Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 228 total)
  • 10 weeks AND 10KG to Loose (1st 8lbs in oldmoney) Anyone fancy a challenge?
  • Tiger6791

Anyway here is my balanced lunch.

200g of grilled chicken breast
    leaf salad
    Muller light
    Blueberries

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ok guys – I just read the thread again and Monksie and toys19 were both laying into me in a rather nasty manner after I last saw the thread which after monksies stupid post which he neither justified or corrected I found a bit off.

I have made my point then. Toys – call me a bully – go back and reaed the nasty stuff you posted about me

Tiger6791

It's bad enough that we are dieting like women, handbags at dawn ladies 😆

al_f
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Brekie: asda smart price sawdust (aka: vitality, special k, rice flakes, etc)

Lunch: About 200g of pasta and cous-cous, and a bit of spinnach.

Dinner: Probably soup and a couple of rolls

25g whey protein after swimming and 25g after gym tonight, plus a multi vit, condroitin for my knee, and some vit C and zinc so my imune system doesnt take a knock.

Vortexracing

I've just had chicken salad followed by a yoghurt as well Tiger.

Off out up to Farleton knott tonight on the BFe for some fun and 50 mile commute tomorrow.

I had better look like an Greek Adonis after all this hardwork/sacrifice.

Looking outside the window and it's a perfect lunctime for a cold 'Newcy brown' in the beer garden. 😥

25g whey protein after swimming and 25g after gym tonight, plus a multi vit, condroitin for my knee, and some vit C and zinc so my imune system doesnt take a knock.

Bloody hell thats sounds serious TINAS. am I going to have to resort to that stuff?

toys19
    Free Member

It's Ok international rescue has found my handbag, I feel more magnanimous now..

I'm off for steak and salad – no carbs.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

I'm in but snapped my medial ligament on my knee a week ago so can only do light training rides to get my strength back.
    Will start tomorrow!

neninja
    Free Member

Bugger – discipline let me down again at lunchtime = 1 totally delicious and rather large bacon and fried egg bun.

Oh well I rode in to work today and riding home the long way plus a 15-20k XC ride planned for this evening with a friend so I'm not feeling too guilty.

Tiger6791

I really don't get all this stuff.

So if I go on the turbo tonight for an hour should I drink some whey after and what will it do?

Do I have to include it in my 2000 cals per day?

Should I drink some before?

Should I drink some after?

Is it better than Guinness?

Jamie
    Free Member

I just had a Quorn Lasagne for me dinner with some salad, now just snacking on blueberries.

My biggest problem is making up for the 20-30miles running i usually do weekly as i am now 99% i have knackered my Peroneal tendon in my left foot 😐

Bugger – discipline let me down again at lunchtime = 1 totally delicious and rather large bacon and fried egg bun.

You lasted half a day…thats' weak bro 😉

Incidentally is anyone going full blow no carbs or just cutting down?

Diawl
    Free Member

I'm looking to lose about the same as the OP so I'm in. I'm 5' 7" and 84Kg. Started yesterday with intense bodyweight & kettlebell workout followed by a quick blast through the woods followed by prawns and veg. Just had tuna and salad followed by a few strawberries for lunch and will do about an hour long ride this evening.

Ordered the Primal Blueprint book yesterday so will be interesting to see what that advocates.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ordered the Primal Blueprint book yesterday so will be interesting to see what that advocates.

I have been thinking about getting it as well. Thing is i would not be trying properly until after the world cup as i know i will be drinking during that time.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I just make up a milkshake with it in the evening, 25g is about 100 calories, and supprisingly filling as protein takes longer to digest.

If I know my meals arent going ot involve much protein (soups, sallads etc) then I have another in the morning after excercise.

Always best to drink it imediately after excercise. And only really after hard excercise, I wouldnt bother after a gentle road ride or a commute. Its got the added benifit of helping the body absorb sugar/carbs into the muscles rather than getting a sugar rush or turning them into fats.

And yes, its probably better for you than guniness, but far less tasty.

monksie
    Free Member

Oh my very word. Apologies to all contributors who are enjoying a constructive discussion.
    Jeremy. 2:1. Sports Science with Human Biology. Chester College. What do I know?
    I bow to your greater knowledge and understanding if Wikipedea rates higher.
    I'm going to try and find a link to the (all be it quite recent) papers that have theorised (at least but I'm sure were rereferenced, tested and published) that damage to cells caused by extreme fatigue stress leached protein and that replenishing protein during this period was massively beneficial in the reduction of prolonged damage to type 1 and 2 fast twitch muscle fibres.
    Deleted what I had previously typed. I'm too old to be carrying on in that manner 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

I've steered clear of the whole 'protein shake' thing after a friend told me they give him the runs every time he drinks one.

The mad fool still drinks them as he says it stops him going into munchie frenzy after a ride.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Monksie. Its a pointless debate really but I have degrees as well in related areas- and other training in physiology. I have also followed and read the original research in this area as well.

don't bother with the quoting – just reread the post I criticised. maybe you were trying to oversimplify but what you posted is simply wrong. Perhaps you got confused.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Never given me the squits, is he lactose intolerant?

But yes, great for stavein off the post ride instinct to eat anythign and everything in the cuppboard. Just need the willpower to drink it then wait half an hour while the urge subsides. Usualy I fail and scoff a packet of jelly babies as well :p

Monksie, would you recomend taking some kind of protein supplement on a ride then? The bars are always a bit heavy, but a couple of film cannisters of powder to add to water wouldnt be too bad.

monksie
    Free Member

"just reread the post I criticised. maybe you were trying to oversimplify but what you posted is simply wrong. Perhaps you got confused."

**Comment deleted again. I'm trying hard to be polite.**

Spoonie. That would do it. Liquid intake is preferable as it will be secreted much faster than in solid form. Don't over do it though and only really when you are right royally beasting yourself – oo-er! :-}

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Count me in for 10 in 10
    thisisnotaspoon YGM

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Monksie – it is simply wrong to say what you did about protein being "leached from cells" thats not how metabolism / catabolism / anabolism works. As for this "Liquid intake is preferable as it will be secreted much faster than in solid form"

secreted from where? Do you understand what the words leached and secreted mean? Clearly not. Presumably you mean absorbed not secreted

Anyway – carry on with your snake oil and your arrogant ignorance.

monksie
    Free Member

Protein in fluid form consumed by spoonie and then secreted through the g- oh sod it, I really can't be bothered Tedium Jeremy. I'm beaten and broken.
    Apologies for the disruption everyone.

toys19
    Free Member

degrees as well in related areas

Come on then back it up what degree's from which institution?

Jamie
    Free Member

Protein in fluid form consumed by spoonie and then secreted through the g-

Oh i hate a cliffhanger!

Vortexracing

Apologies for the disruption everyone

no need to apologise, it's actually quite entertaining.

yes, I don't get out much. 😳

Now you lot should kiss and make up over a curry and a few pints 😆

toys19
    Free Member

Just had steak salad with olive oil, cheddar and a pint of water. Apparently you need to keep hydrated…. Tonight its chicken and salad.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

TJ

Secreted or leached – something passing out of something else

Absorbed – the opposite

I'd agree with monksie, he's describing it form the stomach/GI tract's POV so it is indeed secreeting (from the bloods POV it's being absorbed).

And while you're being pedantic, you fialed to notice we're even (shock horror) using the term 'weight' when we mean 'mass'. Dear god the world will end, will anything save our souls?

Bedds
    Free Member

I'd like to take part please..

currently 11st 10..

Would like to lose 6kg..

I don't have a handbag to hurl around though, can I still join in? 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have a read of a physiology textbook and of a dictionary – you might just learn something.

Last from me on this one and I do apologise for the hijack but the misuse of technical terms and confusion over physiology really annoys me.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

don't let your handbag catch on the door on your way out :-p

Any newcomers, drop me a mail with starting weight (this morning, or whenever is fine, but tuesday morning is official weigh in day from now on), target weight, height, and (if you have scales that tell you) body fat %.

Jamie
    Free Member

(if you have scales that tell you) body fat %.

…or just make a figure up for all the accuracy it will have 😉

organic355
    Free Member

Tiger6791 – Member
    Anyway here is my balanced lunch.

200g of grilled chicken breast
    leaf salad
    Muller light
    Blueberries

Replace the Muller, with a Miller and then your talking!!

andy7t2
    Free Member

i'll join you lot on this one but only looking at 7 kilos in 10 weeks, i'll get weighed tonight and email you later

Diawl
    Free Member

Received the book mentioned above, The Primal Blueprint, this afternoon. My favourite bit so far – "Americans will always do the right thing – after they've exhausted all the alternatives." Attributed to Sir Winston Churchill.

Jamie
    Free Member

iawl – Member
    Received the book mentioned above, The Primal Blueprint, this afternoon. My favourite bit so far – "Americans will always do the right thing – after they've exhausted all the alternatives." Attributed to Sir Winston Churchill.

Read the whole thing tonight and let me know if it is worth getting please :mrgreen:

…also, is there much in there no on the website?

Toasty

Still time for a late entry? Chucking an email now!

Cheers

Tiger6791

Porridge & Coffee for breakie,
    Kit for luntime run,
    Bowl of fruit on desk,
    Squash Court booked for tomorrow.

1 day down can't see any instant results yet, soldier on……

Jamie
    Free Member

1 day down can't see any instant results yet, soldier on……

I would give it up mate 😉

…and for no reason at at all here is a pic of my tea from last night:

Today's food will mostly be:

Porridge with Cinnamon
    Morrison's Lentil/Veg Soup with a bit of wholemeal bread.
    Chicken StirFry ….possibly sans noodles.

Go slalom kayaking tonight, but more importantly a visit to the docs in an hour or so to check out how **** my Peroneal tendon is in my left foot. This may force me to go *gah!* swimming instead of running 😐

Tiger6791

We are women. 😐

Jamie
    Free Member

Tiger6791:
    We are women.

'fraid so.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 228 total)

The topic ‘10 weeks AND 10KG to Loose (1st 8lbs in oldmoney) Anyone fancy a challenge?’ is closed to new replies.