For sale is our beloved custom self-converted Ford Transit camper van. We bought this van in July 2017 and spent all winter slowly and lovingly converting it into a simple but homely van we could use for weekends away racing, walking, climbing etc.
The layout was specifically designed so we could carry mountain bikes inside, with space for transport, kit storage and the essential home comforts including lighting, USB charging points, diesel heating and 240v hook-up. The 115aV leisure battery can be charged from the engine via the split charger and/or via the hook-up point on the side of the van (and the intelligent battery charger system).
Although we originally planned to add a cooker/stove etc, after some initial use we decided that we were unlikely to use it enough to make it worth it, and having the extra space for storage and to move around was more important. We’ve never missed having one, as it gave us a great excuse to spend the evening in the nearest pub :)
We’ve spent many a happy weekend (and longer road trips) travelling and racing all around Scotland, and have absolutely loved the freedom this van has given us. Unfortunately now we’ve had our first child, the van isn’t getting the use it deserves, and it’s time to pass it to someone else who will enjoy it as much as we have.
This van has an unashamedly simple and homely layout that would suit any single person or couple looking for a base to explore the outdoors, with the space to carry bikes, climbing gear, kayaks etc inside
– Ford Transit 140 T350 TREND FWD
– Approx. 95,000 miles
– 2198 cc
– Ex-works van with a full service history since we bought it
– Has had new brakes, tyres, handbrake, battery, alternator, injector seals and glow plugs
– Large tow bar for towing and/or securing items to
– Fully insulated walls with recycled plastic insulation and foil-backed insulation
– Varnished cladding interior walls and ceiling
– 170cm headroom
– Insulated timber floor with low-maintenance and durable lino flooring
– Professionally installed sliding window and roof light (with in-built retractable blind and fly screen)
– Bench pulls out into a full-sized double bed, with storage space for bedding above the cab
– Large storage area under the bed for boxes and kit
– Fold-out shelf/bedside table
– 115aH leisure battery charged either via split charge relay or 204v hook up point (on side of van)
– Recessed 12v ceiling lights
– 12v and USB charge points
– 240v mains socket (for use when connected to hook-up)
– Professionally installed Webasto AirTop 2000 diesel heating system
– Storage pouches behind the cab seats for essentials
– Lashing loops on the inside side of the van to secure bikes during transit
– Coat hooks at high level for coats/jackets and rucksacks etc.
– Carbon monoxide alarm for additional reassuranc
The van is all set for adventures, and is suitable for any time of the year (we have had a full nights sleep in gale force winds and snow!). Plus, if you wanted to, there is also loads of potential for adding your own touches, including swivel seats, awning etc.