Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • 10 at Kirroughtree and 10 Yn Llandegla cancelled :(
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

what a shame! article on homepage now

great events, sad news that bookings are down so much this year. wonder why? 10@KT is an awesome event, which i’d have loved to go to again had i had the money.

bugger 🙁

wwaswas

had i had the money

maybe there’s a lot of this going around?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

guess so. am going to be at 10 under the ben (not sure about racing yet…), and i know a lot of ppl racing there.

always been popular events though, so a 70% drop in bookings sounds strange

stumpynya12
    Free Member

I blame the rush to enter SSUK 2012, with all those beer stops and parties and cheese and FUN to be had whilst racing hard.

richmtb

10UTB is the same day as the Glentress Enduro. That won’t help with their entries either

legend
    Free Member

10UTB is the same day as the Glentress Enduro. That won’t help with their entries either

and the Hamsterley Gravity Enduro, good planning guys 🙄 (actually it was the Glentress race that came along last just to really **** things up)

sas78

Shame, but you can’t really blame the No Fuss guys, I heard them saying last year that it’s squeaky bum time close to the event because so many participants wait to see what the weather’s like the week of the event before they book a place. This makes planning tricky, and if there’s a low turnout forecast this early it’s better to bail now. It’s a real shame though as it’s the best of their three tens in my opinion: a superb trail and a nice number of riders. I quite enjoyed Moray too… Will be at 10UTB this year though.

Northwind

I’d signed up for the Allrounder this year, still waiting to hear what happens with that… Not sure I want to do 10UTB again tbh but I was really looking forward to Kirroughtree 🙁

Just as long as the endurance dh goes ahead I shall be happy- they’re a third full for that so hopefully OK.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

and the Hamsterley Gravity Enduro, good planning guys (actually it was the Glentress race that came along last just to really **** things up)

still enough people to run 10UTB though…

and FUN to be had whilst racing hard.

always had fun at no fuss events, even the wet ones – SSUK ’08 was a laugh, but the course wasn’t half as good as no fuss course.

Kit
    Free Member

I’m on holiday when 10 @ Kirroughtree is on, otherwise I’d probably have gone this year. Shame that they have had to cancel, as it always gets raved about!

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

That is a real shame. I made it to all the No Fuss bike events last year and they were all flipping excellent.
    I can be guilty of not entering until the last minute, which must make me one of the awkward customers.

Still looking forward to Macavalanche, 10 Under, endurance DH and Tour De Ben Nevis…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Kirroughtrees the best of the 3 just so damned out the way

I cant commit in advance to these things due to work 🙁

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’d geared my entire racing year around these three :(. Can’t do relentless sadly.

I don’t think other races of an entirely different style like the massively overpriced Gravity Enduro have anything to do with it.

And, having done 2 SSUKs, I’d say all the No Fuss events I did were more fun.

10UTB is on Saturday and the Glentress Enduro is on the Sunday. Quite tough to do both on the same weekend though. I’m going to give both a bash anyway!

mintimperial

I was planning on doing at least one of these, probably the Llandegla one as it would have been nearest. Having a family I need to balance commitments and I can’t just book stuff months in advance as the negotiations are delicate and the diplomatic landscape can change at a moment’s notice. Definitely can’t make it up to Fort William though. Shame. 🙁

cardo

Gutted we were just discussing this tonight for the Llandegla event… 😥

banginon

would anybody be up for an 8 at Drumlanrig

8 mile lap 8 hour race, lo-fi grass roots event

Maybe a ceilidh

7th July 2012

let me know

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

quite like the sound of that… will be based in bristol though, so might not actually be able to make it 🙁

postierich
    Free Member

Prehaps charge cheap for early birds then £10 extra on their price for the last minute guys/gals

Stu

Rik – that sounds pretty good. I’d be up for it and know a few others that would be keen!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Would be keen, but i dont think my scaphoid will be fixed by then 🙁

daveb
    Free Member

I was entered for 10@KT and peeved that its been cancelled. Also doing 10UTB so something to look forward to.

An event like this at Drumlanrig would be brilliant, definitely interested in that if it goes ahead.

euain

It leaves the way clear for Strathpuffer Lite as well. I was conflicted about which one to do this year – now it’s decided (though I really wanted to do both!).

See: Puffer Lite

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

would anybody be up for an 8 at Drumlanrig

8 mile lap 8 hour race, lo-fi grass roots event

Maybe a ceilidh

7th July 2012

let me know

Hell yeah 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

8 at the Drum would be cracking!. Be an excuse for you to divert riders through unridden sections to get some new singletrack, Rik!.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I remember a few years back, A young member of our club, who is now a top 10 DH’er in Scotland, was riding 10 under the ben, and finished very highly, he was only 15 at the time iirc. Someone approached Frazer Coupland, asking if he could mention the young lad, or even stretch to a prize.

His response was no, fair enough, tha’s his call. It was his reasoning that was disgusting. He didn’t want to encourage youngsters, as they got cheap entry, but still took up a space. He wanted full price entries only.

I’m not making that up, the boy and his father will back it up.

banginon

I’ll get on it then…

It’ll be a simple count the laps and time that you stop ‘None o all this technology nonsense’ kinda event.

I’ll try and stretch to a T or mug or something and a BYOB party after.

And, should be a good bit cheaper than the 10 was..

banginon

I’ll get on it then…

It’ll be a simple count the laps and time that you stop ‘None o all this technology nonsense’ kinda event.

I’ll try and stretch to a T or mug or something and a BYOB party after.

And, should be a good bit cheaper than the 10 was going to be..

steve_b77
    Free Member

Aw bugger, you mean I can’t pay to race round a trail centre, oh well

MS
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    I remember a few years back, A young member of our club, who is now a top 10 DH’er in Scotland, was riding 10 under the ben, and finished very highly, he was only 15 at the time iirc. Someone approached Frazer Coupland, asking if he could mention the young lad, or even stretch to a prize.

His response was no, fair enough, tha’s his call. It was his reasoning that was disgusting. He didn’t want to encourage youngsters, as they got cheap entry, but still took up a space. He wanted full price entries only.

I’m not making that up, the boy and his father will back it up.

Never had a problem with Frazer so very hard to believe! Having kids himself it’s very unlikely he said that!

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Second the above, although of course it’s hard to say what’s been said or not (and the tone of the reply).

But in my experience Frazer has always been fantastic, like the year I entered Ten Under the Ben but was too ill (chest infection that, I kept hoping would go but wouldn’t) to take part. I emailed him just to let him know that I wouldn’t be there and he offered to transfer my entry to Kirroughtree for nothing (which I took him up on). There is no reason why he had to do that and I said I was going to enter Kirroughtree anyway, so he could have got two entry fee’s out of me. Hardly the most money grabbing man!

I don’t want to get into who said what or want to put words into someone’s mouth, but can’t help wondering if it might have something more to do with the minimum age for the event being 16, unless cleared with the organiser. Plus can’t ever remember there ever being different entry fee’s on an age based system.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘10 at Kirroughtree and 10 Yn Llandegla cancelled :(’ is closed to new replies.