• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 6,721 through 6,760 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • weeksy

Nah, grinding 50000m elevation for the ultra realistic Tron bike is not game like at all – pure training aid

But youve still climbed hours and hours to get to that, whether the bike is real or not, your effort was

blader1611
    Free Member

Weeksy dont get sucked in to it.

scaredypants

too late, he’s the biggest addict I know

– oh

😉

nathb
    Free Member

So I signed up to the Team Worlds race on 25th November, which will be on the figure 8 course.

Nathan has just actually read what this will involve:
    All Category A Teams will depart the start line at exactly 1300pm(GMT) and complete 4 full laps @ 119.2km.

So that’s:
    119.2km / 74 miles
    936m / 3,070ft of climbing

40 min laps, so 2 hours 40 mins of racing and I can’t eat carbs or sugar…

!!!!!!!!!!

scaled
    Free Member

3000ft/74 miles? That’s practically downhill.

Need a domestique? 😀

crosshair
    Free Member

Better get the credit card out for a gallon of sea water Nath 😆

nathb
    Free Member

It’s more the endurance that I’m worried about than the hills, I am do 100km group ride which is sub 3w/kg on just buttery coffee. But really not sure on fuelling strategy for 120km at race pace.

Not sure my expensive sea water is going to help that much CH 😆

Cheers for the offer scaled but it’s in teams.

weeksy

why can’t you have sugar/carbs ?

blader1611
    Free Member

Nathb – i am also in the Worlds event too but obviously in the B category. I am joining MGCC who are based out of Toronto but unlike you i have not read anything about it, is the B race that long as well?

Edit: also unlike you i will be stuffing my face full of carbs and sugar because i dont know of any other mineral, i am a carb beast.

scaredypants

I’m not in it but willing to give up carbs for 2-3 hours

*unlike that weeksy – he doesn’t get it at all 🙄 *

crosshair
    Free Member

Basically, his fiancé thought he was thick so said he had to go into ketosis to improve his brain function* 😆

Nath, I don’t think there’s much you can do other than to cap your output to avoid running out of glycogen. I’d be worried about my body breaking down muscle for fuel in an effort that long and hard. Perhaps you could top up on protein for the first hour or so to make sure it’s readily available??? (That’s a guess- haven’t even googled it 😆 )

*That is an innocent joke in case I’ve unwittingly been inappropriate 😆

weeksy

*That is an innocent joke in case I’ve unwittingly been inappropriate

You ? Surely not… 😉

You do have a reputation for cyber bullying me though.

🙂

piemonster

Sick enough to be off work, but too sick for an hour on Zwift?

I figure some light exercise will flush out the virus!

weeksy

Just make sure your boss can’t Strava stalk you PieM 😉

crosshair
    Free Member

Hahahahaha! 😀 You deserve it though for being so stubborn 😛

piemonster

Activities set to private as a default 😀

blader1611
    Free Member

Piemonster – a gentle spin with the A riders should flush the virus and most of your internal organs out 😀

scaled
    Free Member

WFH today so did the 8:05 WBR flat in the As, my first podium* 😀

Saw one guy go up the road and didn’t bother chasing him down, then another 4 or so got away on the hill, chased him down and stayed away. It took an effort that required a new max HR to chase them down.

Gonna have a proper rest day on sat before riding over to Leeds on Sunday

*and more importantly my first race where i wasn’t DQ’d!

crosshair
    Free Member

Nice result- well done 🙂

weeksy

Marvellous work scaled!

blader1611
    Free Member

Nice result scaled, dont forget to polish the trophy before you put it in stw cabinet.

I see you are riding over to my town of leeds on Sunday. I think its gonna be pretty chilly here so a few layers required.

I just did a 1 lapper for the first time and i managed to stuff that up. Stayed with mostly A’s all the way to the finish line errr why is everyone going hard for the cool down? Yep you guessed it,that was the warm up lap and that finish line is the start line,doh! I had sat there recovering for 30secs so i had to go again but i was spent so i rode in with a C rider who beat me to the line. I MUST PAY MORE ATTENTION.

weeksy

hahahahahaa you daft sod 🙂

weeksy

you still beat me by 1min 30 !

scaredypants

I just did a 1 lapper for the first time and i managed to stuff that up. Stayed with mostly A’s all the way to the finish line errr why is everyone going hard for the cool down? Yep you guessed it,that was the warm up lap and that finish line is the start line,doh! I had sat there recovering for 30secs so i had to go again but i was spent so i rode in with a C rider who beat me to the line. I MUST PAY MORE ATTENTION

High 5 – I’ve done exactly that

fifeandy
    Free Member

2 hours 40 mins of racing and I can’t eat carbs or sugar…

Enjoy the bonk when it comes 😀

weeksy

This CVR and ZP stuff is weird…

I’m 12th in Div 7 on CVR, so i looked and saw the guy in 1st is LOTS of points ahead… so thought i’d look how

http://www.zwiftrankings.com/vcr/client/racer/194599/2017r11/all/7/1/0/0/1/1

He collected 197 points in 1 race.. oh.. he beat Tim Cartwright ! in a 1 lapper….

http://www.zwiftrankings.com/vcr/client/result/14914/40368/2017r11/all/7/1/0/0/1/1

But…

https://www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=14914

He got DQ’d from that race for 5.72 w/kg!

So why on earth does his points count in CVR if he’s booted out of the race.

I don’t care in the context that if he is that quick he won’t be near me for long…. but just weird that they’re not integrated in any way so a DQ doesn’t get a DQ.

weeksy

WBR 1 lapper for me today…. Didn’t quite work out as well in some ways as the groups split early and i spent a decent majority of the race alone. I managed to hold the guys in front at 7s, i closed them down to 3s at one stage and thought i may get to them but dropped off again to 6s, then some guy joined me from behind who was also a C and when i was responding to an STWer on chat, the other fella jumped off the front and breached the gap to the 3 in front. Ooops. Not convinced i could have gone with him anyway.
    The rest of the lap was alone then for 8-9 mins and i was just concentrating on not letting the guy behind catch me. Held him fine at around 20s back.

My suspicions were correct anyway and the other Cs were bumped, leaving me with a Cat win again in C and 3.14w/kg

I suspect it will be lower on the rankings points, i’ll be happy with a 0 i rekon for this one.

crosshair
    Free Member

Don’t forget CVR and ZP aren’t related at all. (Although Frank did try and buy Zwiftpower out!)
    The DQ can be reinstated with Zada approval I guess….

scaled
    Free Member

What does the red background mean on the stats mean?

Do i have to do anything?

weeksy

Highest/lowest in the race.

So red there is highest power figures, you’ll also have one for highst/lowest weight in race.

It’s not a ‘problem’ just an observational thing

weeksy

The DQ can be reinstated with Zada approval I guess…

He better be bloody good in real life to prove he can beat Cartwright

blader1611
    Free Member

EDIT: i actually got SILVER in the 1 lapper which given i stopped at the start i guess was down to pure luck than cycling prowess.

To make up for my stupidity in the 1 lapper i decided to punish myself with the EVR 2 laps of greater london loop. Oh boy was that a pain fest. With legs already wounded from the 1 lapper and not having really anything to eat the first lap felt pretty pacey. First climb up box hill was done in only 7:54 which isnt that quick but my legs felt otherwise. I was in a niice little group of 7 so we pushed along nicely but thankfully the 2nd lap was a little slower so i was able to recover a small amount for box hill number 2. I decided i was going to lead out and try and make it faster than lap 1 but i splintered the group pretty quickly so it was only 2 of us but i pushed on and did it in 7:49. I was then blowing out of my bumhole all the way to the line but he beat me by a second or so. That is me done for zwifting now this week and thats official.

crosshair
    Free Member

He’s not even registered on ZP so doubt he is legit- or cares. And until organisers ask for some kind of commitment from racers, it won’t really change.

piemonster

Whilst plodding along in Z2 I’ve been wondering.

What are the pros and cons of an FTP builder over race prep training program?

Only real objective is to develop fitness.

BadlyWiredDog

Only real objective is to develop fitness.

It depends on how you define ‘fitness’. FTP is simply a notional measure of the power output you can sustain over one hour, but it doesn’t measure any other aspect of your performance, like the ability to recover from anaerobic efforts – handy for a lot of mountain biking – or sustain an effort above threshold. And it’ll depend on the FTP builder programme too, if it’s just focussed on improving your FTP test performance, or if it has other, more general aims too.

So I guess the question is ‘fitness for what’?

piemonster

2hr to 12hr MTB rides, some slow and steady, some as fast as I can go.

I guess without a specific event to nail it down it’ll be hard to define which is better.

Hmmm

nathb
    Free Member

crosshair
    Basically, his fiancé thought he was thick so said he had to go into ketosis to improve his brain function*

Nath, I don’t think there’s much you can do other than to cap your output to avoid running out of glycogen. I’d be worried about my body breaking down muscle for fuel in an effort that long and hard. Perhaps you could top up on protein for the first hour or so to make sure it’s readily available??? (That’s a guess- haven’t even googled it )

*That is an innocent joke in case I’ve unwittingly been inappropriate

Haha pretty much! 🙂

Also trying to rid the bacteria in my stomach that feeds off sugar so I can stop taking omeprazole…

I think I’ll be using coconut chunks as energy source 😆

fifeandy –
    2 hours 40 mins of racing and I can’t eat carbs or sugar…
    Enjoy the bonk when it comes

I’m used to bonking, even on my Sunday 100km group rides. It just normally it happens around 75km mark for 2-5 mins of pain, and then I get a second wind. Really am entering the unknown 🙂

Anyway, I guess I’m about to find out! 😆

cosmokramer
    Free Member

@piemonster

I’m 1.5 weeks into a 6 week FTP builder, basically the focus seems to be on 30/40min intervals at threshold and sweetspot with only a few VO2max / anaerobic efforts.

Compared to racing which I think is mostly tempo (provided you can stay in a group) with anaerobic efforts during surges

Believe the research shows that training at or just under threshold with adequate recovery has a beneficial effect on your FTP.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Can someone explain the Zwift Power results page to me? Shouldn’t the figures in the 95% and 20m columns be swapped?

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Also trying to rid the bacteria in my stomach that feeds off sugar so I can stop taking omeprazole…

I’m not a doctor but I was always led to believe that stomach bacteria fed on fat not carbohydrate but I guess you are taking advice from a doctor not an internet forum! 😆

Having said that I “cured” my father’s ulcer after watching a Horizon program and getting the doctor to put him on a course of bismuth and antibiotics after taking Zantac for decades.

Viewing 40 posts - 6,721 through 6,760 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.