Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Zwift + Tacx Flow T2240 + trek queries!
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

I know there’s a million threads on Zwift but rather than trawl through them I wanted some quick answers before I go and pick up the Tacx Flow from Halfrauds.

1. Will it fit any rear hub/axle system? I’m on about fitting it to my summer road bike which is a trek silque slr7 and cant see any specs about which rear systems it fits.

2. Will I manage for now using the bluetooth pairing facility that my macbook pro has? I think I read somewhere its more accurate with ANT+ but wanted to just be able to get going without waiting. Am I right about accuracy or can I just use the bluetooth indefinitely.

3. Can I also manage without a cadence sensor for now while I wait for the sensor that can be fitted in the swing arm of my road bike?

4. I think there’s limitations on using it alongside a garmin 800 but can the cadence simultaneously connect to my garmin so I can see cadence on there as well as zwift or will zwift be enough without pairing it with my garmin too?

thanks!

tomhoward

Re the fitting, it comes with a QR that replaces your normal one, then it fits to that.

blitz

I’ve been using a wahoo blue sc to pair my bike to an iPad and it’s been perfect so Bluetooth only should be fine with a decent sensor.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

It will “guess” the cadence
    I would definitely recommend getting a proper sensor

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’d defo order the sensor but it’s not something I can pick up today so just wanted to get going for now. Cheers chaps I think I may do it!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I’d be surprised if the flow didn’t have one

julzm
    Free Member

GolfChick, I’ve a very similar set up: trek silque sl, with bontrager duo trap and Tacx flow t2240. I don’t really use my garmin with this set up as the duotrap works brilliantly with it. I think you can set it up on garmin but would need an ant+ dongle. If you’ve already got a duotrap on order then that would be unnecessary expense.

The Tacx flow estimates your power, unless you have a power meter and can over ride it.

It all works fine in trainer road and Zwift.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Zwift + Tacx Flow T2240 + trek queries!’ is closed to new replies.