The new issue of Singletrack has arrived and it’s a real mixed bag of everything that’s great and good about mountain biking, at home and abroad.
Subscriber copies have already started landing on doormats, so here’s the lowdown on what’s in the new issue of the magazine.
- Cover shot by Mark Mackay in Whistler, Canada.
Steve Worland gets stuck into some 29in gnarr with long-travel, big-wheeled bikes from Intense, Trek and Niner. We Grind Turner’s new 27.5in Burner and the usual assortment of soft, hard and in-between-ware, and part one of our two-part lights test focuses its beam on 12 trail lights to suit all pockets, from budget to boutique.
- Big bikes for big hills: 29gnarr from Intense, Niner and Trek.
The Classic Ride hits up the downs (and ups) of the Wye Valley, and Hans Rey visits Uganda with the Wheels 4 Life project. Jenn heads south to find out what inspires riders-designers Morvelo, Chipps and Dave head north for a weekend of education at mountain bike guide school and the travelling Poles Daniel and Dominika tour the stunning Norwegian Alps in search of trolls and singletrack.
- “Repeat after me: left brake rear, right brake front…” Guiding for beginners.
- We’ve seen the future, and it’s mostly Morvelo.
- The Norweigan Alps – home of trolls and trails.
The columns cover everything from the varied merits of riding alone and riding with friends, to getting tooled up for travel, the best Victoria sponge in the Borders and the weirdness that is the annual Interbike freakfest. Plus there are exclusive deals for subscribers and details of our brand new Singletrack T-shirts!
- Hands up if you like bikes…
- Vegas, baby!
In short: if you can’t find something in here that makes you want to ride your bike immediately, then we suggest you pack your bikes away ‘til spring and take up knitting instead. The on sale date is 24th October 2013 – but you can…
Buy it from the Singletrack shop now!.
- Trademark Singletrack Classic Ride glamour shot. Repeat x 20.
- And here is the Wye Valley Classic Ride GPX file for Premier readers.