Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,268 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas
  • Earl
    Free Member

wow

lunge

Stunning running conditions last night, clear sky, no wind and ice cold.
    Started out planning a gentle 8 mile run and then bumped into a club mate a mile in so the easy 8 turned into one of the fastest 10 milers I’ve ever run.What’s even better is that it felt effortless.
    Absolutely buzzing after that one.

ahsat

Nice one @lunge.

Keep going all. The updates are keeping me sane.

I sat on the turbo and spun my legs for 5 mins yesterday in the granny ring – literally for nothing more than to keep the blood moving (I have a DVT risk) and my arthritic knee from locking up (don’t worry; no cardio load at all). Not sure it counts but with you in spirit.

Tasha

jimmy

Nice, happy birthday @scotroutes.

I’m easing back into things – easy beerientiering ride on Wednesday, walk yesterday + physio, walk + 2x7min workouts today (so far).

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Work’s been a total bastard this week. Just got out for s half hour walk before collecting the kids today.10k run tomorrow and MTB Sunday fo sho!

sandboy

Finished work at lunchtime and decided to go out this afternoon on the road bike as yesterday I went single speeding round the woods. I left the village in bright sunshine but after about twenty minutes a blanket of thick fog descended making visibility quite a problem. Fortunately I have decent front and rear lights so wasn’t too worried but about twenty minutes after that I couldn’t see the other side of the road!! Cut the ride short and took the most direct route home, felt very relieved when I got there. Take care out there folks.

jodafett

Sorry for the shoddy photo. It’s the only one I took.

Taken after the pub? Happy birthday.

A few HIIT sessions, couple of turbos, 2 6km runs, seven salads, 7 smoothies and I’m still the same weight I was in September!!

A lot bloody fitter tho so there is an up side!

Edit- And no Beer!!

sandboy

Very strange weather we’re having ! Just got back from walking the dogs and it’s now as clear as a bell?

mogrim

Work’s been a total bastard this week

+1 I’ve been squeezing in what I can. Today was a 30min interval session at lunchtime on the turbo. Better than nothing, and it was pissing down and blowing a gale so I wasn’t too worried… 🙂

scotroutes

A cheeky wee pre-dinner run with the Missus

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Hike along the Tees from the Transporter to Newport bridge.First half an hour my legs felt like they belonged to someone else!A sunny,cold and calm afternoon…perfect conditions in my book.I wish the whole of winter was like this.

scotroutes

A sunny,cold and calm afternoon…perfect conditions in my book.I wish the whole of winter was like this.

A bit dreich here today but I don’t mind running when it’s like that. Really not looking forward to the prolonged spells of icy roads and pavements as that makes cycling AND running treacherous.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

It was about 5C so no danger involved.

mogrim

A bit dreich here today

Been wondering this for a while: what is a decent translation of “dreich” to English? I’m guessing “grim” would probably cover it, but is there a better word?

sirromj

Yesterday, I wanted to do some sort of 30minute HIIT like the Joe Wicks and Bully Juice follow along videos I did earlier in the challenge, but wanted to focus on legs and jumping. Tried looking on youtube for follow along jump higher videos but longest was 10 minutes, so in the end I just made it up uses bits and pieces of what I could remember for about 30 minutes. Really sweaty. Enjoyed but next time I might just do one of the follow along videos instead for a bit more structure.

This evening was intending yoga but wasn’t feeling the love for it so started flapping my arms around, then picked up a pair of 3kg barbells and flapped my arms around some more, then picked up the 8kg kettle bell and more arm stuff commenced, and a few squats for good measure. Worked up quite the sweat once the kettle bell came out. I rarely use the barbells or kettle bell, so was good to finally ‘get’ them in some way. 45 minutes give or take 5.

saynotoslomo
    Free Member

I’ve not missed a day yet and still enjoying the “challenge” aspect of it but motivation is getting increasingly lower and lower and starting to view it as more of a chore than anything else. Although I am glad I’m sticking to it, working from home means I’d barely leave the house most days otherwise!
    About to drag myself for a local night ride. Scottish lockdown rules means I’m not allowed to leave my area which I actually really enjoyed in the first lockdown, exploring a lot of new paths etc. Not quite the same sticking to local paths in the mud, cold and dark though!
    Trying to look on the positives, looking forward to getting back to Inners and Dunkeld and being much fitter than I would’ve otherwise been

scotroutes

64km/709m of gravel today. Absolutely maginifent afternoon. Cold, clear, breathless.

Felt really strong and picked up a couple of unintended PRs to back that up.

mogrim

I’ve not missed a day yet and still enjoying the “challenge” aspect of it but motivation is getting increasingly lower and lower and starting to view it as more of a chore than anything else.

Try mixing it up a bit? Are you always doing the same sort of thing?

I managed to squeeze in a quick hour on the road bike this morning – despite it being a Saturday I had to work, although hopefully we’ve finally delivered the fix for the problem that blew up last weekend… Here’s hoping next week will be a little bit easier!

jodafett

Been wondering this for a while: what is a decent translation of “dreich” to English? I’m guessing “grim” would probably cover it, but is there a better word?

Dreich is not quite as bad as grim but can’t think of an equivalent.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Dreich = the Taggart of weather.

Yours, a Sassenach.

jimmy

Dreich is really just grey, no?

scotroutes

Day 75. 3/4 distance. Let’s keep it going folks.

I mentioned in my previous post that I was feeling a bit stronger again. Backed that up today with a 10km run down from Badaguish to home and managed to record my PB 5k and 10km. It’s undoubtedly cheating given the elevation drop but I’ll still take it!

No photos. Too much of a rush 😅

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Got a decent run in yesterday but today’s MTB was a bit of catastrophe Went for a walk withe family in a local forest (10 miles or so from home) with the idea that I’d ride back. wife and kids set off, pull out of carpark. Where’s me phone and wallet? In the car. Nevermind. Did a couple of the trails and on the last corner hit a rock and punctured. Ok, had half an anchiove, got it fitted stood back and basked in my greatness then pumped it up. Hssssss. Split right on the bead. No tube, no phone, could be a long walk. Set off walking to see if I could get it to seal. No go. find a tube patch in my pack, shoved that in with loads of glue and it held. Up to about 10psi just and so rideable. So rode back at about 5 mph past all the good stuff I wanted to ride and got a bollocking for being late home. 🤷🏻‍♂️

jimmy

Went for a run today to test the hip and I’m not feeling any issue with it. Back in for the last 25 with vigour hopefully. Haven’t enjoyed two weeks of bare minimum!

sirromj

Yesterday upper bodyweight strength workout: 4 x 6 chin ups, 3 x 7 dips. The easier pull/push variants with feet elevated 18″: 4 x 8 bodyweight rows, 3 x 8 push ups – could have done many more except didn’t want to risk more elbow issues. The usual hour inc. warm up/cool down.

Trials ride today, 45 minutes, for once didn’t get frustrated or exhausted, no negativity at all, just enjoyed it. Technique slowly improving. At least a 5yo told me he liked my moves… But I thought he said boots. Then told him that and was wearing trainers. He said he had dinosaur boots and whizzed off with a big roar on his scooter.

marksnook
    Free Member

Picking up materials in Brecon this morning so thought I would sneak up pen y fan for some some sunrise photos. Got to corn du and it’s was wild windy and thick cloud so aborted and headed to work!
    Going to be up here working for the next few months so will try get some retribution!
    Couple walks over the weekend as my knee is not healing as quick as I want it to.
    Lost count of what day we’re on! Think I might have started early anyway!

jimmy

Rode up to the top of Castlelaw to do a beerientiering stash, then on a bit to find one. Drank it, rolled down the hill for lunch and snapped my chain on the way. All good fun!

scotroutes

45 minute run with Mrs Scotroutes, completing her 50 Miles in November challenge.

Then a welcome return to the swimming pool for another 45 minutes. All very weird being indoors swimming again, first time since March 19th. I’d forgotten how much buoyancy the wetsuit adds and also how much warmer the water would be. Might cheat with the buoyancy trunks next week 😉

ahsat

Been enjoying reading all your posts. Well done all. Thankfully it looks like I’ve had COVID mild, and I’m on the mend having only really had 4-5 days of feeling unwell. Still got 5 days of isolation ahead of me (isolating for 14 days), so no activities just yet (and when I do, it will only be short walks), but am hopefully I might join you all for the end, if things allow (don’t worry – will take it very careful).

jodafett

Good news @ahsat.

50 Miles in November challenge.

I wasn’t doing this but just checked mileage out of interest. 49.6 miles. 🙄 typical!

sirromj

Night hop about on the street trials bike last night, really windy, difficult to find spots sheltered from wind with street lighting and also decent for hopping about on. So I practised some wheelies, wheel swaps, and manuals, all pretty badly as I don’t often do those things.

WFH lunch time hop about on the street trials bike, only 30 minutes. Still really windy, sea getting a bit rough, but I wasn’t the only person out there exercising so that spurred me on.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Another fail yesterday, that’s three days now and all after an early shift. Sometimes coming home cream crackered and the thought of grinding through half and hour seems daunting. Back on it today and going to try and not slip again till the challenge is finished.

jodafett

Sometimes coming home cream crackered and the thought of grinding through half and hour seems daunting.

On days like that I do a beginners Yoga video on YouTube.

sirromj

I do find the half hour yoga videos always go quite quickly. Whereas some of the HIIT I’m thinking “please let this end.

Interesting reading about hypnic jerks from WCA’s threadis a brief and sudden involuntary contraction of the muscles of the body which occurs when a person is beginning to fall asleep.

a wide range of potential causes… stimulants like caffeine… and strenuous activities in the evening.

Looks like I’ll be having them for a while longer then.

scotroutes

I’m not going to lie – I felt like pish when I woke up today. I’d arranged to go MTBing with a mate but my legs just felt leaden. I struggled round the 35km (750m of climbing) like a good ‘un and had a pretty good day out as a result.

I have some Loch swimming lined up in the morning and will likely do a wee yoga session later in the day. Hoping that gives my legs a wee break before the weekend comes in full pelt.

scotroutes

Added photo ..

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Anybody else starting to develop an irrational hatred of scotroutes and his world?😉

claudie

Must confess to starting to struggle, left hamstring and right knee both want some time off! But we’re in the final straight so gotta keep going …

sandboy

I’ve found myself feeling very envious of his rides from the door. Terrain that I can only dream of here in Norfolk!

sirromj

Don’t worry I’ll post some more pictures of Thanet soon 😁

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,268 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.