Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 02's woweful network
  • mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Anyone else been kicked off the data connection on their O2 network? Contract might be up for grabs as this is very poor, can’t even call them. They just hang up.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

It’s down today with an issue mate, I was in the store earlier picking up a SIM card and they said there were known issues with 3G and texting.

That was Manchester/Stockport area.

These things happen, 8 years and I’ve never had any signal issues.

cp

I’m on gif gaf so o2 and no problems at all. In fact, much better than EE before.

Could just be a mast near you?

dobo
    Free Member

o2 got issues today, i can make calls but not recieve them, o2 said something about 2 out of 6 cells or something were out?

Pook

o2 used to be ace. Last year the network went down for days at a time. Bloody crap.

stuartm555
    Free Member

Can’t receive calls or texts here either.

http://downdetector.co.uk/problem/o2

CountZero

I’ve got a good signal here, on the west side of Chippenham, and I’ve just tried turning off wifi on my phone, and opened STW, and it’s just opened fine, so I’ve got data.

verses

Voice and text seem fine for me, but data’s been off since before lunch here in Ipswich.

Weirdly, it was affecting my Android but not my mate’s iPhone.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I was on O2 for years. They were fine.
    I’m now on Three, which is a LOT better 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m on gif gaf so o2 and no problems at all.

Giffgaff’s had two major failures in the last week.

mikey74
    Free Member

On O2 here and no problems.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I’ve never had any problems with O2, even during the outages last year everybody else in the office was affected but mine was fine.

z1ppy

Giffgaff here, had issues yesterday, but today mine fine but my partners won’t connect to the service at all. Wierd(ish)

muddyfool

Can make calls but not receive them and no data. Others at work with the same problem. http://status.o2.co.uk says they are working on it.

Conveniently the EE signal at home has recovered after 2 days of not working so at least my own phone is now back and it’s just the work one that’s not!

Stuff breaks occasionally. It always has and always will. Just glad I don’t have to fix it for once 🙂

eskay

Tried to call my brother earlier (I am on Vodafone, he is on O2) and there was nothing, no dialtone, voicemail, ringtone, nothing.

Called his home number and got straight through.

z1ppy

MF, you try telling them on the giffgaff support forums, you’d think the world had ended the way there carrying on 😈

MrNutt
    Free Member

O2 are quite splended, also they have TuGo which is an app that means I can use WiFi for calls, texts & vm

PePPeR

We’ve had our work phones moved from Vodafone to O2,and we are all so disappointed, they are rubbish! I use 3 for my personal phone and its cheap and I expect a few dropped calls. But O2 I always thought of as a premium service provider and so far they are crap! Voda have a far better phone signal and 3 beats all of them for 3G.

Cougar

Some incredibly intelligent and ruggedly handsome chap on Twitter posted about this as it happened this morning.

budgierider67

The O2 network doesn’t extend into Wales in my experience.

luffy105
    Free Member

O2 have countrywide problems. 2 of their hlr’s are down and they are having trouble restarting them. From my understanding it’s not necessarily geographic more to do with the number ranges. It is affecting some O2 users abroad too.

They are pulling out all the stops to fix it apparently.

bigG
    Free Member

luffy105 – Member
    O2 have countrywide problems. 2 of their hlr’s are down and they are having trouble restarting them. From my understanding it’s not necessarily geographic more to do with the number ranges. It is affecting some O2 users abroad too.

They are pulling out all the stops to fix it apparently.

This, and yes, we are. Trust me, we really flipping are.

Views expressed here are mine, and not an official O2 response, but trust me I’m very fricking stressed about it.

Cougar

Mate, as someone who also deals with MSOs, you have my sympathy.

Though, less if you’re spodding on Singletrack rather than fixing it. (-:

Cougar

Just been told, this should now be resolved.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘02's woweful network’ is closed to new replies.