Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Is there a way of viewing your leaderboard times, other than random strava segments? And other than going back into the game and riding?

mrblobby
    Free Member

GolfChick, if you strava then the “official” segments are listed on Zwiftblog…

http://zwiftblog.com/verified-zwift-strava-segments/

GolfChick
    Free Member

yeahhh thats what I was just looking at but seeing as my box hill PB on Thursday I smashed is showing as 8:08, I was assuming there was another time we were all looking at!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nathb
    Free Member

Today I found out my heart rate can go to 210bpm, I always thought it topped out at 198 (pretty sure it’s still a glitch lol).

Stand by box hill, as my current one is at circa 175bpm? 😆

fifeandy
    Free Member

@nath, not sure you’ll get flappy shirt syndrome indoors unless you’ve got a REALLY big fan.

nathb
    Free Member

Come again @fifeandy?

By the way, thanks to @CH, I met “someone” with an interesting looking bike:

fifeandy
    Free Member

@nath, abnormally high heart rates that last longer than a momentary spike are usually as a result of the wind causing shirt to flap. This results in static electricity build up which your hrm strap interprets as heart beats.

Thats a bit long to write every time, so flappy shirt syndrome

crosshair
    Free Member

He was such a nice guy and mature for his age I thought. I think we could have cajoled him into racing if we’d tried though 😉

I got supper on Zwift expenses too so my membership is effectively free for the next two months 😀

theotherjonv

Any of the top echelon doing this? I’m thinking of setting my weight down to 35kg and getting shelled anyway 😉

06:30PM GMT
    Andrew Talansky Endurance Ride (54.9 mi / 88.5 km)

Join Cannondale-Drapac pro Andrew Talansky as he leads an endurance focused ride, keeping the power on during the downhill and easing back on the uphill a bit for a very steady effort. For those in Northern California this is intended to be similar to the “Jesse ride” that used to run out of Folsom. After a few minutes of easier roll out the flat roads will be around 3.5-4 w/kg on the front and uphills will be at a maximum of 4.5 w/kg. There will be a few very brief stops at the ride leaders discretion to top up on water, allow for a bathroom break, etc. This is an endurance ride but there will be no waiting for dropped riders. Anyone looking to push the pace beyond what the leader is setting, especially uphill, will be left to ride on their own. Goal of the day is to push aerobic limits and have a good time!

DETAILS

COURSE: Watopia Mountain
    LAPS: 3

mrblobby
    Free Member

Actually sounds good that. I’ve been keeping an eye out but there’s not much in the way of group rides around the 3.5-4 w/kg mark.

crosshair
    Free Member

@MrBlobby Loving the humble brag work there 😀 The ZSUN crew do a chaingang ride on a Tuesday that isn’t far off of that pace. Around 3.4/3.6ish.

mrblobby
    Free Member

😉

nathb
    Free Member

@fifeandy – ah, thanks makes sense! My number was flapping a bit so it was probably that!

@crosshair – very nice, yeah he was a nice guy – groupset envy! 😆

pahoehoe
    Free Member

To surf or zwift is a nice Sunday morning problem to have but with air temp of 2 degrees and mediocre 1-2ft think I’m going zwift.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hmm is this going to be another GCN takeover night?

weeksy

I doubt that many are going to enter a 4w ride

RoterStern
    Free Member

I was doing a bit of random Strava stalking this morning and came across one rider who spent nearly five hours on a Swift ride. I mean FIVE hours on a turbo!!!???? 😯

jim25

I bailed on my morning ride today, all set for the zwift race at 8.15
    Set off quick in the leading pack, but my god! the noise from my old cycleops trainer in the garage was immense! I actually stopped to see what was going on and give it a quick check over. Lubed the chain, stuffed more rubber mats under it, covered it it towels to try and drown out the cacophony of noise. But no joy. I think it has finally given up the ghost for usability! Annoying as I have ordered a Neo and still waiting for it 4 weeks later now – and the date keeps getting pushed back and back.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I mean FIVE hours on a turbo!!!????

I did notice some of those while looking at the Zwift blog Ride London segment on Strava. Crazy.

I bailed on my morning ride today, all set for the zwift race at 8.15

Bailed halfway through this mornings too. Felt rubbish thanks to kids bugs. Might do the Talansky ride tonight instead.

weeksy

-6 out on the dirt this morning. Had to go out and pick my car up from the station.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oh meant to add, switched over from BLE to ANT+ and all turbo lag has gone. Would always be about 3 or 4 seconds at best, a couple of minutes at its worst. Very curious. Bit of a pain having to use the ANT+ dongle again but it seem to work so much better.

jim25

Oh meant to add, switched over from BLE to ANT+ and all turbo lag has gone. Would always be about 3 or 4 seconds at best, a couple of minutes at its worst. Very curious. Bit of a pain having to use the ANT+ dongle again but it seem to work so much better.

How are you getting on with the Neo Mrblobby?
    I’m getting so frustrated waitng for mine, im close to buying something else. I know I should wait….but

mrblobby
    Free Member

I really like it. Was getting very annoying in Zwift with the lag but using ANT+ seems to sort that out. And in manual control I can tune it to feel very road like for TT position efforts (tri mode with about -0.5% slope.) Also the reduction in noise from the LeMond is incredible, it’s pretty much just drivetrain noise now.

cheers_drive

Lots of PBs on my real world mtb ride this morning. The frozen ground helped but I’m sure the zwifting helped more

weeksy

Well that was weird. Using Joes powermeter at say 300w were were getting 260w in zwift. 155w on meter was 130w zwift.
    I find it very hard to believe I’m 40w quicker though.

Hoping to get Crosshair over with his meter to compare the readings.

nathb
    Free Member

Did you recalibrate the power meter?

weeksy

.Did you recalibrate the power meter?

He brought his whole bike over and put it on the turbo, he never mentioned anything regarding calibration. Its his old turbo that I’ve got on perma loan.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice gain there weeksy 🙂

Where’s the lower power coming from? VIrtual power or turbo reported power?

weeksy

Its a bkool smart trainer. I don’t know the model. I’m not sure what to do now, obviously I can’t change the output but I could lower my weight within zwift to compensate. But this turbo has been my benchmark for a while now so I’m unlikely to alter anything.
    Wondering if it could be temp related as it was -1 in garage. Tricky one really.

nathb
    Free Member

I think it’s Zwift. When I was doing my tests with the PM versus the Tacx Vortex, I found that the one not connected to Zwift was much higher than the one connected.

pahoehoe
    Free Member

So basically I’m mid c cat on a hilly race – wattopia mountain this am – put out 3/Kg average – d cat dsq imminent! But on the flat I’m sooo much slower can hold 3-3.5 up wattopia mountain no probs but on flat 2.5’s a struggle even in a bunch. Suggestions?

epicsteve
    Free Member

Wondering if it could be temp related as it was -1 in garage. Tricky one really.

My power meter needs to be calibrated at the temperature it’s being used in, otherwise the readings aren’t supposed to be reliable. When the turbo and power meter are both calibrated I’ve not noticed a meaningful difference between them – although I have noticed that I find it easier to sustain higher power outputs on outdoor rides than I do on the turbo.

No Zwifting for me today as I’ve been out and done just under 50 miles with the club. Lovely day for it, if somewhat cold (down to -3C with icy patches on some of the lanes).

Uphilldowndale
    Free Member

Hi guys a great thread this, keep it up.

I’m going to take part in my first KISS race tonight at 8:05 my watts per kilo works out at 2.49 right on the line for cat C or D. Should I stay in D or register for a C?

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’m going to take part in my first KISS race tonight at 8:05 my watts per kilo works out at 2.49 right on the line for cat C or D. Should I stay in D or register for a C?

Stay in D. There is some leeway, plus if you do get booted up a category at least it’ll answer the question for you.

Uphilldowndale
    Free Member

Cheers Steve. I will be using the STW tag as well of course

mrblobby
    Free Member

I think it’s Zwift. When I was doing my tests with the PM versus the Tacx Vortex, I found that the one not connected to Zwift was much higher than the one connected.

That is very odd as Zwift will just be displaying the power data it gets fed from the PM/turbo. I usually zwift with my Garmin and both Zwift and the Garmin display exactly the same numbers.

scaredypants

Might you be pairing the trainer “wrong” ?
    IIRR my trainer “announces itself” as various options, only one of which is as a power meter, although it has one built in. I could choose to run it as z-power if I wanted to – at least I think I could – and that’d add in a series of unneccessary extra calculations. Even so, the discprepancy you’re seeing is pretty marked

crosshair
    Free Member

Talk us through it MrBlobby! Looked epic!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Was good ride that. A decent group and a nice pace, time went pretty quickly. And where else do you get to ride 80k alongside Andrew Talansky!

crosshair
    Free Member

Brill! Glad it went well!

Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.