Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • %^$£&ing stans
  • nickc

That’s another valve that’s ripped out of the strip….who wants the half used bottle of goop? I’m done with tubless

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I will take it if you are giving it away 😉
    However before you do that you might want to try Bontrager rim strips (about £2.99 each) and make your own valves from old inner tubes or buy Bontrager ones (about £4 each)
    Have used them on a number of different rims with great success although the strips are tight on Maviv 317/717’s
    Cheers
    Steve

Conor
    Free Member

20″ BMX tube is the way to do it! Never had a failure or a total deflation on the trail (7 months on two bikes).

wildrnes
    Free Member

same happened to me last sunday
    why can’t you send them back for a refund/replacement?

interested in the bontranger strips though

GreenK
    Free Member

Bonty strips are great. I paid £2.99 for each strip and each valve.

http://www.bontrager.com/model/02566/en

Take care as there are several types but unless you have asymmetric rims the “standard or wide” ones should do the job. Remove existing rim strip/tape. Fit Bonty strip. The valve is separate and just needs lining up with the rim strip and tightening up slightly beyond finger tight (in my experience).

Like all tubeless stuff they seal much better/faster with a tubless ready or UST tyre.

imp999
    Free Member

I tried the Bontrager strips but couldn’t get them into my Alex DP17s rims.
    I thought they must be for the specific Bonty rims.

I might dig them out and try again when I get some new wheels (719s anybody?)

wildrnes
    Free Member

just a thought

the valves are being ripped out when filling because they are only really held in with the little collar on one side, i mean if you really wanted to you could tear them off with a pair or plyers couldn’t you

so why not use 2 of those little screwy collar things , one on one side of the rim one on the other, you could then tighten one up against the other

just a thought

boobs

I’ll have your goo Nick, I have no idea what you do to your wheels.

nickc

I’ll bring it on Saturday. Dunno what I do wrong TBH, it’s not rocket science, after all…Might get some proper UST rims next time

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘%^$£&ing stans’ is closed to new replies.