Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Zwift or Sufferfest?
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Previously used zwift with tacx smart trainer
    Downloaded Sufferfest app and did the full frontal test the other day, went to do a workout there and have just realised there doesn’t seem to be the ERG control
    Disappointed as quite like th3 videos rather than the computer game style of zwift

ico86

I don’t have erg on my trainer but pretty sure that it’s supported. Think they call it ‘minions in the machine’
    Certainly when I did the full frontal test it kept prompting me to turn it off if it was switched on.

I surprised myself preferring the Sufferfest, I’m not too fussed by the racing in zwift, graphic environment got old quickly and the training sessions aren’t as engaging. All personal choice though

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

trainerroad. That’ll take care of the erg aspects and you can sync it with the sufferfest videos if you like.

monkfish
    Free Member

Sufferfest doesn’t control erg trainers over Bluetooth, you’ll need an ant+ dongle. They say it’s coming at some stage.

Their training plans also need to be more intereactive, again they say that’s something they’re working on.

I still prefer it to Zwift.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Tried trainer Road.

Then tried Zwift,

I was just setting up an old (non Smart) turbo to try Zwift out, make sure it worked ok re Bluetooth, Ant+ and all that and my old laptop was up to it, (before splashing £750 on a smart trainer) I jumped on my trainer (just in normal cloths) and left the garage about 45 mins later in a sweaty happy mess.

That says it all really. Zwift is just more fun than anything else I’ve tried.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Zwift or Sufferfest?’ is closed to new replies.