Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 402 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge – Exercise every day for 100 days til Christmas
  • sandboy

The boy has been inspiring, i never thought he would see this challenge through but he has really got into it and apart from a couple of weeks ago when suffering with a cold has been very motivated. He has Aspergers, and thrives on a daily routine. His daily routine now includes 30 minutes of exercise and will probably continue for the foreseeable future which has only happened because of this challenge. The only downside is his appetite, trying to feed a growing 14 year old is a challenge enough!!

onehundredthidiot

Well done sandboy jnr.

onehundredthidiot

Still plugging away.
    Today was tough mum, 77, diagnosed with heart issues. Turbo session helped clear the head.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Such is the joy of exercise- it’s there when you need it to take a break from reality. Hope your mum is doing as well as she can be.

On the upside- only one week left after tomorrow. Then you’ll have all earned your Christmas dinner.

sandboy

Just one week left and was back on the bike last night after 2 weeks of circuit training. Felt quite strong and had the power to hold a good average speed into the wind. Saddle sores have cleared up which made the ride more enjoyable. The boy has finished school now so we’re off out for a day at at Thetford today and probably out on the bike for the rest of the week. Hoping the mild weather continues over the holidays, might even finish the Festive 500. Well done to everyone still going!!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Oooof, almost fell at the final hurdle then- drove to work instead of riding yesterday as we were heading south for Christmas, painted a bathroom in the morning and then arrived at a friend’s house in Cumbria late. Managed to sneak in a walk with my friend’s dog at 10pm though, it’d be a shame to miss a day on day 96!

sandboy

The dog walk card is a handy one to play! Only needed it once but much better than missing a day. Been busy this week getting house ready for the arrival of family but have still managed to get in at least an hour on the bike each day this week. Looking forward to a couple of hours later after polishing the wooden floors.

onehundredthidiot

I’ve miss labelled my stravas so I’m going for the 25th too.
    Mrs 100th pointed this out and said I need to go out to complete it. Oops I’ll miss the in-laws. 🤔😆

munrobiker
    Free Member

Oh god, I did that last year. Well, I thought I did. Then it turned out I’d really messed up the numbers so I finished on time, which was a relief.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Wahey! It’s the last day- well done to everyone who gave it a go, even if you didn’t manage to complete the challenge.

What’s everyone doing to round out the challenge? I like to finish it by doing something I actually enjoy so it’s a big mountain bike ride around my folks’ house in Yorkshire for me.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Hats off to all who finished 👌, tougher challenge than you’d think, done me in quick style.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Finished my ride- had a very nice time, even enjoyed my dad’s old hardtail. Wet and soggy and totally done in now- the last 3 days have been tough. Time for me to vegetate til next year.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2i4KfaM]IMG_20191224_123734[/url] by Luke Bradley, on Flickr

munrobiker
    Free Member

The effort of my last 3 rides has given me a cold. Bastards.

dlabz

Finished with a chilly 100km ride round Aberdeenshire today. Roads were surprisingly good considering the cold temps last night.
    Was pretty happy to have completed the challenge. I do a reasonable amount of activity as it is, but doing the challenge meant that on the odd day where normally I might have just sat at home watching TV, it made me do something, even if that was just out for a walk, or even some yoga.
    Thanks to the OP for the inspiration and Merry Christmas to everyone.

onehundredthidiot

Century in the chilly borders. Four glasses of red last night had me thinking of a gentle finish. Now eyeing up the festive 500. It was chuffing manky at 0700 today.

jimmy

Good work to all that stuck with this. I didn’t, but the 40 or so days that I did were memorable for good reasons so good incentive to be better in 2020.

sandboy

I finished yesterday with a century ride with some mates doing the Festive 500 then came home to find out my Dad is in hospital. It’s looking like that could be the last of my cycling this holiday. This challenge has been tough but has made me realise that I’m a much better and happier person when I exercise every day. The boy has been a great motivation for me and he has been rewarded with a gym membership for his efforts. Well done to everyone who took on this challenge, especially those that saw it out to the end. Merry Christmas!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Hope your dad mends up well.

Merry Christmas everyone!

jimmy

memorable for good reasons

=

This challenge has been tough but has made me realise that I’m a much better and happier person when I exercise every day

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Sorry I,m late,bit of a Christmas meltdown here.I did, in my own little way manage 99.8% of the daily challenge.Due to very bad weather this mainly involved walking,weights,stretching,dancing,yoga and limited cycling efforts.I had planned to do alot of mtbing and outdoor weight training.This was utterly botched by constant rain and flooding.
    On the positive side, I am sure I am a little stronger than I was previously.Yoga and indoor weights will also prove useful going forward.I do think any other previous autumn would have seen me benefiting even more.Well done everyone,some of your efforts(to me)were truly inspiring.Finally a big thanks for munrobiker,I hope this challenge has helped him remember his buddy in a positive way.I will miss this challenge and hope someone comes up with an equally worthy challenge.Best of luck to you all.Neil.

sandboy

Is anyone up for this again this year?

piemonster

Reckon I’ll give it a shot!

5-6 days currently normal, so adding a day or two extra of cross training/light exercise is theoretically achievable.

cookeaa

Dunno, wheels fell off last year and this time round I’d say it’s going to be harder for me to squeeze it into a routine…

twistedpencil

I’m back in as I’ve lost motivation over the last month, hopefully an easier run up to Christmas will see me complete it this year…

doomanic

I’m in. Possibly start a new thread?

breninbeener

Me too please! New thread sounds good

MoreCashThanDash

I’ll give it a try, start a new full time job WFH in a week’s time so really need a motivation to do something active each day, even if it’s just a brisk walk or some DIY circuits.

A new 2020 thread sounds a good idea

lunge

I’ll have a crack I think.
    I’ on 166 days so far (every day since lockdown began) so Xmas day will take it to 280.
    My only challenge is some days my exercise is a flat-out 5k run which is less than 30 mins, I guess this’ll force me to do a proper warm-up!

cookeaa

When should the start date be?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member
    doomanic

When should the start date be?

From the OP

The rules are fairly simple-

– Exercise every day for a minimum of 1/2 an hour between 16th September and 24th December.
    – The exercise is basically whatever you want – biking, hiking, canoeing, swimming, running, yoga.
    – It’s not serious. Apart from the first year, we have all taken the odd day off if something more interesting/important was happening in our lives.

jimmy

Yes, been meaning to search this thread out. WFH lunchtimes are there for using.

swavis

I’ll give it a go, should be good for motivation 🙂

cookeaa

So participants should start on the 15th.

flowerpower
    Free Member

I’m in. Struggled last year due to the amount of foreign travel (work) I was doing.

So no excuses this year…

willard

Ok, I’m in for this. WFH sucks and this will give me a good reason to actually head out and run, or do 30 minutes of burpees or something

tiim
    Free Member

Still on the streak from last year so deffo in again

franksinatra

I’m in, need to make better use of wfh regime and got Puffer in Jan

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m going to try.

Your sincerely,

Flakey McFlakerson

DrP

Ooh… cool! Up for this again….

Will be good to get back into exercise after 6 weeks off due to busted wrist!
    Feeling soooo weak…. will try a combo of x-fit at home, running, and riding…
    Might even swim!

DrP

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 402 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge – Exercise every day for 100 days til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.