Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,268 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas
  • twistedpencil

I need to up my photography on rides, flat Cheshire spin yesterday so swung past Jodrell Bank before heading up the Wizard.

Pleasant ride after Saturdays soaking.

Day 69 has taken me on a shorter local loop and I was surprisingly full of beans, wish I’d gone out longer now…

scotroutes

Already posted in another thread.

13 minutes in Loch Morlich earlier.

I’ll top that up with a little late-night yoga as I’m swimming again tomorrow and will likely fit a run in too.

jimmy

Is that Brad?? Or the Hoff?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

What you talking about? Can only see a big orange condom. #Camobantzzzz

Circuits tonight, not feeling it though, sluggish, too much chicken pie for tea 😋

sirromj

Hop about on the trials bike yesterday afternoon as the light faded, another hop about this evening under street lights, usual spots. Yesterday felt a bit frustrating, today a few positive charges dotted about here and there.

scotroutes

Day 70 – and its my birthday (62 if you must ask).

A morning swim in Loch Morlich (7C again) with muffins in the car park to follow.

Then a wet 6.5km run with Mrs Scotroutes to help with her 50 mile thing.

Pizza tonight!

ahsat

Excellent. Happy birthday Scotroutes 🙂

Back in isolation again here as p20 has got a temperature. Once again awaiting COVID test result (given his work, we aren’t optimistic). I’m thinking that as I feel ok some light garage gym is probably on. Keep HR and cardio load down.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Many happy returns scotroutes and thanks for the pictures.
    A couple of hours walking about today.l,m looking forward to the cold less windy weather.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I definitely haven’t bern successful in getting every day. Bit have been much more active so classing it as a win!

mogrim

Felicidades @scotroutes from deepest darkest Spain 🙂

Another run today – did some short but intense intervals. Only 40min but we’ve got a bit of a panic going on at work so didn’t have any more time. I’ll go for another walk in a minute.

Earl
    Free Member

Anyone interested in a grease the grove – working from home – 100/200/300 club challenge tomorrow?

We decide on the exercise of the day. We have between 830 and 530 to do the total number. Post up in WhatsApp etc as we go along.

Choice of…
    100 pull/chin ups
    200 press-ups
    3 min worth of handstands
    300 parallel bar(kitchen stool) leg lifs
    Or something else?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I would,but the hospitals are full at the moment.

Earl
    Free Member

200 press-ups in 8 hours.

That’s 12 per half hour. 6 per 15 min. It will barely raise the heart rate.

twistedpencil

I dunno, taking 8hours to do 200 press ups will work that core 🙂

When in the office I’d aim for 500 a day but I can’t get motivated when working at home.

Earl if you post it on here I might join in tomorrow and see how it goes…

Happy birthday Scotroutes!

sirromj

Definitely didn’t think you were in your 60s Scotroutes. Happy birthday!

Upperbodyweight here this evening. About an 1 hours worth. Some laundry sorting during the rests between sets. I guess if I find the first set of 5 pull ups harder than the 2nd or 3rd I’ve probably not warmed up those muscle groups enough. Pull ups 25 total. Dips 21 total. Bodyweight rows 40 total. Clappy push ups 12 total, regular push ups 23 total.

@earl
    , I’m not feeling committed, but it is tempting. Would go for push ups, 12 every half hour you say…

Earl
    Free Member

Cool. Obviously you can up the numbers or double triple up if you want. 🙂

The fun part is calling it at the beginning of the day then seeing it play out.

Earl
    Free Member

Yep – 12 every half hour is easy. Worth mixing it up too – norms, narrows, Hindu, clap, chest slap, deficit, archer…. Lots of fun!

Grease the groove – for those who haven’t heard of it – aim is not to go till failure.

Right – 830 start. I’ll post up here my days goal then.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Yesterday was my first missed day. A sleepless night, 12hr shift and a late dinner saw me heading to bed rather than finding something to do for 30mins. Thought I’d feel guilty but it’s not too bad. Another 12hr today so I’ll definitely need to do a bit tonight.

Earl
    Free Member

Ok for anyone who’s wants to join today.

200 press ups – go!

munrobiker
    Free Member

200 press ups – go!

**** off!

ahsat

Well this time, this is me checking of out the challenge for the foreseeable. P20 has COVID and imagine I’m heading that way too. Going to take it easy – but will keep checking in here to see how you are all doing. Good luck with the press ups!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Sorry to hear it. I’m amazed that so few people have dropped off due to illness so far.

scotroutes

Ah, bollocks. Take care (both of you). Don’t push yourself too hard/too quickly on return to exercise.

Earl
    Free Member

200 press ups – go!

hey – Anyone doing this? How is it going?

claudie

Look after yourselves ahsat, you’ll be missed

jodafett

Yeah, take care ahsat.

Earl
    Free Member

No one huh? Oh well.

Pulling tomorrow if you wanna play – 100 pull/chin/Aussie/TRX between 8:30 and 5pm.

sirromj

No sorry. I’m at work this week and while the office where I work is a very informal environment I’d feel a bit awkward doing 12 push ups every half hour! Will definitely give it a go on one of my weeks off. I’ve never tried doing a large number spread throughout the day so curious to know how well I might do. Went for a half hour brisk lunch time walk today, going to do 30min of yoga once kids in bed. Elbows quietly murmuring to me throughout the day after yesterday evening’s exercise.

Earl
    Free Member

I’ve never tried doing a large number spread throughout the day so curious to know how well I might do.

TBH – its easy. Number sound high but its so spread out. I can only do around 30 press ups max so today I did 10per set for 20 sets. All done by 12:30 without pushing it. I just made a rule every time I got out of my chair, for coffee/wee/parcel delivery. And taking my eyes away from the screen every 30min is a good thing. Finished each set with a downward dog too.

Its the opposite of ‘Muscle and Fitness’ style intensity training but I think it still has its benefits. And there is nothing stopping you doing the last 50 with high intensity if you wanted.

Tomorrows pull ups I’ll need to warm up to (showing the age of my cranky elbows) so it will look something like 1,1,1,2,2,4,8,8,8,7,7,6,5,5,5,,4,4,4,4,4,3,3,3,3,3,3,2,2,2,2,2,2… until I ring the bell.

sirromj

Fun facts: Guiness World Records documented the first record for push-ups way back in 1965 when Charles Linster completed 6,006 push-ups non-stop. This was then broken by Japanese Minoru Yoshida in 1980 with 10,507 push-ups. Also 46000 in 24 hours.

scotroutes

Out for a couple of hours on the single speed Onion. Visited a collapsed chambered Cairn. Stashed a beer for our beerienteering group. Checked out some forest harvesting. Slipped and slid over some rooty trails. Discovered another riverside track I’d somehow missed.

twistedpencil

@Earl, sorry work swamped me today, did two sets of 80 by 10, then spent the rest of my day fighting Word….

Earl
    Free Member

80 per set? FFS!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ahsat, hope you’re both back in time to complete the challenge, fighting fit.

Earl, am down for the pulling but haven’t managed more than a couple in a day since my teens. Can you recommend a website?

twistedpencil

Earl, I started a couple of years ago on holiday when my lad challenged me to do 20 press ups and it bloody hurt.  When I was a teenager I could do 50 no worries, and I kinda of just thought I still could.  Anyway I resolved to get back to 50, and just started plugging away.  First just doing 50 a day, then slowly bumping it up.

Lockdown has plateaued my attempts to do repeated sets at 100.  I can do 100 but struggle to repeat it.

Just an odd thing that got stuck in my head, also its helped with smashing through rock gardens so have seen bike fitness improvements.

I’m going to pick it up.again in the new year, at the moment I’m enjoying riding everyday for this challenge so not feeling motivated to crash out press ups.

Earl
    Free Member

@thestabiliser
    For body weight stuff – I like what these guys have to say.

Their vids are less of a program but more delivery of useful knowledge around the whole topic of pull/chin ups.

My 2 cents – Injury prevention comes first by a long way – then look at numbers.

A full unassisted pull up is really hard on the body compared to a pressup or a squat or lunge. And I’m talking about the joint/ligament/tendon stuff.

Prep movements – Start with tonnes of dead and active hangs, body weight rows, negatives. Give your body time to adapt. These are obviously good for warmup too.

Don’t drop down from the top (i.e. violent movement from high to low)- that’s mega shoulder injury territory. If you can’t lower yourself down with control then drop your numbers and do the regressions above.

Get a bar at home – every time you walk past it – do a few preps or a pull or two. Much like these 100 challenges – little and often – not max sets – save those for when you really wanna bust it out i.e. once a week.

Hand positions work different muscles – Palms away/ facing/ alternate. Do them all.

If you’re 30y or younger – ignore all the above and just pull like ****!

Have fun!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

On a similar but less fanatical theme, I did 80 minutes exercise at my local park gym.This included,15 minutes of pull ups,push downs and rowing.I agree with Earl’s point about sudden release from dips etc and the probability of shoulder damage.I have caused some damage that way myself.
    On a brighter note,last night I bopped for 80 minutes to “Substance”by New Order.It was an enjoyable change and I still got a good sweat on!Hope your all well and ahsat is recovering.Neil

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

PS…in case your wondering what my New Order moves looked like.Think clapping gurning chimp goading an enemy troop.You won’t be far of.

.Think clapping gurning chimp goading an enemy troop.

I feel ya buddy!

scotroutes

1000!!

Out for a couple of hours muddy riding with mates and back to the pub to celebrate my birthday.

Sorry for the shoddy photo. It’s the only one I took.

Loch Garten in moonlight.

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,268 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.