- 3 Download
- 1.59 MB File Size
- November 29, 2015 Create Date
Chrome users: There's a known issue that may throw up an error when trying to download this file. We recommend using Safari instead.
Tip: Navigate to this page using your device if possible. Click the download link above and follow the instructions on your device.
Alternatively, if you know the unique email address of your Kindle device/account then you can download the file to your computer and send it directly to your device as an email attachment. You can also connect your Kindle to your computer via the USB cable and directly add this file to your devices documents folder.
This issue's cover is shot by the inimitable Sam Needham.
Issue 101 is here- filled to the brim with everything you like about riding your bike.
Here are the contents:
- Editorial - Chipps wonders if it’s better to spend your money on bike riding experiences than shiny things for your bike.
- International Travel: Legends across Iceland - Steve Peat and Hans Rey take on an epic trip to cross Iceland on bikes, but things don’t go to plan.
- Singletrack Heroes - Martyn Ashton - The winner of our 2015 ‘Singletrack Legend’ award talks to us about where his life is at right now. And it’s a good place to be.
- UK Epic - Epic Cymru - Joe Murray takes on a five day race across South Wales, with timed climbs, timed descents and un-timed beers.
- International Adventure - Mac’s mission - What do you tell your nine year old when he announces a desire to ride the length of New Zealand? Craig Madsen said ‘OK. Let’s get planning!’
- Racehead - Singletrack6 - Riders said the Trans Rockies wasn’t fun enough, so the organisers created Singletrack6 and tried to beat them with epic singletrack for a week.
- Classic Ride - The Clee Hills - It seems that the mysterious ‘Ludlow, Bewdley, Bridgnorth Triangle’ is fraught with danger, as our route guide adventurers discovered to their peril.
- Column - Meet your maker - You don’t really expect your tour guide of the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame to be Joe Breeze, but it happened to this reader.
- The 2015 Singletrack Reader Awards - Who won what, who was there, and who had seconds of curry? It’s all in here.
- The #JennRide page - A huge thanks to the many supporters of our Jenn’s brawl with cancer.
- Grouptest - Trail lights - Ten lights, from £54 to £800, to light your way this winter, whether you’re an occasional dabbler or a veteran of mountain biking the dark months.
- Bike Test - Goldilocks Travel - Not too much, not too little, but just right? Three 130mm, 27.5in bikes from GT, Kona and Santa Cruz tested.
- Through the Grinder - Summer is dead, the trees have changed and we have eight pages of product reviews for you!
- Grinder Bike - Trek Lush - Trek’s full suspension, carbon, women’s all-rounder shows that boys don’t get all the good bikes.
- Premier Listings - Where to wave your Premier Member’s Card for exclusive deals and discounts.
- We Just Work Here - Where we are, who does what, and what helped this issue on its way.
- Subscribe To Singletrack! - Want the great and gorgeous 132-page Subscriber Edition of Singletrack? Then you need to do this.
- Column - Roly’s World - Roly tries to show a family member the joys of mountain biking; with limited success and plenty of stops for ice cream.
- UK Adventure - Ridge Riders - Inspired by Danny MacAskill, Sanny seeks out some iconic Scottish mountain ridges to ride.
- Room 101 - Some bikes, people, components and habits need to be cast into Room 101. Mark is judge, jury and executioner for the first instalment.
- Column - Adele Mitchell - The thinking woman’s bike build. Think you can put together a more suitable bike for your needs than the bike companies? Adele thinks she can.