• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,281 through 2,320 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • weeksy

Ooooh. Hopefully I’ll get a chance in the morning as I think it switches on us time. So if I get on early I may be able to have a crack at it.
    Well done BTW.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Cheers. Looked like I backed off a bit early though as I was 15 seconds behind your PB for the London Loop Forward full lap!

theotherjonv

how do I search for segments on strava that are zwift ones? To compare times / etc.?

I know they’re there, as others have linked to them but I can’t find how to search for them myself!!

[ok, think I sussed it out]

NZCol

Zwifted tonight for the first time, lap round boxhill. There was a STWer behind me for a bit-how so I join the Stw club ?
    Initial impressions are good, certainly livens up an hour in the garage while on parenting duties.

nathb
    Free Member

I was on earlier riding with a mate, gave a fellow stw’er a ride on.

Was aiming to set a new PB up box hill but my rear wheel kept slipping…and trying to save my legs for the weekend 😆

simondbarnes

Was aiming to set a new PB up box hill but my rear wheel kept slipping…

It’s been a bit icy out

cheers_drive

I binned the KISS race halfway because my screen kept freezing dropping me 5s back from the group I was in. Went up box hill for the first time instead, fairly consistent 280w all the way up, unfortunately I weight 94kg though.
    Was my second outing using the Tacx Flow, it’s really creaky which was doing my head in. Time to get the silicone spray out. I also struggled with the resistance which seems too much on little rises, with no considerations for the momentum. Resistance was fine on box hill.

zilog6128

STW Box Hill comp is hotting up I see! Managed to knock a minute or so off my PR tonight, not quite troubling the top 10 yet though (probably need to lose at least 5kg for that!)

cheers_drive

What Strava segment for box hill are we using? it doesn’t correlate with the Swift kom

markgraylish
    Free Member

STW Box Hill comp is hotting up I see! Managed to knock a minute or so off my PR tonight, not quite troubling the top 10 yet though

Bollocks! I’ve not been paying attention and dropped about 8 spots!
    (And I’m pretty sure I’ve peaked already)

epicsteve
    Free Member

What Strava segment for box hill are we using? it doesn’t correlate with the Swift kom

This one

nathb
    Free Member

Oo I did set a new personal best last night 🙄

I think it’s much easier to set a new PB in a race – you can hang on to someone else’s wheel then haha.

cheers_drive

Thanks, 37th, 1 place in front of weeksy 😉

weeksy

Oh FFS, i was going to ride outside again ! Now i’ve got to do the Box Hill climb today haven’t I …. !

Althoguh, i have to admit, i’m not actually convinced i CAN beat it !

scaredypants

Now i’ve got to do the Box Hill climb today haven’t I ….

I think there’s enough potential, globally, for tit-for-tat hostilities even without a battle of box hill

(so give it a day to sink in … and THEN smash* him !)

((*see my classifieds ad for ebike))

weeksy

LOL i wonder if anyone us using Ebikes on turbos yet !

blader1611
    Free Member

Not really sure/why but according to ZP i won yesterdays London ride, pretty certain i was 3rd as i lost a sprint with another user and we both got dropped by another guy. A win is a win though and it put STW name up there so hoping for some advertising revenue from stw towers!

blader1611
    Free Member

Anyone doing a race later this morning? Poss looking at the evr race at 11.05

weeksy

I was consdiering it too Blader but doesn’t take in Box hill LOL. So i was then looking ast the 2pm Zwift race…

Not sure at this stage.

HAve you sorted your digital EPO out now 😉 no point racing you if you’re still on your A turbo 😛

blader1611
    Free Member

Yeah sorted it out now. Dismantled the turbo as much as i could and removed all the junk and rust (sat for 2 years in damp garage) and fixed the resistance cable and it seems to work a treat now. I am not going full out today so just going to play at the back of the field and do some manual interval resistance training to build some strength in to the legs.

mashiehood
    Free Member

14th in the STW box hill league table – must try harder and get under 7 minutes – this weekend, balls out! 😯

weeksy

LOL @ Under 6…. some of us are trying to get under 10 !

mashiehood
    Free Member

oops – a tad ambitious with under 6 ( i meant 7 and now corrected) balls back in the sack!!!!

NZCol

How do I join the STW group ?

cheers_drive

How do I join the STW group ?

There’s a link to the Strava group up ^ there somewhere

cheers_drive

I asked last night but I ask again for the daytime crew:

Zwift often freezes for a few seconds and when it restarts I’m then a few seconds behind the group I was in. Is the a connection issue (I’m on wifi) or a Ant+ drop out?

Also does anyone elses Flow Smart creak really badly? It’s not the low rpm roller noise that some people have, It’s in the frame or axle somewhere.Sounds like i’m riding and old boneshaker bike, the silence of my old Elite Chrono fluid is missed.

jam-bo
    b1gf00t
    Free Member

Zwift often freezes for a few seconds and when it restarts I’m then a few seconds behind the group I was in. Is the a connection issue (I’m on wifi) or a Ant+ drop out?

To find out get your latest log file from Zwift\logs and drop it on zwiftalizer.com. It will show Ant+ and wifi strength and dropout occurrences.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Thanks, 37th, 1 place in front of weeksy

But 3 places behind me…!

cheers_drive

Thanks b1gf00t, looks like it’s ANT+ drop outs

weeksy

10.03 you’re not getting any lower than that from me for the forseeable !

cheers_drive

But 3 places behind me…!

Is that a challenge? 😀
    I reckon I’ve got another minute in me, my av bpm was 156 for the segment, I’ve done a whole 1 hour race at 162.

jam-bo

23rd! i’m going backwards.

the current overall KoM(3m50!!!) passed me last night halfway up… a constant 12 W/kg all the time I could see him on the rider board…..

I did think about dropping my weight to 20kg and taking chase…

epicsteve
    Free Member

10.03 you’re not getting any lower than that from me for the forseeable !

Excellent – well done. That’s almost perfect because not only is it an improvement in your time it’s still a few seconds slower than mine…!

mashiehood
    Free Member

I did think about dropping my weight to 20kg and taking chase…

you will only be cheating yourself 😉
    If i am not tempted by post work ales,i will be on it this eve

weeksy

Average HR 167 for me… MAx of 173 for it….

My absolute max is just under 180…. so should give you an idea of how hard i was trying.

Average of 287W with a max of 323w

epicsteve
    Free Member

Is that a challenge?
    I reckon I’ve got another minute in me, my av bpm was 156 for the segment, I’ve done a whole 1 hour race at 162.

Without the ANT+ dropout I had last night and with a tiny bit extra effort (which is all I have in me!) I might be able to improve to maybe 9:45 but can’t see me going any quicker than that without losing some weight. I averaged 271W and 169bpm for the climb last night and that has got to be pretty close to my max (my 1 hour FTP is about 230W and my max HR about 180).

weeksy

Excellent – well done. That’s almost perfect because not only is it an improvement in your time it’s still a few seconds slower than mine…!

I was watching the clock constantly, knowing you were a 9.57… I was seeing 9.50… Highest i saw was 10.11.. I knew with about 500m to go that unless i could hit 350w i wasn’t going to make 9.56

epicsteve
    Free Member

I was watching the clock constantly, knowing you were a 9.57… I was seeing 9.50… Highest i saw was 10.11.. I knew with about 500m to go that unless i could hit 350w i wasn’t going to make 9.56

Looking at the compare tool in Strava it looks like you were about 6 seconds ahead at the 2/3rds point of the climb before dropping back a bit. Looks like we’d have been pretty close all the way up though.

mossimus
    Free Member

I seem to be way off the pace on Box Hill, kinda mirrors IRL for me. Is it still London course tomorrow? If it is i might see if I can bring my time down a bit.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,281 through 2,320 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.