Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 10 year old XT mech – new jockey wheels.
  • andyinthorne
    Free Member

got back into biking last year and bought a specialized cambre comp carbon…… 8 months and about 600 miles later – new wheels, headset, BB and forks…. etc. due to the supersonic bill i’ve decided to run my old dawes edge hardtail in shit conditions. I looked on crc for new jockey wheels and they came up at over £30 anyone know a better way of going on? at this rate i might have to take @$%&ing chess!!!!!!!!

devash
    Free Member

Why did you need all that kit for the Camber? Stuff worn out or fancied upgrading?

See if you can find a cheap second hand XT mech (I’m presuming its a 9 speed if its 10 years old?) that hasn’t had much usage might be the way to go. You can either swap the jockey wheels over or the whole mech.

orangeboy
    Free Member

You don’t have to fit xt ones

Cheaper shimano 9 speed ones should only be a few pounds

stoffel
    Free Member

^That, or Tacx,which have done me really well. Replaced a set of XTRs which lasted about 3 months with Taxc wheels, and they’re still going strong years later.

devash
    Free Member

How about these?

click

welshfarmer

Those would work. Count how many teeth you have and go for it. I tend to use the alloy ones as they have replaceable bearings, but have found the tolerances on the cheaper ones on Ebay to be a bit hit and miss. KCNC are great but expensive.

njee20
    Free Member

They’ll be 11 tooth. Tacx will be fine, or the cheap Shimanos.

bails

Decathlon sell the Tacx ones if there’s a store near you. I used them on a Shimano road mech and the squeaking that was driving me mad has all gone now.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup Rollerboys here. Not exactly XT quality but they work fine

andyinthorne
    Free Member

thanks everyone – really appreciate your comments. probable get the plastic ones for less than £10.00 from wiggle. i’m sure they will do the job.

All parts on the cambre are worn out. Soooo disappointing replacing parts on it – especially the forks (reba’s) but i guess thems the breaks!

having a cheeky blast at dalby before doing some work at Go-Ape tomorrow – knackered forks or not!

devash
    Free Member

What was up with the forks if you don’t mind me asking? Rebas shouldn’t wear out after 600 miles.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Defo Tacx, used them loads & still using them on my 10sp XT mech.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘10 year old XT mech – new jockey wheels.’ is closed to new replies.