Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 402 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge – Exercise every day for 100 days til Christmas
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

be interesting how its going to be come October 12th Luke 😀

I’m going to give it a bash – the little one will be 7 weeks by then.

Did marcothon last december which was 5k a day – there was a tough patch about 2 weeks in where it was tough .,…but after i got over that hump i just got quicker and quicker in my 5ks …. consistancy is a huge thing

lunge

you know it doesn’t start until the 16th?

Must read more carefully.
    Ah well, 2 weeks head start is OK, right?

rubymurry
    Free Member

Don’t fancy putting every activity I do everyday on here, Keeping it simple, this is my plan and will post updates once monthly maybe, but would be good motivation to read others now and again

Monday: swim
    Tuesday: bike
    Wednesday: walk/hike
    Thursday: run
    Friday: bike to work
    Saturday: walk
    Sunday: bike

munrobiker
    Free Member

For those that are interested I’ve made a Strava club for those taking part. Otherwise, feel free to update here as and when you fancy.

https://www.strava.com/clubs/551467

I’m on holiday next week, we are every year – it makes the start awkward as I won’t have a bike with me but I’ll get on with it!

sandwicheater

The Mrs and I are up for this, she even has some his and her stickers for the calendar.

felltop

I’m in. Good motivation.

PePPeR

Sounds good, count me in,

oldtennisshoes

I’m in!

nt80085

Signed up too, good excuse to carry on the strava escape plan too. Cheers

munrobiker
    Free Member

Looks like I’m kicking it all off with a couple of hours’ kayaking. Well, I am on holiday!

Then a week of running. Eugh.

marksnook
    Free Member

Looks like I need to read more thoroughly, I’m 2 weeks in as well!
    Schedule is roughly
    Monday: yoga
    Tuesday:ride/run
    Wednesday:hike/run
    Thursday: ride
    Friday: hike/run
    Saturday: ride/run
    Sunday: ride

Counting a hike as anything I put walking boots for and raise my heart rate. Regular dog walks aren’t counting! It’s going to be tricky as we have a couple weddings to go to in the next month and some real busy weekends but see what I can fit in

flowerpower
    Free Member

Oooh, I’ve seen this thread just in time 😊

I’m in… Need some motivation as I was doing this in the spring and it’s fallen away with holidays and summer and wine 😔

Great way to honour your friend, thanks for including us!

DrP

Here we go!
    50 mile commute on the fixie today (2 x 25),tomorrow, and wed…

😊😎👍

DrP

danimalz

I’m getting involved with this. My idea is to alternate days between indoor strength exercise and outdoor cardio (bike/run or perhaps replaced with indoor swim/bike later in the year). Will see how I get on!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Started of with a swim, I think the trick for me will be a bit of diversity and to not go all in. Awfy prone to injury and it doesn’t help that I tend do the same type of exercise repeatedly.

oldtennisshoes

Bodypump class this evening :-O

Mister-P
    Free Member

25 mile canal towpath / bridleway commute home on the Saracen Levarg tonight (photo from last week)

View post on imgur.com

EDIT – does that photo work for anyone other than me? Imgur was being a dick.

cookeaa

Had a hundred mile weekend and now have a cold, but I can’t really start by giving myself the night off can I…

Might dose up on cold capsules and go for a short run later…

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Half an hour brisk walk here.I know,not brilliant,will try to do another hour later.

DezB
    Free Member

What punishment for missing a day?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

null

sandboy

The boy has decided he wants in too so we’re just back from an hour loop around the woods after school. Going to mix it up with some old school circuit training and alternate between road/MTB/gravel rides to keep things fresh. Really glad he’s into this.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Punishment-A snog with cookeaa

munrobiker
    Free Member

Well done everyone, great start even if it is just a brisk walk to ease you into it.

3 hours paddling down some rapids for me, I’m hooped 🤨

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Does the Strava group just include bike stuff?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Hmmm, looks like it does only include riding. I’ll see if I can fix it but I’m not able to get to a computer for a week.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Might prompt me to actually pedal a bike for a change 😬

DrP

Nah… A few runs on there…

DrP

naffa
    Free Member

I’m in with a steady 11.5 on the mtb. I’m really in need of a challenge like this so hopefully, we will all help each other stay motivated.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Day 1 complete for me. A 30 min run.

Is there a Strava group?

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Ignore my question. I’ve just seen the link.

rubymurry
    Free Member

Day 1 swim done ✅ legs felt like jelly when I got out… roll on day 2 for club MTB ride

scarlett
    Free Member

what a brilliant idea – can I join in?

Trying to find the motivation to get off my arse and do more but I am struggling.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m late to the party (as ever) but I’m planning on giving this a go.

Sometimes the commutes are pretty short at about 15 minutes each way but I’m going to count two of them a day as my half hour when I need to 😁

avdave2

Someone came on our club run last week, December 31st will be the last day of his ride every day for 2 years. That’s been a mix of road and turbo with not a single day missed. It was a new years resolution that was to last 2 years when most people struggle with 2 weeks.

Houns

Started today too, half hour each way bike commute

cookeaa

Punishment-A snog with cookeaa

Oi!
    That’s no punishment, I’m gorgeous me…

And I did my exercise last night, missus was out so I improvised a sort of circuits thing in the garage/Garden: Random reps on punch bag, kettle bells, running up and down steps, push ups… bugger all structure but strangely good fun…

jimmy

Forgot about this. Fortunately did day 3 of the Cairngorm Loop yesterday and here’s incentive for a much needed Yoga stretch off tonight.

onehundredthidiot

A longer hillier and frankly nicer (only 10km) ride home last night which was hard work through long grass. Followed by 6km treadmill run this morning. Main reason I’m at 14000steps for today.

Plan: Mon 10km ride
    Tues run (maybe strength work)
    Wed fun ride with the boys
    Thurs repeat Tues
    Fri long ride for fitness
    Sat/sun fun rides

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Half an hour weights and stretching will have to do for today.Does anybody know if gardening counts as exercise?I mean,what is exercise?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 402 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge – Exercise every day for 100 days til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.