Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 10-4 good buddy, anyone out there?
  • large418
    Free Member

Back in the mid 80’s a few mates got really in to CB radio, and with all the social media we have surrounding us, I’ve been wondering whether anyone ever uses CB radio now, or is it obsolete? Anyone use it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

see a couple of radio ham guys out when riding as its high up the hill

They both have laptops though but not 100% sure if they are doing that or radio ham or something else

I dont know anyone who has one anymore

CountZero

Used to use it a lot, there were a whole bunch of us used to chat among ourselves on a regular basis, and the wife of one of our group ended up marrying one of my best mates after she got divorced. Was great fun for a while, but I think mobile phones and texting were what did for it, or else people just got bored, and found other things to play with.
    There’s probably still a hard-core group of users out there, but I don’t have a working rig any longer to find out.

Bregante

Pretty much every kid I knew growing up had a Midland 2001.

Marge
    Free Member

When I’m working in Poland, I get to experience my locally based colleague using it in his car.
    Locals share traffic and police control info on it so I’m told

kayak23

That’s a big 10-4.
    How many candles are you burning?
    Over

[video]http://youtu.be/lEzkUqguL_U[/video]

bikebouy
    Free Member

There’s always a gaggle of hammers on the Meon Shore on the Solent pretty much every night. I think they keep the night fishermen warm in the cool evenings 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘10-4 good buddy, anyone out there?’ is closed to new replies.