• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,281 through 5,320 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • scaredypants

LOL – Just been doing some stalking on the zwift app & followed one or two STWers. Noticed that Weeksy wasn’t on my list. How rude of me – expect loads of random thumbing ( 😯 ) from me in future weeksy !

blader1611
    Free Member

Poopscoop – looks like you bagged 8th,good work.

Well done to the others too, good to see a few stw names in there.

scaredypants

… and poopscoop – you’re on a meteoric rise matey. Cat C forced u[grade next time round ??

Guessing that Harry too is Steve RAMSDEN* ?!

Damn, I’m good – should’ve been a copper 🙂

harrytoo
    Free Member

Looks like the results are sorted, third in genuine D will do. Pretty chuffed with that.

Need to look out for another one of those.

Edit to confirm SP is correct……

weeksy

Great performances lads. Enjoy the beer and crisps etc

Poopscoop

Im up to 5th now, they’ve had a purge on ZPower. lol

NOT boasting, just happy not to be last. Again. I thought I was as there were so many riders and so much dust in the air I didnt know where the heck I was most of the time.

Bladder, have I added you on zwift?

As for C grade…. I need to be careful I think. I want and need to stay at D to be honest. On a longer/ hillier ride I would have been toat…. ala Richmond where I placed last. 😉

I went off like a little N Korean rocket ship at the start.

Then fell apart, again like a N Korean rocket test, after about 200 metres and everyone caught up/ passed me.

Learnt another few lessons in that race. Still finding drafting hard. I either over cook it and overtake or, more often, fall off the back…

Burnt over 500 calories and will be cashing that in tomorrow. 😉

Poopscoop

Oh, what are the white peaks on this chart please?

scaredypants

so much dust in the air I didnt know where the heck I was most of the time

Seems a classic tactic to attack the bunch in the middle of that section – sneaky **** !

Oh, and I reckon those white bits might be the max/min of a 3 second average or something like that. Err, maybe

scaredypants

Lee Robinson 2.85 w/kg

going, going, …. ?

rocco

Poopscoop

Something like F Finbod STW or there abouts, what was yours bud?
    Will add you on zwift.
    P. Drewery, I came 11th. Happy with that as it was basically a 21km timetrial. Will need better tactics next time with different bike and nailing it at the start.

This could get a bit addictive 😀

Poopscoop

scaredypants – Member

so much dust in the air I didnt know where the heck I was most of the time

Seems a classic tactic to attack the bunch in the middle of that section – sneaky **** !

Damn it that really is beautifully sneaky isnt it? I’ve got so much to learn still.

Poopscoop

rocco
    P. Drewery, I came 11th. Happy with that as it was basically a 21km timetrial. Will need better tactics next time with different bike and nailing it at the start.

This could get a bit addictive

Cheers mate, added you on Strava and on zwift. I think.

Anyway…

Not riding tomorrow but on Sunday i’ll either give the mountain loop a shot (ouch my knees) or look for a shortish race. Ie under 20 miles preferably. What you guys riding on Sunday, if at all of course?

jk501
    Free Member

Hey Weeksy

I was sorry to read about you hitting the wall.

FWIW as a (once reasonably handy) broken ex runner I know how that feels.

What I learned is that you need a decent aerobic base to be able to race with any regularity as anaerobic efforts are otherwise not sustainable.

Regular aerobic efforts also help with weight loss as you can go longer more regularly without breaking yourself.

Perhaps you could look at doing some group rides maybe with a short after party or those that have a short race to the finish at the end to give you the race rush. Another thing you could do is enter a race but do say a 70% of FTP effort with a bit of a sprint at the end or maybe decide to draft for some D grade guys. There are plenty of ways to mix it up.

Anyway hopefully you come up with a plan that works for you.

Cheers

muggomagic

Good work to all the cat Ds yesterday. I also went off too quick and fell away early. Had about 8 pints by 6pm and was asleep by 8pm. I got the reminder at 6.30 about the race, but just laughed at how I was silly enough to consider that a Friday post work drink was going to be just a couple of pints and off home 😆

weeksy

My lad was playing a football tournament today, so I dropped him off and went exploring on the Parkwood. 55km of back roads and lanes later, I was back to see him storming goal. Lol

Lovely ride though

scaredypants

aaaaAAAAARRRGH !!!!

Just finished a race, 4 laps of the flat course. Dropped by the lead bunch on the “climb” on lap 2; minute ahead of the next bunch so TT’d it home. Nearly quit, heart wasn’t in it. Was caught by one of the bunch behind & pipped on the line. Turns out that was the race for “B” gold, once the riders ahead had been bumped up (fist of iron in the judging; one of them was at 4.0 w/kg!).

silver, meh

😉

blader1611
    Free Member

Scaredypants i hate it when that happens, several times i have finished fourth not realising i was in with a chance of a trophy. Good result though and your HR was far less than the winner.

Nice one weeksy and weeksy jnr, sounds like you both had a good morning.

scaredypants

Lol blader – my HR can’t go much higher (171 abs max). I pushed hard up the hill last time round when they were catching me; it’s not like he just caugh me dozing

scaredypants

Have to say, it’s great to have bigger fields again

blader1611
    Free Member

I agree, the bigger fields means less chance of having to do long periods of solo riding.

mossimus
    Free Member

Sneaked a cat win in the 17:05 1 lap flat today. Actually 5th over the line but 4 above me got upgraded.

Not got the fitness/too fat to do any good in longer races at the moment.

GolfChick
    Free Member

DId the 1:10pm ODivaZ Watopia Hilly race today, still waiting for zwift power to update to settle the field and bup the B riders up to A cat but think I managed 8th today. Not sure I’ll do more races once Zwift Academy ends, find them a bit super intense and make me feel quite ill on the run upto them too. I know they’re good for my fitness but not sure it’s worth the pressure!

nathb
    Free Member

See y’all at 8:30am for the 103km group ride? 😆

2-3w/kg

crosshair
    Free Member

Nah, skate park action with the boy tomorrow morning sorry. Great idea though.

weeksy

Too fast for me Nath.

beej

I’ve never done a race/ride on there before, so I’ll give it a go. B.Hill (STW/MSFT), very pink at the moment.

blader1611
    Free Member

I couldnt make it this morning so just did a bit of zwift stalking and handed out a few ride ons for encouragement, well done guys,good grouping judging by the times on ZP.

scaredypants

Oh dear – felt a bit like the drunk uncle at a wedding there !

Late, unsuitably dressed, kept taking wrong turns (seems remarkably hard to get back onto the right road)

Eventually just carried on after another error. Hope you all got a good ride in

eemy
    Free Member

I swear I was only day-dreaming for a second or two and bam, I got dropped by the group. It’s all these keen folk coming back to Zwift for the winter.

beej

I enjoyed that, even managed to get a screenshot of 4 of us together.

nathb
    Free Member

That was much more fun than I anticipated, I didn’t wake up in time for breakfast so it was 64 miles/2000 Calories powered by a big mug of black coffee. I was sweeping so that kept my tiny little mind occupied. I spent at least 50km behind the group pulling 2/3 riders back in. They kept dropping off the group and then it’d repeat again, until they left. It was nice to win the last KM sprint too.

eemy what was your username as didn’t see you fall off the back!? Unless you were the guy on the TT bike as there was nothing I could do for you 😆

I don’t get why people join group rides to just ride off the front, why don’t they join an actual race!?

eemy
    Free Member

Nath – I wasn’t in your race, it was the 4-lap WBR at 10.05am.

Congrats to the pair of you for doing the 100km. Over 2hr 30mins sounds like a long time to be on the turbo.

beej

There was a group of about 15-20 that drifted off the front early on – I was in it but eased off and dropped back to the ride leader. Spent a bit of time on the front with the other STWs. Noticed you were sweeping nathb, you only appeared in the main pack with a couple of laps to go.

I was woefully unprepared for the sprint. And by unprepared, I mean “lacking a 1000w sprint”.

nathb
    Free Member

😆

Always worth a go though! I was doing more work than I had planned as the sweeper. I’m not sure what people expect when they turn up to a 2-3w/kg ride and keep getting dropped…

blader1611
    Free Member

Those group rides baffle me, people flying out of the start and going on ahead and not waiting and then the people who cant keep up in slow rides. I have had this a few times in the SAS races, group leader just dq’d them coz they wouldnt heed his warnings.

jk501
    Free Member

I agree about people disappearing off the front on group rides.

I have only been on zwift a few weeks and I have to say I still find it hard to judge where I fit in terms of pace. I have been spat out the back of some group rides and others I have been ok. My attitude is now just give it a go and if I can’t keep up so be it. Some peoples (say) 2.5w/kg is clearly different to others.

I signed up for the euro decaf today which sounds interesting – If I can keep up

piemonster

then the people who cant keep up in slow rides

That’ll be me in a few days time…

crosshair
    Free Member

Remember folks (and it’s a huge bugbear of mine, although I no longer debate it on FB 😆 ) W/kg is flawed!

Yet for some bizarre reason, it’s become the default metric for grouping folk together!

It is entirely dependent on knowing the weight of the ride leader- otherwise it could be 50 Watts either way. And on the flat, it’s w/cda that decides your speed NOT w/kg anyway.

Take ZSUN for example. It’s billed as 2.5-2.8 this time of year yet even with Stew leading it, it was generally much less than that for me. When Monica leads, it’s even worse! Her 2.5 is about 150w!!
    So I generally end up with a group of similarly sized guys riding off the front. We’re not going over ‘pace’, the pace is just flawed!

The irony is, in a virtual word with no headwinds and the same rolling resistance all the time, speed is the logical way to group people. You could bill a group ride as ‘Volcano Flat- 24mph laps’. Then people could try out some various rides and work out which ones are the right pace for them. As it is, a w/kg billed ride could change every week with different sized riders leading it!
    Oh yeah, that’s right, Zwift didn’t bother to add average speed to the screen!! Crazy!

blader1611
    Free Member

Avg speed on a zwift ride would be excellent, dont understand why it hasnt been done.

jk501
    Free Member

Thanks crosshair.

That explains why someone passed me in a race last week and his w/kg was less than mine. It seemed rather unfair at the time!

Would average watts work as well? So for example if a ride was billed as 200w then at least each person could work out what that would mean for them.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,281 through 5,320 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.