Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 10 Bikes of the Highland Trail 550
  • stwhannah

10 Bikes of the Highland Trail 550

I’ll do another story if I get more sent to me, this was just this morning’s batch!

matt_outandabout

Amazing how little folk are carrying – and how neatly so many are packed.

Bon voyage all – not sure what the weather holds next week…but I will be dot watching.

NewRetroTom

A lot of suspension and gears there for the trail to destroy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whitestone
    Free Member

Amazing how little folk are carrying .

Not really, you only really need bivy kit (mandatory this year) and tools to repair things. Then it’s just what extra cold/wet weather clothing you think might be needed and room for food.

and how neatly so many are packed.

That’ll change!

I know at least two riders are going singlespeed, one of whom might just be first back! The other will be on a rigid Jones.

whitestone
    Free Member

Missed the edit window …

There are three riders who, should they complete the ride, will be the oldest to have done so. Mike Sheldrake – 63, Ian Macnab – 65 & Chris Johnstone – 66

thegeneralist
    Free Member

There are three riders who, should they complete the ride, will be the oldest to have done so. Mike Sheldrake – 63, Ian Macnab – 65 & Chris Johnstone – 66

Doesn’t that kinda depend which order they finish in ?

/PedantMode

martinhutch

Thanks for this Hannah. Some really interesting setups, although I’m not sure how anyone is going to see Lars Henning’s rear light!

ianpv
    Free Member

I was very glad to be on a suspension bike in 2017. Not sure I could face AXS anxiety though – although that is probably my luddite tendencies more than anything rational. I’m sure it must be waterproof 🙂

slartibartfast

Ian, you cynic, it’ll be fine.

Now whether I am is a different matter!!

You still on SP Rd? Tom V

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Chris Johnstone – 66

One of the nicest men in MTB world. A smile, a kind word, then he’ll rip your legs off.

A true gentleman.

didnthurt

I rode with Steve Waters on the 2020 CL300 group start ride. He’s a strong rider.

I’m pretty jealous of everyone, maybe I’ll have a crack at it next year.

Wish all who enter have good weather and dry trails.

robertajobb

Here’s hoping everyone has a great event, the weather is kind, and the midges don’t have a feeding frenzy.

I SOOOOO hope there’ll be a subsequent write up / ST article to inspire 🙏

ianpv
    Free Member

Hi Tom – nope, we’ve moved out to Backwell. Hope you have a good ride – bike looks great!

matt_outandabout

It’s rather wet this morning, and the forecast has a couple of wet days Monday and Tuesday.

Do we have a link to dot watching site?

whitestone
    Free Member

Do we have a link to dot watching site?

Here you go …
    http://trackleaders.com/highland21

I really hope it’s not as wet as 2019 – Alan (Goldsmith) posted a shot of a raging “river” and I couldn’t place it. It turned out to be a track, the rivers were even worse. I think it was 2015 when Jenny Graham took 24hrs to cross the Abhainn Strath na Sealga in Fisherfield – http://trackleaders.com/highland15i.php?name=Jenny_Graham, scroll up the map and you’ll come across a mass of pings!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I imagine that a few are on sponsors bikes

letmetalktomark

Why don’t folk use racks – specifically the HTs?

No troll intentions with the comment …. Just curious 🧐

oldnick

I wondered the same, then remembered the joys of bike touring years ago with too much weight in rear panniers, and the way the front wheel used to launch off sideways even when pushing. The addition of weight at the front to balance the bike improved things no end.
    I was of course carrying a selection of spare kitchen sinks compared to this lot.
    Good luck all 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘10 Bikes of the Highland Trail 550’ is closed to new replies.