• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,921 through 3,960 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • j4mesj4mes
    Free Member

@dc2.0 this may sounds strange but I didn’t fit it into the 26″ holes in the A frame, as it didn’t fit. In that position, even with the clamp lever fully wound off, the distance between the roller and the back wheel was too close, it prevented me getting the QR in the clamps. or near the clamps for that matter.

I will have another go in the morning but after a lot of frustration before, I felt there was no alternative but to use the other holes, as it appeared to be the only option for it to work.

jam-bo

that just means you got the highest value. there is one for every column.

njee20
    Free Member

Wehay, so I did win something! 195 is nothing Scaredypants – used to regularly see over 200!

nathb
    Free Member

dc2.0 –
    (what Nathb says is only true for dumb trainers where you use a separate wheel rotation sensor and then correlate that to power via wheel speed)

Oops sorry people- nothing to see here 😆

surfer
    Free Member

Running is my sport but I am 50+ now so staying injury free enough to manage a competitive level of performance is difficult. Cycling is fun but only really ride when I cant run and I am too old now to run then cycle in the same day. Longish work hours and commute mean cycling through the week is difficult so started to use Zwift only a week ago (calf strain stopped me running) used it every evening this week and just tried to do a longer session but my backside is too sore :0

dc2.0

@j4mes – what size tyre are you using? Is it a knobbly or a slick?

j4mesj4mes
    Free Member

@dc2.0 it’s the Tacx Mtb turbo tyre 26×1.25

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I’ve noticed the field size in races being smaller too, i dont think it is a lack of people wanting to race but due to more events on so things are spread a bit more thinly.

Had my first race up the mountain yesterday and bloody hell it was hard. Soon as the climbing started my group was at 4.5 – 5 w/kg. I tried to stick with that thinking it would ease but it didnt and i ended up blowing up around about the tunnel section and then losing 2 minutes on the leaders from there to the KOM banner. So pretty comporable to how i fare on hilly road races 🙁

dc2.0

@j4mes – one problem I had when first setting up the t2240 for use with smaller wheels (not 26″ but a 650c on my son’s road bike) was that although I *thought* I was using the correct mounting holes for smaller wheels, I hadn’t pushed the brake unit on fully so I was using the “small wheel holes” at the front but the “large wheel hole” at the back. The drilling positions are close enough that it’s fairly easy (for me at least) to do this without realising – it basically means the brake unit sits slightly proud of the frame. It was only when I had trouble calibrating it that I double checked everything and realised what I’d done. Might be worth another go.

j4mesj4mes
    Free Member

@dc2.0 I think it ‘may’ be working. I tired the 26″ holes again; it works on diagnonals, rather than bottom holes and top holes, so it was definitely in the right ones in the 26″ setting. The wheel definitely didn’t fit the first time I tried on the 26″ setting, but I wonder if it was because the hybrid tyre had a taller profile compared to the slick turbo tyre. It wasn’t the easiest but with some technique it fitted in. So it’s secured by the QR now but the clamp at the back cannot be used as the wheel is too close. However I wonder now if that was only for the larger wheel size/setting, but turning the wheel behind the clamp for fine adjustment meant allowed a small turn and it seems to be calibrated using the app.

I have to admit the Tacx instructions are extremely vague but maybe the tyre size / not using the lever combo has done the trick. Zwift now seems to give with virtually no effort (are zwift puns allowed?) 220 watts and I believe 2.4w/kg ish with a quick 30 pedal.

So user error/ bad instructions aside I think it is working. Thank you for everyone for their input, very much appreciated!

weeksy

86km today on the Parkwood. Started with 38km of trails and Ridgeway, then dropped back onto the road to get home. First 38km was into a headwind which as brutal! Constant wind and proper horrible. Nice morning out though.

jam-bo

Constant drizzle today so quick spin up watopia mountain. 3 mins better than my previous best and a new FTP. Happy with that.

weeksy

Debating plan for today, clearly my legs are tired after a long outdoors ride yesterday. But that’s kind of all what it’s about. So i may do the MGCC century ride but use the Isaac. Couldn’t manage it last week on the Parkwood.
    May not make the full 100km anyway but more chance if on the faster bike, well, if i can sort seat post that is.

10am if anyone is joining in.

weeksy

Aye, I’ve washed the wife’s car so its MGCC at 10am. On the Parkwood so not expecting to complete at full pace.

jam-bo

Maybe. Just maybe won one..

weeksy

Oooh nice one.

Kiss 8pm?

jam-bo

Yep. 10th on track and just over at 3.3 on the live results.

That should adjust down once it finalises.

We’ll see.

b1gf00t
    Free Member

7th in the ZHR Masters race tonight, two laps of London 8. Probably should have finished higher but mind and legs were not in racing mode.

Installed some new pedals ready for Flanders trip next week, I suspect the now fitted Look Keo’s have a different stack height to the old Exustar pedals. Hope that explains the slight back ache, I think the saddle is now too high.

cheers_drive

KISS are trialling mass starts soon, no more cats, starting with America but with a few to rolling out. EVR are looking at doing g it too.
    My progressed has stalled at the lower to bottom end of C so I’m not bothered just so I could try a win a cat that my stats happened to be well matched too

wilburt
    Free Member

In view type 3 the backs of other riders heads flash as scary babies heads, is that just me?

jam-bo

Yep. 10th on track and just over at 3.3 on the live results.

That should adjust down once it finalises.

We’ll see.

Got an upgrade at the moment but fastest ride under the cat limit after the Strava scan.

If KISS bother to finalise the results then I think I won it in the final sprint by 0.5s.

crosshair
    Free Member

Zwift hill reps for me this evening. It’s so cool knowing you’ve got exactly the right stretch of road to suit your training plan without having to leave the house 🙂

weeksy

Funny you say that.. that’s not that far away from this evenings plan for me too. I’m debating what way to play it… Do i go straight for the Mountain, do i do the Volcano climb, do i Pretzel it… But essentially, i’ll be putting in some climbing later.

jam-bo

do the mountain.

wilburt
    Free Member

God its just me thats bad.

weeksy

I only use View 1…. So no idea…. i’m kinda curious to look later though i must admit.

crosshair
    Free Member

View 3 is my preferred view and yes, you get scary baby heads 🙂

I need 6minute efforts give or take so I’ll either do the Volcano or reverse KOM.

wilburt
    Free Member

Phew!

OmarLittle
    Free Member

There was a pro doing the ZTR Tuesday Night worlds yesterday
    Check out his palmares on his wiki entry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruben_Zepuntke 😀

Was a tough race – the course was very busy so it was difficult to know who was in the race and who was just riding so had to focus more on the riders nearby tab instead which makes the experience a little less immersive.

weeksy

I’m hoping he won !

jam-bo

DQ for > 5W/kg

http://www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=4995

right down at the bottom…

scaredypants

the course was very busy so it was difficult to know who was in the race and who was just riding so had to focus more on the riders nearby tab instead which makes the experience a little less immersive

yeah, shame they can’t highlight racers somehow – different coloured tail-light would be a start (or “dim” non-racers from your perspective if racing)

crosshair
    Free Member

Nice low cadence climbing session this evening. As a bonus, I made it into 8th place up the Hilly KOM 🙂 (STW Zwifters, not overall lol)

scaredypants

Hilly KOM (STW Zwifters

Dayyum – some of you motherhubbards are fast

(not you CH – you’re on the danger list for that one 😉 )

<wonder if I can shift a mere 50 seconds off my time for top slot> 😆

stumpy01

Knocked 1 min 9s off the mountain KOM segment tonight, which I was well pleased with.

Need to sort out my malfunctioning front mech as currently got no big ring for the flat/fast sections…

njee20
    Free Member

Did the Asia Wednesday Night Race today, got 5th, couldn’t hold the lead group on the last kick before the line (4.2w/kg, ought to move up, bugger) but the results aren’t anywhere. Gutted! Scoured ZwiftPower and Zwiftnation, but they’re nowhere 🙁

scaredypants

njee, have you looked at your own zwiftpower profile? – should be listed at the bottom of that page if it’s been captured at all

njee20
    Free Member

Nope, not there. The whole race isn’t in their schedule, it’s not just that I’m missing.

weeksy

ASIA races have been problematic in the past and not shown at all. I’ve done a couple.

In other news for me.. 14st 11 this morning… Getting close to target weight for June trip of 14st 7.

Planning potentially 10am race today, 8 lapper of volcano CCW

Viewing 40 posts - 3,921 through 3,960 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.