Viewing 40 posts - 1,041 through 1,080 (of 1,268 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas
  • jimmy

25 miles around Midlothian tonight, but if finding and stashing beer along the way.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Let’s get them Thanet badlands up!

Earl
    Free Member

Anyone wanna join for a grease the groove day tomorrow? It’s back to pull Thursday.

1 pull every 5 minutes between 830 and 5pm. That’s 102 in total!

Pull up/ chin up/ body weight row/ TRX row or whatever.

sirromj

Might give that a go yeah, but this evening I did my basic bodyweight strength routine and decided to push reps per set a little – 3 x 8 pull ups, struggled – 3 x 10 dips – struggled slightly less, and then tried wide grip on 3 x 10 bodyweight rows and 3 x 10 push ups.

Think you might need to check your maths tho.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Fail today due to yesterdays yomp.Unless we count 50 minutes housework.
    I,m starting to suffer due to weather,lockdown and this town!I will make an attempt at MTFU tomorrow.Any motivating ideas and thoughts out there?

Earl
    Free Member

Cool!

I’ve started early as I’ve got to drop the car off for a MOT later.

A bit of a hang, 3,3,4,5,5. It adds up pretty fast.

scotroutes

I had my planned easy day yesterday.

Loch Morlich for a 5 minute dip (ducky says the water temp was 5c) and then a 26 min yoga session last night focusing on lower back and hips.

Since photos of my locale are generating some resentment, have one of me instead..

willard

To keep my girlfriend company (she’s doing 100 pressups per day until Christmas) I decided I would do 100 situps per day. That’s fine, apart from last night when I did them on carpet for the first time and managed to strip the skin off my tailbone. It’s annoying, especially as I know I have to do another 100 tonight in the gym.

MoreCashThanDash

Only missed one day so far still, but there’s been a few late night half arsed walks round the village or yoga with Kassandra to keep that going.

Riding has actually dropped off due to work and weather the last couple of months, so I’m glad this challenge has got me doing something else each day instead.

mogrim

Anybody else starting to develop an irrational hatred of scotroutes and his world?

Nah, we’ve got bigger mountains here 🙂

Interval run yesterday, felt pretty good although I can see it being the last run I do in shorts for a while… Shorter run today I think, then a bit of bike tomorrow.

Earl
    Free Member

60 in the bag

sirromj

70 bodyweight rows so far. 5 every 15 minutes.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve realised that I only need to do 65 miles a week until Christmas to reach my target of 4,500 miles for the year. With that and the Strathpuffer being canned I’m easing off on the riding a bit and will be doing a bit more climbing. Not missed a day yet and we’ve fully broken the back of it. It’s definitely helping – I’ve had a Strava top ten on my last 4 rides.

Not taken as many photos lately (usually because it’s fully dark when I’m out!) but here’s the latest-

Day 71 – 15 miles of gravel mincing in glorious weather.

Day 72 – 18 miles up in the Pentlands on the mountain bike.

Day 73 – Enjoyed my MTB ride the night before on not totally soaking trails so much I was straight back out at 8am the next day.

Day 77 – 30 miles of Lothian gravel and cycle paths.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Anybody else developing an irrational hatred of munro and his environs?😁

Earl
    Free Member

110 – all done

How are you going sirr?

Core tomorrow….

scotroutes

A spin up to Ryvoan in our first proper snowfall of the Winter. Very icy in places too so I can confirm that my butt clenching ability is undiminished.

sirromj

160 bodyweight rows today. Mixture of wide/regular/narrow hand positions and pronated/supinated grip. Wasn’t too bad actually, didn’t take me to fatigue at any point, though definitely feeling it.

Gave it a break at lunch time to go for a run which was a bit drizzly, but nothing like that lovely picture above ^^^.

Should sleep well tonight, got all the exercise out the way at a sensible time too.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Anybody else developing an irrational hatred of munro and his environs?😁

It’s all done from my doorstep from the middle of the city. I’ve just got very good at hunting out the bits that don’t feel so city-like.

sandboy

My first day off the bike for nearly 3 weeks as a result of it raining here nonstop all day. Got soaked at work this morning to the extent that we called it a day at lunchtime and couldn’t face getting soaked again! Spent an hour this afternoon stretching and foam rolling out all the little niggles I’ve been feeling. Going to take the dogs out later, hoping that the rain will ease, if not I’ll be getting wet again. Fat biking in the snow looks way more appealing!

Earl
    Free Member

I feel it in my hands more than anything. After 75 – the flesh gets a bit squeezed. A few extra rows with a trx just to make sure middle muscles of the back are involved today.

The amazing thing about grease the grove is that it doesn’t leave you smashed. Another 50 tomorrow wouldn’t be out of the question.

And it makes sure my eyes take a break from the screen.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Today was a good example of what’s so great about this challenge- I looked out the window this morning, it was cold and grim and I really couldn’t be arsed. But I went out, the snow got thicker as I got away from the city and I had one of my favourite rides of the challenge. Slow and a lot of near misses – gravel bikes seem to be more fussy about snow than MTBs – but really excellent fun.

scotroutes

Day 80. Seems like only yesterday I was grumbling that we hadn’t even reached half way yet.

I’d decided on a low-level walk to a minor summit near Badaguish. I was driving up but the Badaguish access track looked pretty icy so I just carried on. What I should have done was park at the bottom of the track.

I drove on up to Loch Morlich and then Glenmore where I eventually found a good parking spot. What I should have done was walk the extra distance to my planned hill.

I was at the bottom of the access path for Meall a Bhuachaille so I decided just to walk up to the tree line. Conditions were very benign – lots of lovely soft, untrodden snow. What I should have done was to turn around at the top of the trees and head back down.

Given it was so calm, I decided to head up a bit further. I could see the bottom of the cloud layer just above me. What I should have done was turn around when the path disappeared into the mist.

I carried on up to the col, whereupon the stiff Northerly wind hit me full blast, carrying with it icy rain. What I should have done was turn around right there and head back to the van.

Being that far up, I thought it was a shame not just to carry on to the summit. OK, I wasn’t really prepared for it, but hey ho. I was post-holing through thigh-deep drifts in places but I knew I wasn’t far from the top.

Anyway – made it back down safely, if feeling a little bit sheepish for having pushed the envelope further than was ideal.

fathomer

I’ve just got back from a 45min road bike ride for day 80, it’s grim out!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Couple of cold wet hours on the road bike around Coniston, enjoyable but glad when it was over!

jimmy

Missed my lunchtime window of opportunity. Will do some yoga / physio later.  Hopefully get out tmrow for a romp in the snow somehow.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

^ Know how you feel,hiked for my shopping then came home and did some weights,exercises and stretching.Must do a few bigger sessions this weekend.I,m just starting to get a bit bored and finding this a real chore.My enthusiasm seems to ebb and flow.

sirromj

Ride to the house & back today, total 1hr 3/4, 16 miles, some off road, some lanes. Wasn’t feeling very adventurous or energetic after the run and bodyweight rows yesterday, but the chill in the air soon made me get the heart pumping.
    Here’s those spell binding pictures of Thanet I promised.

Oh look a road sign

Same location other direction Looking toward Pfizer:

Down in the lane:

jodafett

At last some decent photos 😂😉

scotroutes

Overnight rain has made all the remaining snow very soft and mushy. Massive puddles everywhere and you can never be sure what you’re riding on.

Undaunted, Ross and I made a beeline for the Duke of Gordon monument. The climb up was interspersed with much swearing and I had to stop to let some air out of the tyres I think I ended up with about 6 psi in the front and 3 in the rear. A bit of footwork got us there and then it was a very sketchy, but also hilarious, descent and return home. A whole 22km in something over 2 hours 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Could be game over for me, slimy sniper rock got me on my run this afternoon, ankle the size of an orange now. Poo!

Had a lovely walk in the sunshine this afternoon before though so not all bad

Will try the bike in the morning but not mega hopeful right now. Medicinal whisky about to be deployed.

mogrim

Could be game over for me, slimy sniper rock got me on my run this afternoon, ankle the size of an orange now. Poo!

Bummer! But… yoga? Abs? TRX? Could be a chance to try something new?

Rather than doing anything new I did a 45min interval session on the turbo. Quite possibly wouldn’t have bothered if it weren’t for this challenge!

jodafett

Try drunk Yoga, I just have. It’s a different kind of challenge 😂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

🤣 downward hair of the dog!

sirromj

Felt positive after the grease the groove thing the other day, so decided to go for max total reps of pull ups and dips while doing the laundry. Limiting to 5 reps per set, managed 8 sets of each (alternating pull ups & dips with 2-3 minutes laundry folding between sets). Didn’t reach fatigue – a big improvement on a couple of months ago. Then to finish 3 sets of 15 each of bodyweight rows and push ups. Went like this: 13bwr 20pu 12bwr 17pu 13bwr 14pu.

jodafett

🤣 downward hair of the dog!

Touché

jimmy

Did some physio then went for a stroll this morning.  But I’ve done enough strolling recently so just did 30mins garage circuits to get sweaty. Done.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Yesterday was grim.

Earl
    Free Member

2 hours on a heavy road bike today. Road is ok but it’s not mtb….

Grease the grove tomorrow. Hinge and balance day.
    One leg Romanian dead lifts.
    10 each leg = 20 per set.
    5 sets per hour = 40 sets.

Come join!

sirromj

Half hour beginner yoga video, ok. Then a 20minute flexibility video which wasn’t helpful when a long when off the flexibility of the instructor.

One leg Romanian dead lifts.
    10 each leg = 20 per set.
    5 sets per hour = 40 sets.

I saw someone doing these in a video recently and tried it and thought it a really good exercise for balance and ankle/calf strength. But I’m quite slow as balance and ankle/calf strength isn’t great, so I’d barely get any work done tomorrow if I did that many reps + sets. I might try 1 set every half hour and a bike ride.

scotroutes

I was really looking forward to a ride down at Findhorn and Roseisle with metalheart but woke up this morning with a stomach upset/runny gut. It has carried on all day so I reverted to a 30 minute yoga session with Kassandra. I’m only doing beginner level stuff but I already feel it’s doing some good to my mobility. That might be the one big takeaway from this 100 day sequence.

We are also now into that time of year that the paths and tracks are alternately icy and dangerous or slushy and sodden. This next couple of weeks will be a real challenge for me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,041 through 1,080 (of 1,268 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.