For sale is my prized DeSalvo, hand built in Portland, Oregon by multi award winning frame builder Mike DeSalvo.
The frame is a custom made titanium singlepeed with a cost price of £2350, using an eccentric bottom bracket to maintain chain tension. It is a dedicated singlespeed frame so no options to run gears! Toughen Up Princess.
Running 26″ wheels but with clearance for large volume people sometimes mistake it for a 27.5″ and in fact I would say the ride almost resembles this too.
This bike kickstarted my love of racing. It is seriously fast and lively which led me to many victories over geared bike riders, which was enormously satisfying.
Yes, it’s now almost 15 years old but it is testament to the build quality and design that it’s running like new and actually rides and feels like a modern MTB, helped by the addition of a dropper post which was recently added. I have also included a rigid layback Thomson post if you wanted to change back.
I could look to post the bike but to be honest I would prefer collection, more to see who the person is that will be the new owner of my pride and joy and what the next chapter brings for this awesome bike.
So why am I selling it? Well, it’s the usual work, family, too many bikes etc, so it needs to go to a new home where someone will use it. It deserves not to be sat in a shed and actually ridden!
Please email me on email@example.com with any questions or offers or general Morvélo / Overland or DeSalvo chat.
- 17.5″ frame
- Rides more like an 18″ but has the maneuverability of a smaller bike. I’m 6ft as a point if reference and raced XC and 24hr events on it with a 100mm stem and layback Thomson post. In it’s current guise it is a bit more playful but can easily go back to being a race bike.
- Rock Shox Reba Team with Dual Air Motion Control and remote lockout option if you buy the handlebar lockout lever. Maintained by TF Tuned.
- Eccentric Bottom Bracket
- Hope headset
- Pro Koryak Stem 75mm +/- 5 degree
- Pro Koryak flat handlebars 740mm
- DMR Deathgrip grips
- Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm rotors
- Shimano SLX cranks 175mm
- Renthal MCR100 5/64 32t chainring
- Shimano BB
- Shimano XT pedals
- XFusion dropper post
- Spare Thomson Elite playback rigid post
- Kore saddle
- DMR Revolver front hub on Mavic XC717 32h rim
- Hope Pro 2 rear hub on Mavic XC717 32h rim
- Surly 16t sprocket
- Sram chain
- DMR Moto RT tyres 26″ x 2.4″