Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 1 1/8 29er Suspension Forks
  • tootallpaul

Morning all…

Where can I get a 1 1/8 steerer 29er suspension fork? Can I get one? I discovered a crack in the dropout of my venerable Reba forks last night. 🙁 I really don’t want to write off the frame – its a Turner Sultan and is still despite its vintage, a great ride.

20mm bolt through, or a 15mm.

Searched the big stores last night to no avail. Even ebay came back empty…

Cheers all!

Paul

PJay
    Free Member

If you can’t find a fork, there’s a chance you could find some lowers for sale if you’re comfortable that the rest of the fork is sound.

kelron
    Free Member

I’m seeing straight steerer forks on eBay, though most of them are QR. You may have to sift through the listings rather than searching for straight steerer specifically.

You might also be able to get a headset that takes a tapered steerer if your frame has a 44mm headtube.

orangespyderman

I have a Reba RL 15mm 120mm travel with a straight steerer that I could be convinced to part with. Hasn’t been used for a while so could use a service and is currently fitted with a crown race to make it work in a 1.5″ conical steerer. I’m in France but could post. Message me if you’re interested.

mattyfez

https://www.srsuntour.com/products/fork/?Wheel_Size%5B%5D=29%2522&Travel%5B%5D=0&Travel%5B%5D=200

Not many retailers seem to carry stock, not sure why but your LBS should be able to order some in no bother

tootallpaul

Thanks all- Orangespyderman may have resolved my issue…

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I’ve got a 120mm set of manitou 15mm

tootallpaul

Dez- I spotted those on ebay. Not sure about them!

DezB
    Free Member

Cheap though 😀

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Think Planetx had some. I found a bunch of places in the US who had lots, oddly, when I was looking not long ago.

Daffy

One of the Rockshox models, Sector maybe? Is still sold in 1 1/8.

Even some of the latest Fox forks can be had with a straight steerer, but the cost north of £1500.

tootallpaul

All sorted. Found a set of lowers on ebay being sold by the lovely folks at TFTuned.

Forks are away to them on Thursday to have a service and the new lowers fitted.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Paul

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘1 1/8 29er Suspension Forks’ is closed to new replies.