Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 402 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge – Exercise every day for 100 days til Christmas
  • MoreCashThanDash

do 30 minutes of burpees

Show off!

DrP

Oof… just tried a few press ups…
    2 months ago I could bash out 100…

Wrist is fubared, and sternum and pecs killing me…. managed 5..
    Ffs!

DrP

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

If Dr P is in I,m in.I wonder if Munro biker can get involved again,it was his baby .Personally I think I owe him a debt of thanks.I got to last Christmas much fitter and stronger than usual.In the new year I caught something very much like covid which I saw of relatively quickly.As an asthmatic ,I think I and perhaps others owe munro biker a debt of thanks?On a less positive note I would like more support on here and less spreadsheet jockying than last time around.

oldtennisshoes

I’m in!

Bregante

I’m going to give this a go I think. Fully recovered from the covid I think now but have had zero motivation to do anything due to fatigue. I’ve lost a couple of stone in weight due to the effects of covid but have also lost pretty much all of my fitness too. I’m fairly certain that it’s behind me so I will do my own very low intensity version to get me back in shape for the new year.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

I’m in!

jodafett

I’ll give this a go. I’ll need inspiration for exercise routines tho as most of it will have to be done at home.

fettlin

I’d like a bash at this as well. As a few others have said, post C19 I’ve lost a bit of weight but my fitness has gone with it!

I’ve a rowing machine in’t garage that I’ll drag out to compliment whatever I do, I can feel my core has gone as well cos I can feel my back playing up more recently.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Perhaps Dr P might offer some guidance to the covid survivors.I,d be taking it steady if I was tou guys.

I think I’ll give this a crack this year. Hopefully it’ll serve as a motivator, I typically fade out pretty hard when fall arrives.

schmiken

I’m in! Loved doing this last year.

garage-dweller

I’ll have a go. Was doing this in full lockdown but switch back to “normal” weekend binge exercise and a work project with back to back 14-15 hour days stuffed it a bit over the summer.

matt_outandabout

Right, I need to do this, even if it’s just a walk and some sit-ups in the home office…

onehundredthidiot

I did it last year was tough but managed. I’ll be a late starter this year due to injury. Hopefully orthopaedics clear me for light turbo soon.

scandal42
    Free Member

Sod it i’m in.

WFH for months and haven’t taken advantage of it. Actually feel weak due to lack of motivation and just sitting all day.

Need a kick up the arse

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’ll join you. I’ve done 30+ days for the past couple of January’s, largely on Zwift or a run. My summer has tapered off badly so this is just what I need to get off my (increasingly large) arse. A lot of the comments about motivation sound familiar!

sirromj

I’m on the fence currently. Last year it was a no as I cycle commute and found the exclusion of that off-putting. This year however things are different and lack of commuting has given me the chance I needed to explore and have more success with other forms of exercise. I’ve decided once I return to daily commuting, I’ll count two of those days, but extending the length and intensity will be why (although I rarely ride gently enough to wear regular clothes on the way in to work). Most of my exercising is at home, general beginner bodyweight stuff, I just need to find a few more exercises to add into the mix so I’ve got enough to keep it interesting! Been experimenting this week a bit, has been interetesting limiting my sessions to a half hour, means I get to the point quicker rather than messing about with too much warm up. Added in jumping the length of the rug ten times today! Then decided to get the plastic bunny hop bar out and jump over that set to 60cm ten times too! Wasn’t convinced I was going to make it by the end but needn’t have worried.

Have done three days consecutively so far, although yesterday was two half hour sessions (am/pm) and today after the half hour went out for a two hour ride. Wrists a bit sore now. Shoulders slightly too, which is why I’m on the fence. Seem to over do it quite easily.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I was just about to get on this, I’m glad people are keen!

I suspect with so many folk working from home we’ll all need a bit of a shove to get out in early December, and some momentum from September and October will help. I’ll put a new thread up next week.

Just remember, it’s not serious!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Glad your back munro,with covid still knocking around I think some of us oldies would benefit from getting knocked into shape.

longdog
    Free Member

I’ll be in too.

I’d not normally have any issue between cycling and walking, but any other form of exercise like body weight stuff or yoga has been very hit and miss. Swam in the sea yesterday for first time in two years (since knee replacement)!

TBH often it would be better for me to rest my legs and do some core and upper body stuff instead.

Our council gym opens 14th, so maybe a weekly session of free weights there, though I’m not so sure of use of public gyms yet…

doomanic

I’m hitting the gym 5 times a week. The COVID measures seem pretty comprehensive to me and from what I can see everyone is following them.

jimmy

TBH often it would be better for me to rest my legs and do some core and upper body stuff instead.

Same for me. I like doing largely bodyweight circuit sessions but am good at procrastination and over thinking rather than doing. I’ll post a few ideas up in case they’re any use to others. Last one was:

– Press ups
    – Burpee
    – Oblique crunches (cycling legs)
    – Squats (optional jump squats)
    – Lift and push (dumb bells or weighted bag – start from floor, pull to shoulder and push over head)
    – Reverse crunches (leg raises)
    – lunges (optional jump)

Do either reps or time based. Start easy! 1<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>0-15-15  is my opening effort which takes nothing like 30 mins.</span>

sirromj

All that jumping around yesterday followed by a 2hr ride and my legs feel it today, so hopefully a 45minute walk with my 3yo son counts 🙂

A favourite BW exercise of mine is walking my feet up a wall into a chest-to-wall handstand position, holding for 20s, and then back down again, then rest, repeat x 6. This week decided to cut the hold time right down and without rest between reps. Tried for 3 reps but felt too wobbly so stuck with 2, going to do that daily for a week.

SaxonRider

I’m in. But what does it entail in terms of tracking, and staying honest and accountable?

Yesterday was my first ride since 5 May, and in that time I have managed to lose more fitness than I did after my crash two years ago, and put on more weight. I was 80 kgs. I am now 88. *%!#

LAP13
    Free Member

I’d like to stick my name down for this one too please!

Wrist injury has kickstarted me into doing the Zwift thing regularly but something daily whilst still recuperating and now WFH pretty much permanently would be ideal.

Let’s do this!!!

As per @saxonRider; how do we ensure we’re accountable?
    Cheers all

tenfoot

I’m up for this. I’m out with the dog every day anyway, so shouldn’t be too much of a stretch.

loum
    Free Member

I’m in as much as I can.
    But I have some surgery coming up and will be no exercise for 2 weeks when it happens, probably early October.
    I’ve recently re-started running after being ill all year, and on a 2 week streak at the moment, so I’m going to say that’s me started already and I’ll keep going from now as a “pre-payment” for when I’ve got to sit it out.

mountainmonkey2.0
    Free Member

I’d like to have a crack too. I’m heavier, weaker & less fit than ever (what a combo!) so definitely keen to take advantage of some external motivation & encouragement.

After an initially strong start to lock down, I’ve done no proper exercise besides a few rides, where I have definitely felt the lack of strength/fitness, so I’m hoping to feel the benefits fairly quickly 🤞

Thanks to the OP for sharing the challenge/experience/tribute.

jimmy

how do we ensure we’re accountable?

Well…

Just remember, it’s not serious!

munrobiker
    Free Member

But what does it entail in terms of tracking, and staying honest and accountable?

There’s a Strava group and I put everything on Strava (though anything that’s not cycling I only out the time in as I primarily use Strava to see how far I’ve gone on my bike). But really, you are only accountable to yourself. And if you think it counts as exercise, it counts. It is quite tough, and you will probably skip the odd day but you shouldn’t beat yourself up about it. Keep checking in with the thread to keep yourself motivated.

onehundredthidiot

I’m in. It’ll be light turbo, upper body and knee rehab but it’s a focus and reminder to actually do the physio. Hopefully on a real bike outside by Christmas.

ahsat

Count me in. I’m dreading WFH the next few months having just returned from a trip in the van and I need motivation to get out of bed. This sounds ideal.

MoreCashThanDash

What day are we starting? 100 days to end on Christmas Day, or end Christmas Eve so we can blow it in style?

jimmy

Are we starting a new thread for this year? @Munrobiker ‘s honour…?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

The little roll of extra me around my midriff says do it. Will be a mix of circuits, bike, turbo and running. Will be counting bike commutes if I do any. Now to draw up a programme.

ahsat

God! Just stood on the scales! p20 has come back from an active holiday 3lb lighter! I’ve come back 5lb heavier (eating, drinking and cycling the same!!) and now weigh a stone more than him!! I’m definitely joining in! Might have to start today….

onehundredthidiot

Christmas Eve means the last day is the first ride of the festive 500.

renton
    Free Member

Count me in on this please!!

spawnofyorkshire

So is today the first day if wanting to finish on xmas eve?
    I think my ‘off days’ will be a 30min minimum walk

munrobiker
    Free Member

Nope, the 16th is the start day.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 402 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge – Exercise every day for 100 days til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.