Selling my Santa Cruz Tallboy 3 CC carbon frame. Size XL. 29er wheelsize. Purchased new as frame-only by me in March 2018.
* Excellent condition: 9/10 cosmetically, 10/10 mechanically.
* Only marks are on the Invisiframe, with no dents, dings or scratches.
* Full carbon CC frame – carbon front and rear, the posh/fancier CC carbon rather than the regular ‘C’ carbon you get on the full-build bikes.
* Size XL – see below for geometry/sizing (more like a modern L than a XL).
* Includes frame, rear shock, seat clamp, 148×12 rear axle, Shimano HT2 BB and spare mech hanger only.
* Doesn’t include anything else which is in the photos.
* You’ll genuinely find it difficult to tell this apart from a new, frame if the Invisiframe was removed (it was Invisiframed when new before being built).
* All marks are on the Invisiframe with the exception of some rubbing on the rear of the lower link caused by mud/debris around the rear tyre, pictured.
* Invisiframed from new – happy to remove this if required once sale finalised, but it’s in great condition so I’d recommend keeping it on!
* Additional downtube protector fitted over the top of the small/built-in one.
* Rear shock: Fox Float Factory Series EVOL Kashima, 184mm x 44mm, with 3-position lever (open, pedal, lockout). Shock bushings in perfect condition with no play whatsoever.
* 110mm rear travel.
* Designed for a 120-130mm fork.
* Headtube/Headset: Tapered – 44mm zero stack/internal upper cup, with an external 49mm lower cup. The SHIS name is ZS44/28.6 EC49/40.
* Seat Post: 31.6mm, minimum insertion 100mm
* BB Shell Width: 73mm, threaded.
* Chainline Spec: 50mm
* Brakes: Disc Brake – ISO
* Max Brake Rotor Size: 180mm
* Boost 148×12 rear spacing.
* Internal cable/hose routing for mech and dropper. External routing for rear brake.
* All bearings replaced in May 2020 – not been ridden much since.
Geometry for size XL (based on 120mm fork):
* Wheelbase: 1195mm
* Top tube: 653mm
* Chainstay: 432mm
* Headtube: 115mm
* Reach: 475mm
* Stack: 617mm
* BB height: 330mm
* ST angle (effective): 73 deg
* Head angle: 68 deg
* Seat tube: 480mm
* I’m 186cm and used it with a 200mm dropper and still had approx. 25mm of post showing before the dropper post collar.
Selling because I barely used it over the past 18 months. Lockdown left me without many opportunities to ride it locally – I’ve found I prefer my (whisper it) gravel bike for tame stuff, or my bigger-travel bike for proper biking.
Viewing/postage: Inspection and collection possible from Falkirk/Stirling area. Collection preferred but I’ve got a frame box ready to use – I’ll use a 48hr service requiring signature on delivery, fully insured, at cost (approx. £60-75 depending on carrier, within the UK) but happy to try and accommodate an alternative postage option if you arrange.
Global shipping: I’m happy to post this overseas, please contact me for a quote – approx £165/$225 to ship to US for example.
If I’ve missed anything message me with your query.
For background checks I’m on biking sites such as PinkBike, Singletrackworld, etc with username ‘a11y’.