• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 6,561 through 6,600 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • weeksy

That is weird. How did all the C’s smash all the B’s?

jam-bo

Most weren’t C’s? Only 4 in the top 30 under 3.1 W/kg.

jam-bo

I wasn’t expecting it to be so fast and until the climb it wasn’t, then it went a bit bonkers.

Even got a new FTP figure from zwift, mostly from my solo TT effort to try and ride myself back into the lead group

scaredypants

was a big field jam bo, maybe they split the B and C groups and the B race was just slower ?

(did you see any Bs in your race?)

Weird, that Bob McGlue who won the B is fast – dropped me like a red-hot turd when I was in his bunch once

jam-bo

Could see them on course and map and draft etc but not in sidebar.

crosshair
    Free Member

Bob Mcglue beat me in a sprint. He’s a Cat 3 roadie on British Cycling 🙂

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/points?person_id=404032&year=2017&d=4

crosshair
    Free Member

Beat Nath at Hillingdon too 😆

jam-bo

Looking at the B times, they are all really spread out and a much smaller field.

Guess the C’s got a bit carried away.

leeroybrown
    Free Member

I didn’t feel so bad about Bob Mcglue kicking my arse in multiple races now

scaredypants

He’s a Cat 3 roadie

44 points – my maths makes him cat2 ?? do they not roll over ’til the end of the year ?

nathb
    Free Member
    crosshair
    Free Member

He wasn’t in that race though 😆

Cus he’d upgraded 😆

weeksy
    crosshair
    Free Member

I don’t care if it’s your thread- bugger off with those sorts of pics, there’s a whole forum for that rubbish 😆

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/forum/bike-chat

nathb
    Free Member

crosshair
    He wasn’t in that race though

Cus he’d upgraded

Oops I’d just searched for his name on the races, didn’t realise that 😆

Anyone joining for the 100k tomorrow morning at 8:30am?

nathb
    Free Member

P.s. Just seen that Zwiftpower are really starting to clamp down on dubious riders now 🙂

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1480496752019654&set=gm.546113125734197&type=3&theater&ifg=1

weeksy

8 lap volcano. You know it’s going to be hard when your first 4 laps are all 5:50 or lower eeek!!
    End of lap 5 I lost the group I was in and solo’d a while trying to grab the odd wheel. Caught 2 guys who’d been dumped out the back and left them, the 2 guys from behind were flying up to me, it was only when they caught me I realised they’d jumped on with some As from other category race. I hung on for 1/2 lap until the hill up to finish line where they pulled away.

So I was then alone for laps 7-8 trying to hang on ahead of the 2 behind me.

Over the line I was 15/69 so we’ll see what happens after the sort out and DQs if any.

Found it hard after a 4 hour ride in the slop yesterday, but enjoyable anyway.

weeksy

That’s frustrating. 10 out of 15 “suggested upgrade for exceeding category limits. The result has been configured to allow this to stand”

I don’t get that at all. There’s one guy at 4.1 and a couple at 3.75. Why on earth are they racing in C?

eemy
    Free Member

You know that you are a ‘B’ Weeksy. Embrace it.

weeksy

Lol hell no. Once upon a time for about a fortnight in March I was debatable for a B. But that soon went away.
    Now I’m not even a good C.

weeksy

Lol hell no. Once upon a time for about a fortnight in March I was debatable for a B. But that soon went away.
    Now I’m not even a good C.

weeksy

https://www.zwiftpower.com/profile.php?id=1905817

This guy was ahead of me, constantly races in B, if he tries a C, he gets upgraded.

Same with the others.

jk501
    Free Member

Perhaps there will come a time when you enter a race and the system assigns you a category based on previous performances. Not that I know how that could be done.

eemy
    Free Member

Weeksy, I did a ‘Tea Race’ yesterday and the only options seemed to be ‘A’ or ‘C’, so maybe he chose the c-cat based on that

weeksy

I’m over it now. It was a good race, decent ride, good workout, so I’m happy.

scaled
    Free Member

First race in 20 mins, missed the KISS one by seconds.

No idea what cat to enter!

weeksy

Good luck matey!

scaredypants

yeh, good luck @scaled

scaled
    Free Member

So what have I forgotten to do?

Fan on, water bottle full, shoes are done up.

Worrying my heart rate is over 100bpm just keeping my legs warm on the start line

weeksy

You’ve forgotten how hard it will be!

scaredypants

LOL, just doing a bit of zwift stalking – unless he’s 120kg, the lad’s no “C” 😆

crosshair
    Free Member

Even if they once registered, I bet loads of guys never check ZP.
    In which case, they neither know nor care what a fuss they create 😆

scaled
    Free Member

Oh sweet baby Jesus, that hurt.

4th, 10 secs behind behind the A’s. They murdered me on the last climb where they all busted out some feathered ninja power up bollocks and left me for dead while they put out 8+ w/kg

weeksy

Lol awesome!

scaredypants

well raced ! it all looked faaaast from here

(you’ll surely get a bump or a DQ but so what)

crosshair
    Free Member

Niiiiice 🙂

scaredypants

Those 1 lappers are bastards, right enough

I did one where the lead-in was so long and fast I thought we’d finished.
    Sprinted for the banner, took the win and then relaxed … as the pack flew by to start the actual lap 😳

jk501
    Free Member

Even if they once registered, I bet loads of guys never check ZP.
    In which case, they neither know nor care what a fuss they create

Ha yeah true enough.

Great ride scaled! Is ZP working at the moment? It seems a few races behind results wise.

I also see Andre greipel broke zwift yesterday when over 800 showed up for his ALS ride. Zwift still has a few growing pains to sort out

muggomagic

I’m back to racing today. Had a week off after a otb at the Southern Enduro left me with a dead leg all last week. Managed a very gentle zwift ride last Thursday and then a rather muddy but brilliant outing in the Surrey Hills yesterday and it feels alright.
    Looking at the 6pm WBR 4 lap flat race as a nice welcome back at only 27km.
    Anyone else entering an event this evening?

weeksy

Night off tonight 😉

Not sure how many times i’ve written that now and then still raced… but this time i mean it…. .honest.

Viewing 40 posts - 6,561 through 6,600 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.