Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,268 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas
  • DrP

My cold seems to have shifted, so a lovely 90 minutes on the downs for me today!
    Wrist holding up, which is great!

DrP

scotroutes

Thought I might as well join in.

10km run yesterday.

18km ride up to Coire na Ciste area for a bivvy tonight.

twistedpencil

Head cold going, but my head went at Farmer John’s this evening. I can’t ride drops like I used to.  Lockdown has got me out of practice.  Still 45minutes of shitting myself, must  count double!  It’s going to be a long winter if I can’t get my falling off a mountain routine sorted…

jodafett

I did Joe Wicks this morning!

God I can’t stand that man!

Pook

Very quick blast for me on a good local loop. Singletrack, techy bits, steady climbing and some kickers. I could get used to this! Better than last night’s burger fuelled birthday ride!

jeffl

5 mile run for me this evening.

jodafett

Morning folks! 7k run at 4.55/km this morning in a slightly chillier Edinburgh.

longdog
    Free Member

Just about to head off for some social isolation in a private ‘bothy’ for a few days (because lock down wasn’t isolating enough!). Hikes, swims and yoga until I’m back home.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Scotroutes your Scotland adventures always make me very envious!

Another morning Bosely Cloud hike with the pooch for me, doing it at a brisk enough pace that it actually feels like exercise.

Off out shortly for a 3 course lunch for my girlfriends birthday.

scandal42
    Free Member

Day One – MTB group ride ended in mechanical disaster, luckily I got 37 minutes clocked before the end.

Day two – 1st run of the C25K. Remember that my body for some reason isn’t made for running. Almost instant IT band pain that I used to get. Seem to be able to manage it by leaning back slightly????

Today, hopefully an hour thrashing the mtb in the woods

Tomorrow – Nice group ride in the Peaks.

ahsat

Day 3. As expected I can really feel last nights kettlebells. 45 min walk before breakfast today as a result. Active recovery…(or something)

View this post on Instagram

3/100 autumnal morning #walk

A post shared by Natasha Barlow (@ahsatb) on

scotroutes

Day 3 – well, I had to ride back down the hill, right? I also did a short walk to a hidden lochan before that.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Out yesterday for a long day round Gleouraich and Spidean Mialach above Loch Quoich. Absolutely fantastic views, very atmospheric with occasional banks of cloud swirling around the summit ridges, then clearing to bright sunlight – one of the best days hillwalking I’ve had in ages.

Doesn’t seem to have registered on the Strava Club for some reason though?

scotroutes

@ditch_jockey – does that mean the road has re-opened?

wooobob

I’ve just started using strava for this and apparently you have to set walks as runs otherwise it doesn’t include them. Which is a bit rubbish.

MoreCashThanDash

Circuits and stretching for me today

mogrim

I declared turbo season officially open at Chez mogrim last night, did a very sweaty climb in the Canaries on BKool. Really ought to start following a plan there, instead of just doing whatever I feel like. Off for a run in a minute, hope the rain holds off 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Started C25k (again), did day 1 and 2 on Wednesday and Thursday, then went for a road ride in the evening and wondered why my legs just didn’t want to respond, I don’t think I’ve ever been on a road ride where my HR stayed less than 140 for 3 hours, it’s usually ticking along at 160-165.

Got out of bed this morning and had to steady myself on the wardrobe to stop myself crumpling onto the floor! It seems my legs really aren’t made for running.

Yoga today I think!

DrP

As well as my normal cycle commuting, I’m going to do a 30min upper body sessoin at home tonight, using my gym rings and some KBs…
    Not quite fixed enough for a full on pull-up routine, but will get there in the next few weeks I reckon (as long as it doesn’t pull my wrist off!)

DrP

loum
    Free Member

Wooobob
    Maybe try setting as hike

munrobiker
    Free Member

We had a bit of a yomp along the south west coast path today and it was bloody lovely.

munrobiker
    Free Member

We had a yomp along the south west coast path and it was bloody lovely. It doesn’t have to be all sweating your eyes out.

Pook

Bike to and from school, walk to and from nursery,  walk to school and the park and home today. Easily my 30 mins but don’t feel I’m doing enough and didn’t Strava!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Day three done.

Back out on the mtb after work and the trails are running nicely. After early finishes like the last two days I normally get home and do nothing so it’s nice to be motivated to go out and do something!

Nick

3% completed, yay!

doomanic

Day 1; Stronglifts plus some extra arms and back work and a 2k run.
    Day 2; 6k run
    Day 3; Stronglifts plus arms and a 2k run
    Day 4; tomorrow, The Beast @ Coed y Brenin, yaaaay.
    Day 5; Sunday, Syfydrin Trail @ Bwlch Nant yr Arian

sirromj

Intended gentle doorstep xc ride but tailwind KOM got the better of me. Tailwinds are like e-bikes, you still work hard 😀 0.63 mile segment through some fields, rollable 1ft drop on a corner half way down is it’s biggest challenge, 160bpm avg HR, 31mph max, 24mph avg. Followed by a couple of hours digging and wheelbarrowing, then an actually gentle xc ride home into headwind.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

@scotroutes – yes the road along Loch Quoich is now reopened. quite an impressive scar on the hillside, along with some meaty boulders still perched above the road. I was equally impressed by the person who’d parked their newish BMW in the layby directly underneath the landslide – clearly they have massive confidence in the quality of the civil engineering involved 😀

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Half day at work so eventually turfed myself outside for a couple of hours going hither and yon on the road bike (have been off it for a couple of weeks and shoulders and undercarriage have forgotten what it’s like!).

Then the Mi Band 4 arrived and has already encouraged me to go about twice as far as we would have otherwise walking the dog, so I guess it’s doing the job already!

fathomer

I’ve just joined, couple of days late but was on the same group ride that @scandal42 spat his dummy out on 😁 and a steady 45min roadie today.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

50min walk today. Will need to get the heart pumping a bit more over the weekend.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Couple of hours finding steep hills to puff up on the roadie, I hope this gets easier!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Couple of hours along the Tees on my old Avalanche. Jesus it’s hard work for some reason compared to my full susser. Still got to watch a druggy flasher and ensuing violence on Stockton high street.Not a very relaxing scene to observe sat outside of Costa bomb.Still,the young kid who pepper sprayed said druggy flasher in the face added to the theatre.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I should get bonus points just for living in the tees valley.

freeagent
    Free Member

Day 3 done – 2.5 mile walk with eldest daughter.
    Will walk again tomorrow then couple of hours on the road bike Sunday.

jeffl

Nice ride to catch the sunset this evening. The Highland cattle even made an appearance.

Hmm images aren’t working for me, odd 😕

Zwift again for day 3. Riding with Diesel Dan pacer. Some resistance bands work on my upper body to hopefully fix the shoulder issue if had for years! Motivation!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Made the most of the dry trails and took the mtb out again this morning for day four.

On a slightly related note, today is day 150 on my streak of doing daily yoga from the Yoga15 website. Still can’t do most of the poses properly but there’s a noticeable difference in my general wellness when it comes to the huge reduction in aches and pains both cycling and non-cycling related.

claudie

There have been a couple of mentions of walks and hikes not registering. I have this problem too, how do you actually make strava ‘see’ these activities? Mine only shows cycle, run and swim so I assume that gym and yoga sessions won’t show either?

Thanks

munrobiker
    Free Member

I think it’s something to do with Strava club settings and I have no idea how to fix it.

I had a bloody lovely morning wending my way around the coast. It’s encouraging for me that I’m quite a bit faster than I was two years ago, but also able to enjoy the scenery a bit more.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jHY2PD]IMG_20200919_092122[/url] by Luke Bradley, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,268 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.