Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 1 inch or 2.5 inch drop on Gravity Dropper?
  • johnhe

So I’m over the moon. I’ve just realised that I can order quite a cheap retrofit tube for my gravity dropper to give me an additional height. Problem is that there are two options – 1″ or 2.5″.

Has anyone experience with either drop! Before I knew there was a choice I assumed that full up, full down + 1″ drop would be best, but now I’m confussed.

warpcow
    Free Member

I’ve got a 5+1 and wouldn’t really want to change for a 2.5″. The 1″ is perfect for just getting it out of the way but still being able to use the saddle if necessary. It feels like nothing off the bike but makes a big difference on it. I imagine if I had a 2.5″ drop I’d probably just drop it the whole way anyway.

mattjg
    Free Member

Do you mean 1″ vs 2.5″ as a fixed intermediate drop point?

I made a self made stop collar for my 100m Reverb, and I find it works well (for pedally singletrack) at about 26mm, which is an inch of drop. It gets the seat out of the way for standing up but gives just enough support for pedalling.

composite
    Free Member

How much is the 1 inch drop replacement tube?

Simon

On my turbo multi I find the 1″ drop really useful, probably use it more than the full drop.

honourablegeorge

Personally, I’d avoid it.

Snapped the upper post of my Gravitydropper

johnhe

I saw the broken post on another thread. But I’ve heard that simply mounting your post backwards helps guard against this. I guess it’s one of the big disadvantages of a 27.2 post.

It’s only $30 for the other post, so it sounds a lot cheaper than a new, or even second hand Reverb or something.

Simon

I have mine in the frame backwards but to give a better cable routing, didn’t realise it could help prevent snappage until I saw it on here the other day.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘1 inch or 2.5 inch drop on Gravity Dropper?’ is closed to new replies.