I built this bike to ride in the French Divide 2019.
It was built from the frame up to be lighter than the standard builds without being too expensive. Spec includes:
- Sonder Frontier XL 29″ boost frame and fork. Front light bracket added suitable for bar mounts. Chainstay taped with Velcro.
- Shimano XT M8000 11spd gears with SRAM XD 1150 cassette
- SRAM X1 cranks, 32t ring with brand new GXP bottom bracket
- SRAM Guide R brakes (new Uberbike Race Matrix pads front and rear)
- Front wheel – Sonder dynamo hub on Stans Arch
- Rear wheel – Superstar V6 on Stans Arch
- WTB ranger fast light 2.4″ tyres set up tubeless (plenty of life in both)
- Reverb 150mm
- Funn Flame on flat bars with 45mm El Guapo stem, ergo grips with stubby bar ends and Sonder integrated headset
- Fabric Cell Elite radius saddle
- 3x Bontrager cargo cages, 1x standard bottle cage
I believe it weighs around 11kg. It’s certainly a fast bike and with the tubeless WTB tyres is rolls really well.
The bike has served me well for numerous bike packing trips but as I’m emigrating soon I need to reduce the number of bikes I have.