Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 100% Briskers but for warmer months
  • cb200
    Free Member

OK, winter’s officially over (?!) and time to break out the thinner gloves, except one of my Fox Rangers has vanished!

So I bought some Ion gloves with thin synthetic leather palm, and four rides later realised how much I miss the ultra-thin palm feel of my 100% Briskers.

So you’ll be seeing the Ion ones in the classifieds soon, but to prevent another expensive mistake, please can I have advice; do all 100% gloves have the same thin palm?

I’m open to anything not too garish under £30 posted.

Thanks

submarined
    Free Member

Troy Lee XCs are pretty decent. That or just more Rangers. Big fan of both of these, both have just the right amount of padding for me.(i.e. not much)
    Don’t be tempted by the Troy Lee Aces. They are minimal but the cuff is stupid. I found them impossible to get on.

sirromj

Was going to recommend the 100% iTrack glove, spring/summer version, but discontinued. Finding it good for current weather 6-10 C. They don’t have an annoying chunky velcro tab that never stays closed for longer than 2 seconds either.

razorrazoo

Yep TLD XC for me too, I also have Briskers for the colder months. Been using TLD XC for years now and see no need to change.

geex
    Free Member

No gloves and Sensus grips

cb200
    Free Member

No gloves!? That’s mental. And probably illegal.

TBH I can’t remember the last time I rode without gloves. Maybe I’ll give it a go tomorrow.

riklegge

@geex how do you find the sensus grips in the wet? Still okay without gloves?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Endura Danny macaskill signatures.

Super thin doesn’t feel like a glove but enough that when you crash (happens occasionally when your not out mincing ) that you don’t shread your palms on granite.

geex
    Free Member

They’re the best grips made for riding gloveless in the wet (or with sweaty hands if you get that)
    The ribs wick moisture away.

I’d recommend everyone not try braking on granite with their palms. it’s a pretty stupid thing to do gloves or not.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well it is. But I’m not such a riding God I can plan when I take an emergency dismount

geex
    Free Member

no one can. But we can all choose not to use our palms to try and stop.
    I crash more than you do.

please don’t turn into Cynic-al

DezB
    Free Member

Got my son some 100% gloves at BPW , looks like they’re called Ridecamp (ahem). Palm is very thin (thinner than my Briskers’) and has 100% in grippy stuff printed on it.

stumpy120
    Free Member

100% Celium

windyg
    Free Member

100% Ridecamp are pretty much the same as Rangers

My go to Spring/summer gloves are 100% Itrack or TLD Air

For winter Monton thermal

chrisdw
    Free Member

Royal Quantum are my go-to for thin gloves.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘100% Briskers but for warmer months’ is closed to new replies.