Viewing 40 posts - 5,401 through 5,440 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • scaredypants

unlucky nath – you could’ve come in & kicked my arse round the 6.45 to sorelegs central 😀

nathb
    Free Member

Ha I tried to get out of work on time but didn’t happen!!

I just won the WBR race, almost lost it to a cat B rider though, I was racing very stupidly and doing a lot of pulling everyone as I didn’t have the legs or inclination to try and get away 😆

https://www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=12889

blader1611
    Free Member

Great result nath, that must have been a close finish.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    blader1611
    Free Member

Scaredypants – nice result as that looked a fast race judging by the stats.

scaredypants

Cheers, pretty much a best for me
    Still a bit disappointed though – was just congratulating myself for still being in a buunch of only about half a dozen, when suddenly I wasn’t any more. It’s like I losa all concentration; don’t really remember seeing them go, just seeing them gone 🙄

Ended up riding a lap and a half with 1 other rider but for once I seemed better on the rises than him so on the last lap I had a go and dropped him by 3-4 seconds. Rode it in for the place

nathb
    Free Member

Too close! I did far too work as the numbers show 😆

Nice race scardey, where you racing when I joined you? You left me either way…

scaredypants

sorry nath, didn’t see you join us at all – I dropped in on you after my race but wasn’t even on the bike at the time, just followed you to see if you were still racing but you were just bimbling with CH at the time

crosshair
    Free Member

Well done Golfchic!
    And the rest of you heroes too 🙂

I do miss the freedom to do a weekly Zwift race but Trainerroad has just added 15w back on my ftp in 4 weeks so I’m loathe to mix it up too much.

We should pick a big feature race every couple of weeks that we all commit to for a proper Zwift race write-up bonanza 😀

scaredypants

There are some MASSIVE fields for some of these races now – 60 in cat B for the 8.00 tonight. You could hide/lose a lot of STWers in there !

nathb
    Free Member

I was riding with you for a little while – when I gave you a ride on. To be fair other riders may have been switched off.

How about Thursdays KISS race at 8pm?

crosshair
    Free Member

What course is it?

nathb
    Free Member

Volcano circuit CCW 21m/34km

Crit tactics!!

scaredypants

20:00 KISS Europe Race (22mi / 36 km) 36.2km 7 laps Volcano Crit CCW on the listing

OR

KISS Europe Race (22mi / 36 km) Thu Oct 5th 2017 20:00
    KISS 4 Lap Watopia Hilly from ramp
    when you open up the race link

(I’m oot either way – single parent for the next couple of days so ferrying kids round the place)

CH, what are you doing on trainerroad to get gains like that ?

crosshair
    Free Member

Hmm. Will it be a good replacement for 5x8min @ 318w ?? Very tempting……

crosshair
    Free Member

Sustained Power Build (Mid Volume). My pre-block FTP test was a bit cack so I set it to 300w (tested at 296) and it’s now 311. In fact, I think it’s slightly higher as my pacing was conservative.

blader1611
    Free Member

I feel like i have gone up a notch in fitness which i would like to test out in the real world but gosh the weather has been bloody awful for nearly 2 weeks. Its been windy most days and when it hasnt we have had torrential rain, after all this zwifting i am ready for fresh air and not fan air. Weather forecast all this week is strong winds so i think i might try a zwift race everyday and see how tiredness affects results.

jk501
    Free Member

wow some great results there, well done all!

I was chuffed to manage a PB up Boxhill riding solo (to be fair it was only the 5th time I had done it so still plenty of room for improvement), then I read what Blader did in his race – twice… my word. 😯

Poopscoop

Been out of the thread for a while, sorry chaps! Real life stuff, you know how it is.Some great reading in the last few pages must catch up properly.

Got a cadence sensor from China turn up yesterday. £10 delivered and works great anyone interested I’ll post up some pics etc.

Going to go the 40k or 112k challenge next. Yeah,I know I won’t win the bike but still good motivation! 🙂

weeksy

I’m up for Thurs @ 8pm this week if others are.

Mrs Weeksy is away and my lad is at Cubs, but someone else is picking him up this week, so i can make it.

Fasting day again today, it’s only 7am and i’m struggling lol.

nathb
    Free Member

I’m going to try and make Tuesday & Thursday races and Sunday group rides.

Only problem I find is that at 8pm I just want to chill out, sitting on a bike at race pace doesn’t appeal. Need to try and figure out a plan to make my energy peak at 8pm without sugar & carbs.

On a side note I’ve comitted to being the official sweeper on Sundays rides – this will get me out of bed on time 😆 I’m going to stop banging on about it but will create a weekly invites on Strava for it and Thursday night races.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Just joined zwift last week and doing the free trail it ends tomoz but I’m sold…it’s great.i did 3 rides…but then I came down with a bit o man flu over the weekend.
    Looking forward to joining you guys in the racing…boxhill is my local so it’ll be nice to see how they’ve made it look.
    It seems in the free trail all you can do is watopia…which is great …but I want to race…lol
    Anyway I got my hand on the full bells and whistles wahoo kickr v2 and made a perminate set up in my garage….I’ll be ready to ride come Friday……you can’t miss me…illl probably be last..ha ha ha

weeksy

Nothing wrong with being last mate 🙂 MAny of us started at the back end of D races, that’s just how it is. Even some of the quicker lads now, started at the lower ends.
    I got well and truely destroyed in the first D race… out the back, boom !

scaredypants

cheeky – you go wherever the system defaults to … unless you use zwifthacks (I assume it’ll work with the trial). Bear in mind, there’s nobody else around if you go to London on a watopia day – and the system stays set at your choice after you shut down zwift, so next time you fire up there’ll be nobody around again unless zwift has moved to your choice by chance

weeksy

Did the AHDR ride, was a 2.5 ride, all was going lovely, then my laptop hung ! Not a zwift/trainer issue though so i’m OK, i think it was a work based App that hung it…. i carried on riding and hoping it would register, but came back 1m30 off the group ! bummer.

Did another 20 mins and caught a few, helped a few, then bailed as today wasn’t planning on being a crazy due to the 5-2 dieting. So i’m happy enough and should have legs for the 8pm tomorrow now 🙂

blader1611
    Free Member

Just got my bluetooth heart rate belt and i cant seem to connect it to zwift. I have connected to my strava app on my phone so i know the belt is transmitting. I am currently trying to pair just the belt on zwift whilst sat in the lounge but it just doesnt see the device, i have connected successfully on my ipad in the bluetooth settings but zwift just cant see it, any ideas?

scaredypants

I don’t know much about ‘dis shit but bluetooth only pairs with one thing at a time, doesn’t it ?
    Might your strap still be paired to phone/ipad ?

jam-bo

zwift on the PC? doesn’t support direct bluetooth connections, you need to use the zwift mobile link app as a bridge.

blader1611
    Free Member

Jambo i am doing this all on an ipad and i have closed down all connections on my phone. I put a new battery in and it connected to strava on my mobile straight away (alarmingly i was sitting down and my hr was 110).,i have turned my phone off but zwift on ipad sees nothing. According to instructions the hr belt works with strava,wahoo,endomondo,runkeeper and various other apps so i dont see why zwift would be any different to those.

EDIT: As the saying goes 17th times a charm, it has just started working and i am not sure why.

jam-bo

does it work with those apps on the ipad? older ipads didnt have bluetooth LE.

blader1611
    Free Member

I wonder if scaredypants was right, i think my ipad was connected to it so i selected forget this device and checked zwift again and it was there and thankfully my hr was registering 59bpm which sounds more like it seen as i am sitting on the sofa.

I can now safely do the wbr race this morning without dq’ing and avoid another 2 laps of box hill on evr race.

weeksy

Arses

“My lad isn’t going to Cubs tomorrow so i can’t pick yours up…”

Grrrrr.

That’s me missing the 8pm race then.

cosmokramer
    Free Member

Howdy folks…long time lurker here who finally took the plunge and entered into the SZR C race tonight after trying a few Team Italy ones.

Wow 140 people at the start, one massive lead group was formed and finally understood what virtual drafting is all about (the Team Italy rides are normally only 10 or so riders). Great buzz and managed to hang on until the end, even sprint into the lead for a while but couldn’t hold the final 200m.

On Zwiftpower though, I am DQ’d because I’m exceeding category limits. Find that somewhat strange when the winner completed the race 14 seconds faster than me…or is the 95% power considered when DQ’ing riders? (came in at 3.22/kg)

beej

I tried to do that one, but Zwift didn’t start in time. Ended up in front of it, hopped into the leading C pack, rode with them for a bit, took a different turn, got caught by the leading B pack, rode with them for 15km, took a different turn and finished.

I was putting out more w/kg than those around me (only 67kg) but was fine in the packs… but the speed of the first groups at the start would have been a problem.

I think I need something hilly. Enjoyed the practice though.

scaredypants

I think I need something hilly

I believe sir is correct – even just a few kg below the opposition and you’re hard to race (I “outclimbed” a guy in a flat London race the other day and he was only 4kg more than me)

(oooh, just thought, maybe he was on a dumb trainer ?)

crosshair
    Free Member

Cosmokramer- yep, you went over the power boundary. The thing about Cats is that the rule is FTP/kg but the enforcement is based on your race performance so they are already being generous 🙂

nathb
    Free Member

Hopefully you all should have all received my spam earlier (strava invites).

Given the fact I’ve literally just got in from work (having been there since 9am) I’m not too hopeful yet that I can make tomorrow nights race either! I’m also knackered, my recovery times seem to have doubled with my protein intake slash…even commuting seems to be taking its toll. It’s only because I’m a stubborn bugger that I won the other nights race lol.

blader1611
    Free Member

Got your spam nathb, evening rides are difficult for me due to kids bedtime so pretty certain i wont be able to make it.

scaredypants

sorry, me neither for tomorrow (might do the 08.05 3 hilly laps if some more folk sign up to it, only 10 in total just now – it won’t be pretty if I do; I’m not a hills man 😯 )

weeksy

I’m debating the 9.30am Volcano race this morning. Although i went to bed right up for it, but woke up thinking “errrrm, not sure i can face the flat out intensity” LOL

weeksy

Well there’s a big field for the 9.30 so i better get my legs together and get the passion going. Target at the moment is really just to finish !

Viewing 40 posts - 5,401 through 5,440 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.