various punctures etc yesterday, a quick dart out this morning before the T20 WC final. Not much to see as it’s a misty one, but could someone phone Northumbria Police please? Looks like someone’s stolen St. Mary’s lighthouse 🤔😂

Stolen lighthouse?

Misty

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 58 – mostly just walking to places I would ordinarily drive to. Around 2 hours ish in total.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I wonder what percentage of over 40 year olds in the UK can actually walk for two hours solid.Not many I suspect.

keefezza
    Free Member

I hope you aren’t referring to me, I’m still mid 30’s 🤣

I would hope most could do, though I suspect a lot won’t because they’re too busy watching TV.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Certainly not you kf!I,m wondering if there are any statistics about the subject?Suspect, for over 50s like me, the results would be shocking.

scotroutes

68km / 2.5 hours on the road bike taking advantage of the unseasonal weather to be out in short sleeves and shorts. It’s easy to forget we’re less than 7 weeks from the solstice – until the sun dips suddenly behind the mountains and the temperature plummets!

No photos again – sorry.

FWIW – it might just be my local “bubble”, which I recognise as not being completely typical, but all the over-40’s I know could (and most do) easily walk for a couple of hours.

walowiz

Day 59, overslept as I used the wrong alarm on my phone, so shorter swim than I had planned.

2.6 km in 57 minutes, that’s it for today.

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,056 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Christmas’ is closed to new replies.