• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,361 through 2,400 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Cadence from the tacx is likely to be a bit erratic as it works it out from pulses in the pedal stroke. There’s probably a fair bit of “smoothing” that goes on with the data.

Metasequoia

Cadence- Get a Wahoo Ant+/blue tooth cadence sensor- attach to cranks- works well.

wilfie
    Free Member

+1 for the Wahoo kit-had a Wahoo Kicker Snap/Cadence Sensor/Heart Rate monitor since Black Friday and approx 700KMs on Zwift has been faultless, just works every time and setup was easy.

timidwheeler

Alp girl, my first one did the same but after 30 mins fiddling I did manage to get it to clip together. If you can’t fix it I would package it up and take it back. Halfords should swap it without any drama.

I’m 52 out of 57 on Box Hill. I’m confident I can make it up to 50th 🙂

dc2.0

The t2240 is definitely built to a budget price but frankly for £190 before discounts it’s had me riding exactly 992km more than I would have done without it. Better than a gym membership for me.

They all seem to have “the ratchety creak” after a while and that’s probably the well-known issue with the plastic roller and metal sheath starting to separate. There are some posted fixes for out of warranty turbos or you could try to exchange, although I’d expect a replacement to do the same thing sooner rather than later.

like alpgirl and timidwheeler I was getting some *other* horrible noises from my t2240, which I discovered was due to the plastic body over the electromechanical section coming slightly askew and fouling a moving part. The plastic has a crappy twist-lock fit secured with a t20 torx self-tapping screw. I loosened that and was able to re-engage the twist-fit. That noise has gone now.

Tacx neo on order now though 😉

dc2.0

By the way, I think pulling the power cable out from the turbo can pull on the cover, potentially causing the cover to come out of alignment. I’ve taken to unplugging at the wall socket instead.

cheers_drive

I hate the creaking noise of my T2440,it’s not the low rpm roller issue though.
    I’ve only had it a few days, does the creaking noise constitute a reason to reject it and get money back, would rather spend more on another

jam-bo

Mine doesn’t creak. Are you using the QR that came with it?

I’d take it back

fifeandy
    Free Member

It’s not supposed to creak so shouldn’t be a problem to use it as a reason to return

cheers_drive

I’m going to check it carefully again and it’s going back if I can’t stop it. I hate noises on bikes (or turbos )

alp_girl
    Free Member

like alpgirl and timidwheeler I was getting some *other* horrible noises from my t2240, which I discovered was due to the plastic body over the electromechanical section coming slightly askew and fouling a moving part. The plastic has a crappy twist-lock fit secured with a t20 torx self-tapping screw. I loosened that and was able to re-engage the twist-fit. That noise has gone now.

Hmmm, maybe I should try that first? a replacement will probably have the same problem soon 🙁 Time to invest in the next model up?

dc2.0

New PB up Box Hill. Frustrating close to getting under 9. Still, I feel pretty good about the improvement over the last 2months. More W, fewer kg (body weight down 15% (although that’s since July), FTP up 25%). Weeksy, thank you for starting this thread it’s made a huge difference 😀

dc2.0

Alpgirl I don’t think you’ll necessarily get that problem back, just don’t yank the power cord out and it should stay in place. I think most of them develop the low speed creak sooner or later. I don’t mind that though.

crosshair
    Free Member

That was my goal this evening dc2.0. I managed 08.21- just pipping me old Zwift racing nemesis Jason 🙂

jam-bo

Don’t know if it makes a difference but I leave mine permanently set up, in fact the bike hasn’t been off it since I bought it back end of november.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Good work crosshair.

Got the thing with the serious lag between video and turbo control again tonight. Towards the end of the ride I timed it using the sleepers in the tube, was a good minute and a half lag. Annoyingly weird riding with it. I’ve only had it since the GCN meltdown. Anyone else had this?

alp_girl
    Free Member

Don’t know if it makes a difference but I leave mine permanently set up, in fact the bike hasn’t been off it since I bought it back end of november.

Same here, that’s why I can’t work out why it has done that “crack open” thing – and I’m sub 2W/kg, so it’s not my immense power output……

dc2.0

I had no lag this evening, but had it badly during the KISS TT/GCN meltdown on Wednesday and at various other times. I have however just switched today from Bluetooth (I have a mac, so can connect bluetooth directly and don’t need to use mobile link) over to ANT+, so that might have made a difference but too early to tell.

markgraylish
    Free Member

mrblobby: have you looked at the log file in Zwiftilizer?
    That may shed some light on any problems…

mrblobby
    Free Member

mrblobby: have you looked at the log file in Zwiftilizer?

I shall investigate!

over to ANT

I’ve been using bluetooth so far but might give ANT+ a go if it gets any worse. Weird thing is I’ve only had it happen twice (tonight and the night of the GCN ride) and both on the London course.

Jason
    Free Member

That was my goal this evening dc2.0. I managed 08.21- just pipping me old Zwift racing nemesis Jason

Good effort. I have managed to do 8:22 twice now, I might have to put a bit of effort in next time I ride up there.

crosshair
    Free Member

I’m glad I sprinted at the end 😀

pahoehoe
    Free Member

After a few months of trouble free operation my t2240 has got the click/grind. Still working perfectly – just had to crank the tunes a notch to drown it out. 1 year warranty is it?

theotherjonv

Popped my zwift racing cherry this morning with a cat D Danish race or something. One lap of the London 8

Followed advice to be practically full on sprint out of the blocks and was briefly in the lead group, but that soon changed when I nearly blacked out and I gradually made my way back to mid pack where I stayed for the rest of the race. Had a good battle with a Malaysian lightweight lady and a well matched Austrian who I finally slayed on the nipple on the top of box hill (the bit where it goes back up to 10% and I nearly black out again)

Then on the downhill I’m full beans and the malaysian is doing 0w/kg in a tuck and staying with me. Is that her trainer, or is there a code to use or what?

Looked on ZP after and ended up 12/28*, with a 2.1W/kg average (203W / 160bpm – my max is about 170 so ‘quite hard’)

* Actually came 23/39, but 11 were DQ including some doing 3W/kg and more. Explains why keeping up with the lead group for the first bit nearly killed me. Why do folks enter lower cats; if people were taking this seriously** you don’t really know who you’re competing against which could affect tactics.

** I’m not, just did it to see how hard it would make me work. I’m still coughing now 90 mins later. Although I do see on message boards it REALLY pisses some people off!

Jason
    Free Member

Well done on the first race, it doesn’t get any easier.

A few things affect the descent. If you are in a group, or even sat on someone’s wheel you will descend quicker, so it is worth making the effort to get in a group before a long descent. This might mean a big effort to bridge a gap, or even easing off slightly to let a group catch you. In your case the lady behind was probably just slipstreaming you down the hill. The frame and wheels will have an impact on overall drag, so impact descending speed. And the tuck position seems to descend quicker, I think it is over 60kmph and 0w to trigger it.

On the London course always try to get in a group on the flats, and then 100% effort on the climbs.

paulevans
    Free Member

Morning all.

I’ve been Zwifting on and off for over a year now and following a recent illness I’m giving it some more attention at the mo. There seem to be a few STW clubs on Zwift – which one are you guys on?

scaredypants

Just been for a trot round Laaandan – why’s it always raining & foggy there (Brexit? 😉 )

Had something like my best shot at box hill, though trainer was at 100% “real” and I struggle to read the road in advance so I bog down / spin out every now & then. Can’t imagine ever getting under 7 min like some of our faster brethren

Got a thumbs up from somebody just as I was finishing a “sprint” effort – I suspect they were laughing too hard & hit the keyboard by mistake 😳 . If it was a STWer, cheers – I aim to amuse !

epicsteve
    Free Member

Just been for a trot round Laaandan – why’s it always raining & foggy there

Was a bit odd Zwifting in a wet London today and being able to look out the window and seeing a lovely sunny (if cold!) London outside.

Flaperon

Then on the downhill I’m full beans and the malaysian is doing 0w/kg in a tuck and staying with me. Is that her trainer, or is there a code to use or what?

If using a smart trainer just stop pedalling when going downhill and you’ll do the same…

mossimus
    Free Member

Just managed a 9:12 PB on Box hill, think if I want to break 9 minutes I will need to lose a bit of weight.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Just managed a 9:12 PB on Box hill, think if I want to break 9 minutes I will need to lose a bit of weight.

Well done! Can’t see me threatening that anytime soon!

theotherjonv

just checked my Box Hill time from this morning’s race. 12:07 previous down to [drum roll]………

12:02.

FFS

Doesn’t help that I was pretty much on the rivet all the way to Box Hill as well, might have to make a special trip in the week 😉

epicsteve
    Free Member

Doesn’t help that I was pretty much on the rivet all the way to Box Hill as well, might have to make a special trip in the week

Given a 2 second improvement would get me 2 places I might do the same – cruise round to the bottom of the hill then go for it!

mossimus
    Free Member

That was exactly what I did for my effort

b1gf00t
    Free Member

Anyone else notice some Strava weirdness? I went up Box Hill yesterday, average time – nothing special, but never recorded a time on the main hill segments. And then today did 3 hours riding around London, and got 2nd overall on a 14 minute segment that only 24 had ever attemted, from the velodrome and one lap around Whitehall, Palace and the Strand.

If it was outdoor I would blame the trees affecting the GPS.

dc2.0

Were you taking random turns to make a combo segment few others use?

markgraylish
    Free Member

There seem to be a few STW clubs on Zwift – which one are you guys on?

STW Zwifters….

jam-bo

Stop pedalling. I can hit 75 kph down fox hill by rolling over the top and freewheeling down the other side.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Seems like scope for reverse weight doping!

jam-bo

Are you saying my bum looks big…

Viewing 40 posts - 2,361 through 2,400 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.