1 1/18 forks in a modern frame?

Home Forum Bike Forum 1 1/18 forks in a modern frame?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 1 1/18 forks in a modern frame?
  • z1ppy

You can get an adapter headset

bikeneil

You can get an adapter headset

mcboo

What zippy said. I just fitted 1 1/8 steerer into a oversize headtube with an adapted Chris King headset. Hope have the full range too.

Great thanks guys, I thought this was the case but just wanted to check with the experts!

z1ppy

why come here then? 😉

toys19

My Saracen Zen, factory built, with tapered headtube, came with an 1 1/8th fork…

Premier Icon Lummox
    Subscriber

Just did exactly what you’re asking. I used a hope 11/8 top and 1.5 bottom cup with hopes adapter to fit a 11/8 steerer, the benefit is if I change my forks in the future i can fit either steerer. Also it’s a zero stack so the front end isn’t jacked up like it would be with hopes other headset for 11/8 in a tapered head tube

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Hope’s HS136 adaptor turns your fork into a tapered one by sliding down over the steerer to make it wider.

1.5 crown race then fits onto that.

mcboo

Hope’s HS136 adaptor turns your fork into a tapered one by sliding down over the steerer to make it wider.

Clever that is.

I couldnt get a tapered steerer for my 29″ build so stayed with 1/18. Feels good, 15mm QR helps I guess. Anyone really notice a difference with tapered steerer?

Looking to upgrade my 2008 orange 5 frame to a spangly new frame to take advantage of the 17″ size, maxle and dropper post compatibility. The new frames have a tapered 1 1/18″ > 1.5″ headtube though – will my 2012 Floats with a straight 1 1/18 steerer fit with an adapter, or will I be forced to upgrade the forks?

cheers, Keith

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘1 1/18 forks in a modern frame?’ is closed to new replies.