- 8 Download
- 65.85 KB File Size
- July 16, 2018 Create Date
Here at Singletrack Towers, Wordsworth's words on the death of his son perhaps capture some of our feelings on Jenn's death:
...he is taken from me—yet in the agony of my spirit in surrendering such a treasure I feel a thousand times richer than if I had never possessed it.
We've tried to do as Jenn would have wanted, and got on with doing what we do in every issue: bring you an array of adventures, features and product reviews to inspire you to ride your way through the winter. However in this issue we also pay tribute to Jenn and hope that it gives you that extra bit of oomph to get out there and get doing.
We bring you:
- Singletrack Heroes - it could only be our own Jenn. Written by her husband Tom Hill.
- The Great Divide - one of Jenn's most popular articles, and one of her many amazing riding feats. We reprint this article in full.
- Mark's Mountain - Mark says 'no more maybe tomorrow' and heads of to the Alps to go up, up and up...
- The Matterhorn - Swiss cheese and chocolate pale into insignificance as Daniel Klawczyński finds himself face to face with the mighty Matterhorn. We join him as he explores the epic trails on all sides of this classic mountain.
- We Work Here - Hope Technology - Go green with envy as Hopetech invites Sam Needham to tour its factory.
- 24HR Pedal People - Chipps takes a look at the sleep deprived world of 24hr racing and how it has evolved over the years. He gets advice from the experts, including Guy Martin and Jason Miles, and puts their knowledge into practice by pitting for a soloist rather than riding for a change.
- Classic Ride - Rachel Sokal and Olly Townsend head to Nottinghamshire to bring us a classic ride full of autumn colour.
- Bike Test: The Middle Ground - Bikes with 130-150mm rear shock travel. Where do they fit? Are they neither here nor there, or is this a happy medium?
In our subscribers' only section:
- Low Carbon Adventure - Chipps and Beate go on holiday without costing the earth. Can they remember to charge their lights AND their van?
- Editors' Choice - The crew at Singletrack Towers select their favourite kit, bikes and events from the year.