I am listing my Marin Rift Zone 3 due to lack of use – I’ve been working away since last November and as a result the bike has only been ridden 6 times this year which is a shame. I would also like to build my own full suspension frame and I’m saving towards a house.
It’s a cracking trail bike, the linkage driven single pivot rear suspension is really active so it helps give the bike a nice playful feel. I’ve never really felt like I’ve needed more than the 125mm of rear travel!
As seen, it is in very good used condition. There are some marks to the downtube from the bike carrier on my car which I helitaped over straight away and they haven’t got any worse. I serviced the dropper post last time I was home with a clean, re-grease and fresh cable. The rest of the bike is running well and has been regularly maintained but I will install a new shift cable for the buyer. The rims do have some wobble to them but the hubs spin nice and free.
I purchased the bike new from my LBS in spring 2020. I then had the whole frame replaced under warranty in June 2020 as there was some misalignment in the rear triangle. Around October 2020 I had a new set of forks put on and then it was put away while I rode my hardtail in the muddy conditions. So, as you can see the bike hasn’t seen much use in its lifetime and is ready to be enjoyed!
The spec list is as follows:
• Marin Rift Zone 3 – large
• Marzocchi Bomber Z2 forks – 130mm travel
• Fox Float DPS EVOL rear shock with factory custom tune – 125mm travel
• X-Fusion Manic dropper post – 150mm travel
• Shimano SLX 12 speed groupset (11-51T cassette with 32T chainring)
• Hope threaded bottom bracket
• 29” Marin double wall rims (29mm internal) with forged hubs sporting boost spacing front and rear
• Magura MT5 brakes – These have been used on my girlfriends’ bike so have only seen 5 or 6 light rides. I’ll be keeping the Hopes that are pictured as they have some sentimental value in them
• Vee Tyre Co Flow Snap WCE front tyre and Flow Snap rear tyre. Both setup with eco-friendly tubeless sealant
• Marin cockpit (780mm bars, 35mm stem), DMR Deathgrips, WTB saddle and Nukeproof Electron pedals
The bike will also come with the box of linkage bits from the old frame, a spare set of axles, the original front tyre and the bleed kit for the brakes.
If you are interested get in touch via PM and we can discuss further.
Ideally looking for local collection from Isle of Wight or any of the IoW mainland ferry terminals, but I have sent bikes via courier in the past so will consider doing that.