Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Zzzzz Wireless printers
  • tails
    Free Member

Anyone know anything about these things, as it won’t connect to the wireless router. I’ve turned the firewall off as peer HP’s instructions. Why can’t it just connect like my puter!

tor5
    Free Member

Try connecting with the USB cable first – normally the only way you can supply the WiFi password

cranberry
    Free Member

it won’t connect to the wireless router.

A little more information please – does it list your wireless network ? fail when authenticating ? What model printer ? What router ? Any error messages ?

DaveRambo

Has it connected before ?
    What have you done exactly?
    You shouldn’t need to turn off a firewall – it’s just another device that wants to connect to the router.

Sure you entered the password correctly?

tails
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve got it connected with a USB cable but that’s not the point lol!

It’s a hp 2544 printer, Mac mini and BT wireless router. The reason I think it’s the router and not the printer is because I returned the original printer as it printed wonkey and didn’t connect wirelessly.

The AirPrint thing kind of works but it’s a bit of a naff as you have to go offline.

curvature
    Free Member

I print using several Macs wirelessly but have the printer connect via network cable to the router.

Have always found this to be the most stable way of doing things.

Sandwich

Router set up to deliver across both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? HP printers don’t like the 5GHz band.

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

Check your router is not crossing over channels with another network in the area.
    Our printer (Epson XP) was perfect, we changed broadband providers and got a new router in doing so. The printer would no longer work. A quick check showed we were running the same channel as our neighbour. Changed the channel, and it connected immediately.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Zzzzz Wireless printers’ is closed to new replies.