Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 228 total)
  • 10 weeks AND 10KG to Loose (1st 8lbs in oldmoney) Anyone fancy a challenge?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Whats wrong with road bikes for their own sake, lets face it none of us are 'training' to be national XC champ.

I just ride whatever bike I feel like, and over the winter the road bike just makes sense, can get a couple of hours riding in, put bike back in the shed and it wont cost me a penny in wear on parts. The mountain bike could easily eat £20 in parts on a bad day!

DaddyFool
    Free Member

Me
    thisisnotaspoon
    Chucky (aka Vortex Racing)
    tiger_roach
    Swift
    takisawa2
    TheDoctor
    AndrewBF (5kg)
    lrd (5kg)
    toys19
    Jamie
    ianpinder
    stevio
    Dimmadan
    neninja
    Diawl
    FROGLEEK
    Bedds (6kg)
    andy7t2
    Toasty
    thegreatape
    DaddyFool (7kg)

Breathe in lads….I'll just squeeze in at the bottom here…cheers. Email on its way.

Ti29er
    Free Member

£999 at Halfords. CF jobbie that's all the rave reviews are about.

Rutland Water – sounds flat, or are you Jesus on wheels?

Right now a mtn bike 'round these parts on the minor roads makes perfect sense as they're are in a dreadful state. In the winter it makes sense too as you have more contact patch with the wet, slippery road surfaces. I sold my Trek 2300 on eBay last week (£461) as it never left the shed.

Toasty

Wow, lots of people joined in now, if we all lost the claimed weight that'd be the equivalent of one of these according to google:

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Be interesting to see how we do as a collective, and who loses the highest percentage of initial body mass.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So far,

User weight target height bmi
    toys19 90 80 #DIV/0!
    swift 100 90 178 31.56
    Andrew Falkingbridge 88 83 #DIV/0!
    The Doctor 86 75 186 24.86
    Ian Pinder 172.3 #DIV/0!
    Chucky 71 63 162.5 26.89
    Jamie 70 67 170 24.22
    Toys 19 90 80 168 31.89
    takisawa2 104.5 94.5 175 34.12
    Stevio 82 #DIV/0!
    Simon 84 74 #DIV/0!
    frogleek 95 85 #DIV/0!
    toasty 97.7 87.7 #DIV/0!
    andy7t2 89 79 185 26
    Garry_lager 100.9 93.9 183 30.13
    The great ape 117 107 #DIV/0!
    lrd 80.5 70.5 170 27.85
    spacemonkey 87.3 77.3 #DIV/0!
    Bedds 74.4 64.4 #DIV/0!
    Daddy fool 86.8 78.2 #DIV/0!
    #DIV/0!

Ti29er
    Free Member

Just looking at these figures and one leaps out: The Doctor.
    To go from 86 to 75kg is asking a huge amount. That would leave you with a BMI of 21.6. (I guessed a DOB 1970)
    I've been down to that BMI and there was nothing of me, you could see striations in my back & shouldre muscles and people kept asking me what was wrong, if I was ill (I'd been solo trekking in the High Andes for 2+ weeks).

Vortexracing

Ti29er, how do you work out your final BMI?

In fact TINAS how did you work it in the first place as I haven't a clue what mine was

Jamie
    Free Member

@thisisnotaspoon

Can you change my target weight to 66.5kg. Might as well make it 10.5stone as it has a certain ring to it :mrgreen:

Tiger6791

@thisisnotaspoon

Tiger6791 weight 92kg target 82kg Height 180cm BMI 28.3

Just done 1hr 30 mins on turbo HR monitor says 1242 Cals

takisawa2

2-days in & alls well.
    Have resisted jaffa-cakes at work & surprisingly resisted usual fridge binge-fest with the boys when we came in ravenous tonight. Just had nice "treat"…meringue nest with strawberries, blueberries & creme freche.
    Off to MachX / CyB Fri so hopefully burn a few calories there. 😉

maxray
    Free Member

Fair play to you all. I am trying the slower method of moderation and a bit more exercise. Have cut back mid week alcohol and upper my commuting distance and shed about 6 or 7 lb on the last month. It will take longer to get there but I think I will ne able to maintain it. Good luck!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

BMI = weight in kg divided by height in meters, squared

eg

Thisisnotaspoon is 87kg, 1.81m tall

87/(1.81*1.81) = 26.55

Tiger6791

Grilled Chicken salad, game of squash booked for 3pm.

I can feel the fat melting away. Only 9 weeks 4 days to go

Bedds
    Free Member

A tough group ride last night and jacket spud with salmon for lunch.. I'm also feeling good – even the cold seems to have faded today 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'm off the rails, had a cake with lunch today and had to have a sandwich before bed last night as there was nothign left in me!

Off to Swinley top session jump gulley untill i can't walk anymore.

oldgit
    Free Member

Where do I sign in?
    76k need to be down to 70 ideally 66.

Tiger6791

had a cake with lunch today and had to have a sandwich before bed last night

This is not a problem and there is room to get this back.

Cake = 350 Cals
    S/W = 400 Cals

So on the turbo or a quick hours ride and bad work undone! Back on track no reason to give up 😆

endurobadger
    Free Member

count me in 🙂

no chips for me post ride tonight then.

Jamie
    Free Member

I'm off the rails, had a cake with lunch today….

Burn him!!!!

I just had a pint so guess i should torch myself while we are at it :mrgreen:

AndrewBF
    Free Member

What is the end date for this challenge? (I don't have a calendar to hand…)

Vortexracing

My date is the end of June or I lose the bet with my 14 year old daughter

😥

Jamie
    Free Member

My target is 10 weeks…but with a sufficient gap in the middle for the WC. So say end of July maybe? 😉

stevio

did ok first few days until chicken burger and chips at lunchtime, but keeping off snacks, so maybe not too bad? Did have pear tonight with chicken & pasta 🙂

hmm 82kg/(1.68*1.68)= 29.07 gulp… hides head in shame

oh and target is to lose 6kg too….it's going to hurt…

toys19
    Free Member

hmm 82kg/(1.68*1.68)= 29.07 gulp… hides head in shame

Ohh dear I'm 90kg/(1.68*1.68)= 31.88 gulp… hides whole body, especially stomach chest and double chin, in shame.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Hmm promising so far, (Saturday being my normal weighing day) with 1.5 kg gone in the last 7 days. No snacks, but 3 normal meals and just leaving some of the carbs once full.

Tiger6791

Not promissing also, depsite eating really well and uping my exercise a lot it would appear that I have gained weight 😕

We'll see what the magic scales say tomorrow

Vortexracing

I was doing OK till friday night, BBQ's and beer don't seem to help the diet at all. 🙁

and thats after a big ride in the peaks yesterday, I must have sweated 2-3lbs out. Bloody hell it was hot

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Well I've ridden 4 times in the last week and been to the gym twice, cant be too bad!

Bad stuff this week……
    Girlfriends mars bar cheescake (it's as bad for you as it sounds)
    1 bag of tangfastics and 1 bag of jelly babies (whilst riding so dont count).
    A Cider and a beer on Saturday evening and a lager on Sunday.

On the really bad side…..
    I just found a hole in my tooth so big its bleeding out of it! Time for a trip to the dentist and a new resolution to lay off the jelly babies and cider as well.

Bedds
    Free Member

Birthday weekend for me just gone, so that was a fairly hefty amount of eating out.. went for healthy options but still…

On the plus side, I rode for 3 hours yesterday 🙂

Tiger6791

right going for a run in a bin liner

Tiger6791

WEIGH IN DAY!!!

14st 6lbs this morning

Thats -1 lb (hopeing for a better week this week)

email sent to thisisnotaspoon@yahoo.co.uk

andy7t2
    Free Member

i'll have to send my weight in tom as i'm working all day and cant get to the gym to weigh myself

Diawl
    Free Member

83Kg this morning. That's 1Kg lost. I put my figures into the NHS BMI calculator and it's come up with a BMI of 28.7!!!
    BTW, the Primal Blueprint seems to work. I've cut out grains and alcohol. I don't feel lethargic any more and my hay fever hasn't materialised yet. Had a blip last week as it was my lad's 18th and our 5th wedding anniversary so had a couple of glasses of sparkling wine and small slice of chocolate cake but the rest of the time it's been veggies (lots), meat, fish and fruit (lots). I feel fookin' great!

takisawa2

104.6kg.

Gained 0.1kg. Dont understand, have cut cals to 1200-1500 / day. Had weekend in Wales biking, couple of hard(ish) rides in silly temps. Couple of local rides also. But fell foul of a couple of cans & nibbles at Birthday party last night.
    Must try harder. Starting with SS bash tonight.
    Not happy. Expected better.

Vortexracing

was down by 3lb on friday morning, got on the scales this morning and put 2 of the buggers back on!!!

only lost 1lb this week, pretty gutted.

anyway must stop typing and get on with my yoghurt 😥

Jamie
    Free Member

Dont understand, have cut cals to 1200-1500 / day

I would assume you have cut calories too much and your body has switched to starvation mode.

83Kg this morning. That's 1Kg lost. I put my figures into the NHS BMI calculator and it's come up with a BMI of 28.7!!!
    BTW, the Primal Blueprint seems to work. I've cut out grains and alcohol. I don't feel lethargic any more and my hay fever hasn't materialised yet. Had a blip last week as it was my lad's 18th and our 5th wedding anniversary so had a couple of glasses of sparkling wine and small slice of chocolate cake but the rest of the time it's been veggies (lots), meat, fish and fruit (lots). I feel fookin' great!

So is it worth buying the book then? Or just cherry pick info off the website?

…have you cut out or cut down on grain?

Diawl
    Free Member

The book is quite amusing but probably not everyone's cup of tea, so you could probably get away with just using stuff of the web site. I find it good for motivation though. I've cut out grains altogether, so no bread, no rice, no pasta etc. Nothing that's processed or refined. I really do feel much better for it. I feel tired after riding and exercising but not lethargic like I was.

oldgit
    Free Member

Four and a bit hours on the road Sunday.
    No naughty stuff except a glass of red wine. Using water as a substitute for snacks which is were I go wrong.
    Scales bust, but will try and get weighed before my next ride otherwise it's just going to show water loss.

Jamie
    Free Member

Diawl – Member
    The book is quite amusing but probably not everyone's cup of tea, so you could probably get away with just using stuff of the web site. I find it good for motivation though. I've cut out grains altogether, so no bread, no rice, no pasta etc. Nothing that's processed or refined. I really do feel much better for it. I feel tired after riding and exercising but not lethargic like I was.

So your still eating all vegetables, well apart from spuds i assume? Also you eating stuff chickpeas/other legumes?

Is this going to be a long term thing?

Sorry for the 20questions, just curious as you are the only one doing the primal thing at the mo 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 228 total)

The topic ‘10 weeks AND 10KG to Loose (1st 8lbs in oldmoney) Anyone fancy a challenge?’ is closed to new replies.