• This topic has 60 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by akak.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Zwift price hike
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

£8 to 12.99!

GTF.

fifeandy
    Free Member

New thread for zwift price hike!

GTF 😉

pedlad

Subscription model business in get people hooked then raise prices shocker

simondbarnes

FML

butcher

Bit steep that like. I was just about to start it up again too.

What’s the alternatives?

jam-bo

You neglect to mention that if you are already subscribed it is still £8 a month for the next 12 months.

If new sign ups are poor, maybe it’ll get quietly forgotten.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well it has been getting very popular and those pretend roads aren’t gonna resurface themselves.

Kryton57

What’s the alternatives?

Outdoors.

blitz

Will see how it goes after the price freeze but can’t see me paying £12.99 pm. It’ll kill summer use off completely. In winter I’d probably just mtb and run instead.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

So ~£156 per year? 😯

How does this compare to other app?

I was vaguely thinking of buying a smart turbo and subscribing to an app, but at this price, it would be more money wise to buy a with winter bike with full guards.

frozenwhite
    Free Member

I’m still on the same price for the year. Will see how it goes after that. I’m on the Road Grand Tours BETA which is free and actually seems pretty decent

Bregante

As above if you’ve already subscribed the current price is frozen for 12 months, regardless of whether you leave and return in that period. Seems fair enough to me. If there aren’t some impressive developments over the next year though I’m sure I’ll be exploring other options.

richardk
    Free Member

Sufferfest is $10 per month, or $99 per year

jekkyl

How much is it to cycle on real roads?

stevious

My favourite thing on this thread is the people talking about riding outside as if other folk haven’t considered it.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

i dont see myself giving it up for winter use but will probably chuck it for summer at that price.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Don’t care the results I get are worth it.

crosshair
    Free Member

Poor effort!! The Facebook thread is only a few hours old and is over 1000 posts 😆

ivantate
    Free Member

Hmm, I was thinking about this for the winter.

Might just be following YouTube vids again

crispyrice

It’s nearly doubled in price but I still consider it good value.

Dango
    Free Member

It’s nearly doubled in price but I still consider it good value.

Like iPhones from a few years ago to now. 🙂

Some people just love chucking money away when there are similar and better value options available

muggomagic

Can I please have a list of the “similar and better value options” to Zwift?

ugarizza
    Free Member

Trainerroad well worth a look. You don’t get the group rides and races, but the training side is vastly better.
    I’m finding it more immersive than zwift.
    Watch the line, listen to music.

muggomagic

I mainly use Zwift for racing and gentle recovery rides after outdoors rides. I have only done a few workouts as I find it difficult to commit the time as regularly as needed to follow the programs.

cheekyget
    Free Member

I don’t know about you guys but I’ve already started looking for alternatives….Grand Road Tours… looks good and it’s FREE!!
    Not being funny but for £12.99 I can join a gym, I was kinda hoping zwift was going to do a deal on annual subs 10 months for the price of 12, but at the current rate of £8.
    People power can stop the hike

jam-bo

People power can stop the hike

It’s why I think it’s new sign ups only, if it was everyone there would be a mass exodus. If sign ups are poor then I bet it gets reversed. Either that or they want to slow down the expansion rate.

wilburt
    Free Member

Its a poor pricing decision.

I dont mean that in terms of value for the user but for the company. Customers are not tied to a 12 month contract so Zwift will have fewer customers staying the whole year, income will be more seasonal and not all the potential increase will be realised.

weeksy

I’m cool with it, 100%.

Following a line, no thanks, not for me…

Sufferfest, nah, i’m not interested in pretending to climb in a grand tour

Zwift has racing, real life, really immersive racing, sucking me into pushing harder, faster, longer than ever before, making me cling on to beat the guy behind me who’s closing as i fade… There’s no other cycling App that can match that for me.

muggomagic

I was expecting an increase to come at some point but was quite shocked by how much it has risen. I thought it would match what they charge for the in app subscription on the app store which is £9.50 i think. Not that I can’t afford it or don’t see the value in Zwift but to increase the price by just over 60% is such a sharp rise.

weeksy

muggomagic – Member
    I was expecting an increase to come at some point but was quite shocked by how much it has risen. I thought it would match what they charge for the in app subscription on the app store which is £9.50 i think. Not that I can’t afford it or don’t see the value in Zwift but to increase the price by just over 60% is such a sharp rise.

Mate,
    It’s a latte…. 1 latte a month… or 1 pint… 2 pies….

It’s not an extra months mortgage payment.

Gym round here is £35-65 a month depending on when you want to go.

£12 for Zwift, it’s cheap.

ferrals
    Free Member

Zwift . . . real life

I think you’ve got confused! 😆

cheekyget
    Free Member

The thing you got to remember is …if the people are happy to pay a 60% , what’s to stop zwift getting even more greedier and raise the prices again ??
    Surely it’s better to have loads at a reasonable price rather than a few at a higher price.

Don’t get me wrong I love Zwift, but there is only so much I’m prepared to pay.

weeksy

Absolutely…. can’t argue that logic… For me personally… we’re a long way from that price point.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mate,
    It’s a latte…. 1 latte a month.

Going OT, but I can’t believe how much people spend on the now life essential of take away coffee in a cardboard, it astounds me.

Back OT, to be fair if you like sitting on your turbo in a virtual world it’s inevitable that the price will rise for the apps or whatever. Everything else gets more expensive in it’s own kind of way.

muggomagic

Weeksy, I know and like I say it’s not the price of £12.99 so much, it’s that it’s such a steep increase just made me think f-you.
    I’ll be expecting some big improvements over the next 12 months to be convinced to keep the sub going all year when it does increase.

BadlyWiredDog

The thing you got to remember is …if the people are happy to pay a 60% , what’s to stop zwift getting even more greedier and raise the prices again ??
    Surely it’s better to have loads at a reasonable price rather than a few at a higher price.

Welcome to capitalism. It’s a quaint new economic system where the seller fixes a price at a point which he or she believes will maximise profits.

I think someone stole the idea from e-Bay…. 😉

wilburt
    Free Member

It’ll obviously be ok for some and not for others. doh!
    Commercially it feels like a bad decision though, I wonder what the analysis behind it looked like.

cashback

i used FulGaz last year, which is one of the ride along to a real life route while it controls your turbo ones. it was ok, I used to have it running on a ipad while i watched tv, occassionaly glancing over to look at why it suddenly felt like i was cycling though treacle. however from all the emails i am getting from them, things seems to have moved on over the summer (they are based in australia) and they now have alot more routes, and are doing competitive time trial events for prizes and group training.
    however i still find i train harder on zwift, there is nothing like chasing a random dutchman up box hill to go abit deeper. so it is probably worth the extra money but i would agree, lets see if they actually try charging more in a years time or it gets forgotten.

zilog6128

tbh I’d probably pay up to £20/month however anything over £10 and I’d suspend it for 6 months of the year rather than just keep it going in case of odd bad weather days (like I did last year).

As an existing subscriber I’m not too bothered at the moment, be interesting to see what (if anything) they add/improve over the year to justify the increase though.

weeksy

I’m not sure what ‘improvements’ i personally want/need. From my own perspective the only desire i have is more dedicate races in a particular class, e.g more C races. But that’s only because of personal preference to battle at the front of a race instead of the mid-pack.

I don’t need any better graphics, funny maps, etc.. It does exactly what i want from an App.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Zwift price hike’ is closed to new replies.