Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 1 degree slacker for my xc bike? Quite tempted…..
  • crankrider
    Free Member

Quite tempted by one of these new Works headsets – I used one in the past on one of my bikes but im thinking of getting a headset to put a bit of life back into an old frame…. or do i just buy a new one? (old GT zaskar, USA made & polished – im quite fond of it)

Anyone else thinking of indulging?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

does anyone else do one for 1 1/8″ headtubes?

crankrider
    Free Member

I think cane creek are going to – but i think only these, k9 & CC sell this kind of product dont they?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

saar g7 on the mtbr forum custom makes them from a workshop in Israel

ferrit
    Free Member

If you have a susser, I can recommend these:

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/slacken-head-angle.html

DT78
    Free Member

How do you go about fitting these then? Do the cups need to be in perfect alignment?

crankrider
    Free Member

I did see the ones from Israel, but the price was too much for me, the Works ones are under 1/2 price, especially taking out shipping / duty etc.

The offset bushes look good, but if you have a frame with a specific leverage curve like an intense 951 etc you could mess things up a little – your essentially holding the bike into its travel, its like shortening a shock eye to eye but keeping the stroke the same.

Cheap way of bringing an older frame to life though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Depending on length of headtube you might get an extra .5 degree with the Saar one. I’m very tempted.

crankrider
    Free Member

Ive just gone for a Works one after pondering over it on the lunch break work 🙄

Im not paying an extra £100 for 0.5 of a degree, cant wait to get the old school GT back out now!

xiphon
    Free Member

So these allow normal 1.1/8th headsets to have -1.0 degree?

Do they go to -1.5 or -2.0 ?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

its dicatated by headtube length – ive got a XS yeti 575 with a 3.6″ headtube – was told buy the isreal guy that it would have almost 2 degrees angle change if i wanted – longer headtube means less degree of change as the cups need to be alligned

i used him before for a headset – quick shipping, no duty

im unsure what difference 1 degree makes in the real world

legend
    Free Member

Think of an angleset, shock bush, longer fork combo on an anthem. Probably never get round to doing it, but I bet that would be one fun setup!*

*until it gets snapped

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘1 degree slacker for my xc bike? Quite tempted…..’ is closed to new replies.