• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,801 through 5,840 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • weeksy

phil56 – Member
    I did the WBR four lap race yesterday evening, but got bumped out of the results because I’m not on a smart trainer – is that just an WBR thing or does this happen a lot?

What Cat was that in ?

muggomagic

I did the WBR four lap race yesterday evening, but got bumped out of the results because I’m not on a smart trainer – is that just an WBR thing or does this happen a lot?

Did you have a heart rate monitor connected? I think WBR state that anyone not on a smart turbo without one gets DQ’d

Copied from the WBR race description

While TeamWBR wants to be inclusive, we also want to have race results that are robust and as fair as possible. Therefore certain rider setups will not be included in official Zwift Power or Cycligent Virtual Ranking results. All non-HRM or zPower will be DQ’ed either automatically or upon request by anyone who feels that it is needed. Many don’t care, so they do not need to request, but if someone cares, they tell Frederic Jacquemin and the DQ is made.

phil56

Cat B, and I did have a heart rate monitor.

weeksy

maybe someone reported you and the binned you then ?

phil56

Looking at the results in zwiftpower my weight is in a red box (as are a couple of others) Any idea what that signifies?

muggomagic

I think that just highlights the weights outside the average, so it will highlight light as well as heavier riders. I’m always in the red as I’m a fat bastard.

muggomagic

The good thing about the WBR races is if you join their facebook group you can ask the questions of the race organisers and they are generally pretty good at giving feedback on reasons for upgrades and DQs.

jam-bo

it used to mean the highest value in that column for your category.

cosmokramer
    Free Member

Really enjoying these Zwift races at the moment (3 weeks in) but what are the opinions on just doing races all winter in preparation for spring vs. doing something more structured?

Also noticed there are a couple of group workouts appearing on Zwiftpower…anyone done one of these?

weeksy

Mate of mine did the Zwift workout, said it was quite strange as it uses ‘elastic’ to hold the group together… So even slower riders are still dragged at the group speed… .How, i have no idea… But it does mean if you’re quick/slow, you still end up in a group ride. I guess you have to use your power for your training, rather than your actual speed.

cosmokramer
    Free Member

Yeah Weeksy, the ride summary says that the rubber banding only stops if you stop pedaling completely. Not sure what the benefit of the group is other than the knowledge that some poor bastard in Japan in going through the same VO2Max hell as you

nathb
    Free Member

I’m more nervous about tonight’s race than I get normally when I’m about to race at Hillingdon 😆

I guess it’s like a trip to the dentist, you know it’s going to be a pain fest either in the room or on the way out when you get the bill 😆

blader1611
    Free Member

Oh wise zwifters i have an issue/conundrum i would like to pass by you if i may. I have just done the KISS race but it was a very weird ride. I updated my tacx beforehand and did 3 calibration tests to be sure wheel was of correct tightness. In the warm up on the line i sensed that my pedalling didnt really seem to tally up with what the screen was showing but i just ignored it. Start the race as normal i.e mad dash and all went well and i was at the front but i was cruising in a gear 2 further down the cassette than normal pulling usual cadence. This is normally a gear i use if i have to put in a 30 second burst to catch people. Then somebody in the race said the physics of the game were very poor at the minute but he didnt elaborate. Also there was no list showing where you were in your category and the listing showed all cats not just your own. Do we think zwift was playing up or has the tacx update altered something and does this mean i have just had an easier ride because of it or been running wrong/harder all this time before todays update. It just felt a little easier today almost like less resistance so a bit more spinny but the stats dont appear too much different to normal.

weeksy

Don’t know the answer, but this is why i like having Crosshair nearby, as he can bring a bike over with a known good configuration of his power meter, stick on turbo and compare results.

You know a mate with a Stages/whatever ?

Kryton57

Can Zwift import Garmin workouts?

My coaching software will output the desired effort into Garmin workout form, which of course I can use with Swift it just mean one eye on the Garmin for the start/end of intervals, but it’d be nice to have them in Zwift

weeksy

you can create your own workout 100%. It’s just a question of setting the intervals and the associated power/times required.

I don’t know if you can import though sorry.

I just created a 5 min workout yesterday in ERG mode at 200w.. it was quick and took 30s to created.

Kryton57

Oh, no forget it – its able to export as .ZWO – Zwift workouts. Cool – goodbye Trainerroad….

blader1611
    Free Member

Weeksy no mates with power meters plus also no mates 🙂

Look at the results for the cat B and how close that top 10 are, now thst was an exciting race tinged with a little disappointment with my placing but only 3 mins slower than Mr Cartwright.

Cat B result

weeksy

We’re taking all your previous results as bogus then and you’re not actually quicker than me after all 😉

nathb
    Free Member

blader1611 – Member
    Weeksy no mates with power meters plus also no mates

Look at the results for the cat B and how close that top 10 are, now thst was an exciting race tinged with a little disappointment with my placing but only 3 mins slower than Mr Cartwright.

Cat B result

He’s already raced today!! Music to my ears!!

Although if those stats are to believed he was just on tick over…

But not to distract, nice result there, well done mate!

blader1611
    Free Member

I tried to up the pace to tire him out for you nath but it soon became apparent after about 4 yards that he could idle faster than i can sprint.

weeksy

LOL i feel like that against you and ScaredyP !

nathb
    Free Member

Thanks, appreciated 8)

pop-larkin
    Free Member

OK please be gentle here

I’ve just invested in a tacx2240 and went on the other night to just check things linked up ok and using Bluetooth got on the phone etc like a dream

so…..what do I do now?

Should I get used to it all via ftp type stuff or what?

I’m frankly a bit intimidated by all this race talk so want to ease myself in before making Cat D my own!

weeksy

turn it on…. ride… Just that simple mate.

Ride round, if someone comes by you and you’re feeling good, get after them…. next thing you know you pick up another couple of randoms, suddenly you’re a bunch of 4 drafting and you’re trying to stick with the fast guy…. next thing you know there’s a pool of sweat under you and 45 mins have gone by…

muggomagic

I’d say just go for a shortish flat race or maybe a group ride if there’s one when you have time available. Enter as Cat D if you like, you’ll only be upgraded if you are outside the limits.
    Just riding around is ok and certainly better than any amount of time spent on a normal trainer but doing it in a group makes it more interesting and racing gives you the motivation to push yourself. Even if you don’t manage to stick with the main group you’ll find someone to race.

piemonster

so…..what do I do now?

Download the mobile link app?

Have a look at the Zwift Calendar online as well.

There’s a Pack sub2 ride at 7pm, should have a big group size and is an easy pace.

SamB
    Free Member

Sooooo… I’m considering joining the Zwift-ness over winter. What’s the concensus on a decent turbo?

I’ve got £300-400 to spend. Previously had a Kinetic Rock n Roll and loved the ride quality, but the new smart units are a) expensive, b) not ANT+ compatible. So they’ll work with Zwift, but won’t report data to my Garmin.

Two options I’m looking at atm are 1) just get a Rock n Roll “smart” and sort the resistance manually via the gears, or 2) find some more cash for a second hand Wahoo Kickr or similar.

What would the hive mind do? Any experience of non-smart trainers on Zwift?

weeksy

Can’t make the 16:05 now. Bums!

Footy match at school for my boy and I’m there to support him.
    Not sure when I’ll get on now or whether it will be an event or not. Liverpool playing later so will be watching that with my boy. Maybe about 5pm.

nathb
    Free Member

Why would you want the info on your garmin??

My Tacx vortex broadcasts on both bluetooth and ant+ simultaneously, I’m sure many others do too.

I wouldn’t find Zwift as engaging with a standard trainer..

Weeksy, 8pm race is calling!!!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

My flux is trying to kill me – last used in March, didn’t seem this hard then

I’ve had numerous powermeters over the years and I know my FTP is in the range of 265-305 depending on fitness – but after an hour on the volcano flat (one excursion over the 4km Hill) and I’m struggling to hold 160ish – just feels like treacle

Settings are all standard, and calibrated in the tacx app

Any suggestion?

weeksy

Weeksy, 8pm race is calling!!!

That’s when me and my lad are watching football.

6pm or 6:10pm looking likely.

muggomagic

Weeksy you $##t 😀

That was a killer. I went out way too quick and stayed at the front with a very fast group for 1.5 laps then dropped back stayed there for another lap then really died and had to solo TT to try and stay ahead of another group who caught me on the last hill. Stayed with them and 2 guys used PU on the sprint finish. Took one of them but couldn’t quite catch the other who had just enough to take a photo finish.
    Definitely wasn’t at my best though. Legs still heavy from a big MTB ride Sunday and a sore back. Glad it’s over.

weeksy

Sorry fella, I did try to give you notice on here.
    To make things worse, they lost 4-1.

I’m going for the 6pm, 3 laps reverse hilly. Ewwww.

muggomagic

No worries mate. Glad I didn’t see it tbh as I probably wouldn’t have ridden.

blader1611
    Free Member

Reverse hilly route is easy, there is only 1 hill, much prefer that was than normal route.
    Anyone who has zwifted today was the rider list working ok? I could see every cat and had no ranking for my category like it used to be before the last update.

eemy
    Free Member

Zwift has suddenly become very very hard work. Where have all of these fast, fit people come from?

piemonster

I’ve got £300-400 to spend

This was my original budget. I ended up with the following;

1 – Elite Direto trainer
    1 – new iPad
    1- Tacx tablet mount
    3 – 6×4 12mm high density rubber gym mats
    1 – big chrome electric fan

Hope that helps 😆

Ps, I’d get the Wahoo Kickr Snap (the Kickr is the expensive wheel off version, the Kickr snap is the £500 one). Actually, I’d get the Elite Direto.

nathb
    Free Member

From the outside world. 😆

muggomagic

It was working ok for 3 laps. Then the rider list disappeared from the screen altogether. It was showing on the mobile link app though.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,801 through 5,840 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.