• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,441 through 5,480 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • weeksy

Well i guess we need to post up about the disasters as well as the good days.

KISS C 7 laps volcano CCW.

Used to be my favourite layout this one. Race started HARD…. the new position in the race icon jobbie is useful, it told me there was 22 of us in the group and we were flying, everywhere i looked was 4.0wkg ! 1/2 warm uoo lap done and going OK, then onto the laps proper, first one went well, but damn it was hard. The legs were struggling and the HR WAS 172…. OUCH ! That’s over and above my paygrade to sustain !…. Laptime 5:43, new PR ! Seriously ! WTF…. hhhahahahaa.

I then went downhill and stuck in a 6:13 with a smaller group off the back of the fast lads….

I then bailed…. Legs and heart were not there today.

🙁

scaredypants

Nowt wrong with a short blast weeksy (unless you REALLY need to rest up)

The short climbs on that ciruit make it harder than it looks, I think

(looking like I might make the 20.00 show after all – life got the better of me for this morning’s potential ride and I fancy a bloody good kicking from some skinny whippets bit of a ride)

weeksy

I’m ok with it, looking at my Strava, both my first 2 laps were my fastest EVER ! So it was really going to go wrong after that. I think the fact i was on the 29er takes off about 5% too based upon previous months riding.
    My biggest issue was that i didn’t really get a chance to settle, i didn’t drop below about 170bpm, whereas on London/Watopia you get a chance to drop into the 160-165 to recover a bit…

Good luck tonight !

nathb
    Free Member

5:38 according to https://www.strava.com/segments/14032426

Nice!

Who’s “PrinceLeonThethirdDukeofUZbekiSTaNalsod’kAtGlanDz Smith.”??

piemonster

From the perspective of someone who can find time for the turbo, but isn’t always able to leave the house.

I think I get this!

weeksy

Just been out on the 29er on the lanes for an hour, was disappointed in myself for bailing this morning, so a serviing of punishment was in order !

Weird thing this cycling lark… I had no legs this morning. Then i’ve just taken 40s off my PR on a 4min hill climb out of the village and 1min off the time to the end of the longer 7 min segment. The PR time before was set on the carbon Isaac too ! But i’ve just trounced it !

scaredypants

you, my old son, are bonkers !

Tiger6791

Then i’ve just taken 40s off my PR on a 4min hill climb out of the village and 1min off the time to the end of the longer 7 min segment. The PR time before was set on the carbon Isaac too ! But i’ve just trounced it !

For the past few rides I’ve been recording on my route on iPhone SE via Strava, Garmin Forerunner on my wrist and a Garmin Edge 800 on the handle bars. (3 devices per ride)

Each can record wildly different times on the same segment. I now no longer really put any store on anything Strava says… it’s just a guide..

weeksy

scaredypants – Member
    you, my old son, are bonkers !

I was honestly very angry/frustrated/disappointed in myself for not having it this morning. So i had a choice of a blast on the KTM or an hour on the pedals before collecting my lad after his rugby session. So thought “sod it, i’m going to vent the frustrations”…

I’ve got tomorrow off cycling as i’m doing motorbike stuff instead and have hopefully a long ride on Friday planned.

blader1611
    Free Member

Time for my own disaster write up.

Fourth day of racing in a row and my legs felt tired just setting the bike up so 42km of watopia flat was going to be hard,even harder when there were only 4 of us in cat B! I was with the lead group of A&B riders but i was dropped after only 8km after i misjudged the climb and my legs just went pop. Thought about bailing as i had no heart or fight for a solo 32km but i stuck with it and kept up a reasonable pace but i was constantly fighting lactic build up even in an easy gear. What then confused me was i was 2nd in my group a long way behind the leader then all of a sudden with about 7km to go 2 riders caught me up who had the WBR tag but nothing showing on my list so i just assumed they were randoms. I tagged along and decided to lead them on and then in the last 1.5km they both shot off like stabbed rats so i let them go thinking nothing of it. It turns out they were fast cat C riders and i had led them to silver and bronze in cat b as they were upgraded leaving me resigned to 4th! School boy error but in all honesty my legs were shot so i think a few days off is in order,4 days of fasted racing is probably my limit. Each day has seen my stats lower which proves my legs are tired plus it shouldnt be so bloody hard to go slower!

scaredypants

nothing showing on my list

yeah, I’ve had similar but the reverse – was dropped by the front pack but had a guy with me who was almost forcing me to draft him & do some through&off (your honour!). He was strong, too.

Felt like I was cheating so I let him go. He turned out to be a cat A rider and just maybe we could’ve got back in if we’d worked at it properly

blader1611
    Free Member

Thats the one thing about only seeing your cat in the list now you just have no idea where or who anyone else is on the road.

weeksy

blader1611 – Member
    Thats the one thing about only seeing your cat in the list now you just have no idea where or who anyone else is on the road.

I guess the argument is that it doesn’t actually matter… Which is fine if you auto DQ everyone outside the limits, but if you auto upgrade as per that race, then you REALLY want to know who’s around you.

scaredypants

I think that they should set up something like flashing rear lights for active racers and in different colours for the various cats (although maybe you can only see other racers anyway now ?? Regardless, coloured lights or some other visual clue on the rider would be good IMO)

scaredypants

the 8 o’clock show has turned into 7 flat laps now (I’m certain it was 4xhilly earlier) ?? 😯

crosshair
    Free Member

It was always showing as 7laps CCW on the app I think.

I’m torn. Not feeling great either way but the trouble with a 40minute race is that I won’t hit my TSS which means I’ll end up having to do extra Z2 afterwards.

At least if I just do the 90minute interval session, I’ll be done by 20:30.

scaredypants

you can wait for me after the race and tow me round a couple of extra laps, if that helps 🙂

crosshair
    Free Member

Hardly!!!! 😀

nathb
    Free Member

Sorry folks I’m doing the WBR race at 7:20pm – 8pm is just too late for me…

Currently I’m the only person in my Cat lol

weeksy

Lol its your event at 8pm! You can’t bail on them all. They’ve all been waiting !

scaredypants

😥

blader1611
    Free Member

Nathb i bet you finish second then!

nathb
    Free Member

Haha I set it up on requests on here 😆

beej

Done first race.

Zwift – XRS – ZTR Thursday Night Race, 4 laps hilly. Entered cat B.

Shot off the line with the A’s, and about 10 other Bs. Dropped back about 10 mins in with a couple of other and got caught by a few more B’s. Two and a half laps in my internet dropped, and by the time it came back I was a minute behind the group I’d been in, but a couple of minutes ahead of the next group of Bs.

Held them off til the end, I think I was about 10/25 in B. Zwift said I was 30th overall.

Sweaty.

EDIT 12th in Bs on Zwift Power at the moment.

weeksy

Another powerhouse for Bs then once you sort your internet issues

nathb
    Free Member

Just going to leave this here friends 😆

https://www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=12984

crosshair
    Free Member

Even your skinny little Avatar looks arrogant Nath 😆

Only joking, that’s awesome! Well done mate 😀

nathb
    Free Member

Haha you know me, I don’t do arrogant – I was provoked 😛

Not going to lie there was some team tactics at play, but the last 4/5 km I was chugging us along to get away from the other A rider.

Cheers for the advice on the settings, felt much better all the way around.

scaredypants

LOL – just finished the 8pm race. Remember that, nath ? 😀

Leeroy was there, riding really strongly up the front. He says he got dropped but I wonder if he’s had a wifi failure – every time I was struggling he was strolling along in the front 10 or so

Again, I didn’t even see the split in our lead B group – wonder if some of them caught onto the draft of the lead A riders. If they did, fair play, two guys came through like a bloody express train at one point 😯

It was a quick one; my best 7 laps ever of the volcano were all from tonight! Watts. Everywhere.

nathb
    Free Member

I’m getting these subtle hints 🙂

Nice ride!!

cheekyget
    Free Member

Is there any races on tomorrow night….??…my man flu has gone…yay!!

leeroybrown
    Free Member

Scaredy it was on lap 6, a small gap appeared and I couldn’t close it I could see you pulling away!

My legs are in bits from riding everyday since Saturday that’s my excuse

Good going mate

scaredypants

All went to shit about then didn’t it? 😀 I think that was about the time we “lost” a bunch off the front; I suppose that surge was us trying to keep up
    Were you still on when the A team came past?

(great ride on a flat course at your size, dropped or not – wouldn’t like to try to hold your wheel in a hilly race)

piemonster

That FTP test was a wake up call 😐

blader1611
    Free Member

The ftp test is brutal, i may have to do another one soon but i am more than happy to delay it. How did you do piemonster?

muggomagic

Did the WBR 4 laps flat at 9:05 this morning as a cat C. It was a bit longer than I’d done before so didn’t really know how I’d get on. Held on in the main group for 2.5 laps then just couldn’t stay with the group up the little climbs after the sprint. Within the blink of an eye they were gone and before I knew it were around 30secs ahead. I spent the next 8km sticking around 270w but they were still pulling away. Caught up with a cat D rider and we rode together until the sprint where I went for as I knew he’d be upgraded and thought my only chance would be to drop him on the flat. I got a bit of a gap before the climbs but on the second one he flew past me and I was spent and couldn’t stay with him.
    Properly ruined after that. 42km at what felt like my max and finished 8th out of 16 in Cat C. Roll on the next one 🙂

b1gf00t
    Free Member

I was also in the 9.05 race, seemed quite easy until I got dropped on the little climb with just a couple of km to go. Finished tired and last of the A’s. Not my best finish, not my best week with a few disruptions and travelling. I was the oldest in the race, and I wish there were master’s races at the weekend. The points from this and my other race this week have put me back in cat 1 again, now I need to maintain my position there.

weeksy

I did 70km of trails and byways today with a mate instead of Zwifting. Was a nice pace for me and I felt great all day.

piemonster

How did you do piemonster?

Badly 🙁

To be expected considering how little riding has happened these last 3 months.

nathb
    Free Member

See y’all at 8:30am 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 5,441 through 5,480 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.