Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Zwift Virgin! Building a HT 29er for Winter mud/ Zwift. Help!
  • Poopscoop

I intend building a ht 29er for Winter.

Then I idly started looking into Zwift… Intriguing!

I’m far from being properly fit but I’ve made some good inroads so far this year and want to keep it up.

Realistically I won’t be out as much over Winter. I know I should just “get out and ride” but Zwift might be a good compromise for the weeks I don’t!

Basically I want to make sure I don’t build a bike up that is totally unusable for Zwift… but still needs to be a “proper” mountain bike… Albeit with a swap out rear wheel for Zwift.

So initial dumb questions are:

1) Ht mountain bike “suitable” for Zwift? As in usable if not ideal.

2) Smart trainers ok with mtb axle/ frame widths etc etc?

3) Bike will be used both SS (another first for me!) and 1×11 (mostly). Are both scenarios ok with Zwift?

4) Guessing having a 2nd rear wheel with appropriate trainer tyre fitted would be a good idea?

5) Will a frame with sliding dropouts cause issues on a trainer?

That will clear up some of my basic questions for now and thanks for any info given as always. 🙂

weeksy

1 yes

2 yes

3 yes

4 yes

5 no idea, but as long as you can fit a turbo QR on it i can’t see any reason

Poopscoop

Thanks Weeksy.

That gives me a baseline to begin the build in, my head anyway! 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaredypants

5 – not unless you get a “wheel-off” (is that direct-drive?) trainer when it’s a little bit more fiddly

Poopscoop

Ah the trainer…

Yeah,I know almost nothing about them.

Could be a risky purchase if I get it wrong. Looking at something mid range.

Whatever price that might infer! 😆

Hopefully a fairly quite one too as I’m a bit of a night owl.

scaredypants

Yeah,I know almost nothing about them … mid range … whatever price …

May I suggest that sir does some reading, if by “mid” you mean half way between bottom & top in terms of price 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Zwift Virgin! Building a HT 29er for Winter mud/ Zwift. Help!’ is closed to new replies.